“Defo best holiday so far!!!”

Aliathon Holiday Village
Ranked #25 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We stayed at the Aliathon Holiday Village for 1 week in June (booked the 1 bedroom Deluxe, Fishing Village, room 1209). Arrived at midnight and was greeted with a friendly and speedy check in. Golf buggied to our appointment. First impression of our hotel room was fab - really spacious and COOL. Had 2 cockroaches in room when we turned light on. (kids thought it was hiliarous watching their dad doing a dance trying to squash them, while I jumped up on a chair lol) SCARY! but reported it the next day and cleaner sprayed room and I filled hole by door with toilet paper and never saw one again. Only thing I would like to suggest is that they could have put some bottled water in fridge for late arrivals. Apart from this, everything else was perfect. I was amazed that we never had to get up really early to put towels on loungers like you have to do at so many other places. We went on 14.06.09 and talking to staff they said the complex was only 70/80% full, this was fab, hence plenty of loungers and not many in pool.

Food was bloomy lovely - I don't know how anyone can complain about the food in any other reviews, they must be extremely fussy that's all I can say.

Cleanliness of the whole complex was A1 - everything looked so pretty and well kept.

Went to Harbour one evening, that was pretty with plenty of bars, resturants, shops etc. only 20/30min walk or 8 euros in taxi. Really nice to walk it thou (all on the flat).

Waterpark is really great too. 10 min walk away. It wasn't huge but that's why I liked it so much because you didn't get too tired walking round it all day with kids. Hardly any queues which was brill. Had a really great day out there (pricey, but everything is in Cyprus).

Entertainment crew were really good, we found Geoff really funny, oh & Paul ha ha ha.

They had a Robbie tribute one night - wow he was really good, sounded so much like him that if you closed your eyes you'd swear it was him, saying that mind he looked pretty much like him too.

I would defo recommend this holiday complex to my friends and anyone else reading this review. I'd give it 9/10!!

GO ON - YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

5  Thank Leanne07_9
Write a ReviewReviews (2,752)

Reviewed July 16, 2009

Myself, husband and children, 2 boys aged 11 and 6, arrived at the Aliathon on the 5th July for 1 week. The transfer was very quick and the check in was super speedy too. The buggy took us and our luggage to our kids suite apartment in the fishing village. We were incredibly happy to find the huge 1 bed apartment with playstation etc. Also the
cheese and crackers awaiting us in the fridge was a nice surprise.
The entertainment staff were wonderful, they remembered everyones names which was incredible as there were so many people coming and going. My 6 year old took a liking to Joff especially (nutty as a fruit cake). The evening entertainment was fantastic. We have been to places with pretty dire entertainment but we were more than happy with each evenings events, just a shame we never won the bingo! The only criticism I would make is that the kids clubs at night are split by quite a distance. We had to go to the other side of the fishing village to sign my 6 year old in the kids club for his age group at 9pm and at the same time sign my 11 year old in the group for his age which was based at the entertainment room quite some distance away. Which meant my husband and I splitting up to drop them off and pick them up. It would be better if they could have been closer but it wasn't a huge problem really.
There were a massive choice of drinks available on the all inclusive including baileys and tia maria (Cyprus version but you wouldnt know). The kids made lots of friends and had a great time which in turn made it so much easier for us to relax and chill while they were using lots of energy in the scorching heat in the pools and joining in the activities. We will definitely be going back at some time (just out of season as I think there will be a lack of sunbeds and big queues in the peak of holidays).
We met some wonderful people and some wonderful first choice team and fab hotel staff. Definitely go and find out for yourself if you can.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2009

we just returned on sunday from this this holiday village it is brilliant, from when we got picked up from the airport it was fab we got given our room key and all info on the transfer coach so when we arrived at the holiday all we had to do was get our all inclusive bands on and a buggy came to take us and our luggage to our room which was fab we stayed in room 408 in the aegean part (old part) but couldnt fault it had 2 tvs dvd player cd player very clean place with hugh sun terrace (we even had his and hers dressing gowns hung up ready) i will ssay though im sure this room was haunted as we heard alot of tiny foot steps every night walking around our room which i thought was my daughter going to the toilet but it wasnt so listen out for it if you get this room. the first choice entertainment staff are great day and night and the kids club is fantastic which they do 4 times a day it made the kids holiday that much more fun they made lots of friends there, this club comes in with the holiday the only time you have to pay is when they put on a special party which is only 4 euro per child. overall a wicked holiday and would definatly go back again.

Reviewed July 14, 2009

We have just returned from our first family holiday with our daughter who is not even one yet. We deliberately chose our resort because we wanted self catering combined with all inclusive option. At the time of booking the pound was near parity with the euro so it seemed sensible to book an all inclusive hotel. We need self catering facilities to make our little girl food, sterilise equipment etc. This hotel ticked all the boxes and then some.

It has been discussed by many previous members that there are two areas to this hotel. The agean section is slightly older, more modest in design and has a quieter atmosphere. The fishing village is newer, accommodation looks better and it is surround the main pool with the activities and children’s areas. If this in anyway worries you or you like to keep up with the Jones’ then I would suggest that you look to upgrade or change rooms prior to travel. You may not get the chance on arrival in high season.

At the time of booking we upgraded our room (two levels I think) for a few extra pounds to stay in a Deluxe 1 bedroom apartment. The amount (I forget how much) seemed very reasonable to get a larger room, with separate bedroom and a large balcony with its own table and chairs, umbrella and 2 sun loungers. This allowed us time to relax in the sun while our little one slept in the air conditioned room. This type of accommodation is in the newer fishing village section.

This hotel is perfect for families. If your kids are slightly older than our infant then there are lots of activities and fun stuff that should keep them entertained all week. The hotel layout is nice with no high rise buildings. The maximum is two stories for all accommodation. There is a nice relaxed feel about the place.

The location of the hotel is not amazing, but as it is aimed towards young families I do not think this matters too much. It is in a quieter location of the resort with no decent breaches on the door step. As discussed by many the harbour is about 35-40 mins walk away. It’s a nice enough walk along the sea front or past the shops and bars and a pleasant enough harbour to warrant the stroll. It is also nice to get out of the hotel occasionally and sample a different beer other than Kio.

The food at the hotel is OK. I am not going to be too harsh about it as it is aimed towards catering for a lot of people. I have certainly had better but there is considerably worse across Europe. I can imagine that the buffet restaurant will get busy in a weeks time as the kids finish school. We used the Mexican and the Greek restaurants as allowed under the all inclusive arrangement. They provide a reduced and limited menu which is OK. I would recommend that you use both as it nice to have your food served to you and to spend some time relaxing over dinner. The service in both was excellent so my thanks to the staff, particularly the Cypriat/English gentleman that served us in the Greek restaurant (sorry I forget your name). It was his first day and he was incredibly polite and helpful as we tried to settle our daughter in between courses.

My thanks also go to Lorraine at the Aliathon. I needed to contact the hotel in advance of our arrival to arrange a few things and I received prompt and helpful assistance throughout our communication. Your assistance was greatly appreciated.

Were there any negative points? A couple but I will mention them only briefly as they did not detract from our holiday. The pool is still not repaired in the very shallow end and this may cause a problem in high season. The aircon was temperamental in our living room, but the bedroom system adequately cooled the place. My own personal gripe of most all inclusive hotels – please provide at least one decent whisky :)

If you are travelling as a family to this hotel you should have a great time. Enjoy.

5  Thank MikeSkiSun
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My partner and I recently went to a friends wedding at the Aliathon Holiday Village and it did not disappoint. We were delayed at the airport and did not arrive to the hotel until midnight and all the staff were very helpful. Our welcome packs and room keys were handed out on the coach as well as registration forms so all we had to do when we got there was hand the forms over and have our all inclusive wristbands fitted.

If you are going to Cyrprus then all inclusive is the way to go. Cyrpus is a very expensive place in fact lots of things were more expensive there than you would pay in the UK..

We stayed in the fishing village in a deluxe one bedroom apartment it was lovely. Where we were situated was quiet and we had a lovely veranda we could sit on and enjoy the hot nights. Although people keep saying they wanted to be upgraded to the fishing village I could not see reason why. I went for a walk around the old part which is called the Aegean Village and it looked very nice and clean. It had two pools which were much quieter than the pools in the fishing village.

Friends stayed in the Aegean Village and they were more than happy with their room.

The food in the restaurant was varied and had alot of choice. The fruit for breakfast was a little disappointing as I was expecting a wide variety but all you got were oranges, grapefruit, apples and pears and tinned peaches. There were lots of other items on offer such as pastries, cheese and ham and of course cooked breakfast.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The entertainment staff were all great and very talented singers. They made everyone feel at home.

The wedding took place outside the chapel in the courtyard which was lovely. The wedding breakfast was also held outside in the courtyard and the food was excellent. The weather was very hot and therefore if I go back it would be at a cooler time of the year so you could do more sightseeing.

The hotel is definitely geared to families and therefore not ideal if you want a really peaceful holiday but all in all the wedding was fab, the hotel was great and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tilehurst38
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Lovely hotel, mainly geared for families from about 5 to 14. Facilities for that age group are brilliant. Accommodation is far better in the fishing village to the Aegean village which is the newer part of the hotel.
I went with 2 teenage girls 17 and 19 but 8 Euros in a cab to the bars and nightclubs so not the end of the world.
Food was pretty good and always a good selection. Main restaurant was a bit like a school dinner hall, but food and drink was fine.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank thorneybont
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Booked this day before we went, got a huge delux 2 bedroomed apartment which was very well fitted out with all anyone could need ( room 608 ) top floor overlooking the lagoon pool in the Agean village part. Would have liked to try the new fishing village area, but after looking at one or two of the rooms and some air con issues deceided to stay where we were. This apartment is at the side of the commercial area fronting the road but any noise was never a problem, also handy for the supermarket and restraunts.
The food in the hotel is above average for all inclusive with a good choice, and some of it was actually HOT. Staff were excellent at all times and smartly dressed, better in some cases than the customers ( why some men come to the evening meal in a vest and shorts is beyond me, as the children dress up very nicely). We spoke to a couple who had transfered out of the Agean to the Fishing village which cost them 90 euro's for the week for the same standard of room. Loads of stuff for the kiddies to do and the fishing village is the place to be for all activities, but strangely quite a few people from the fishing villiage came to the lagoon pool in the old part for most of the day to get away from the noise of 200 kids doing their thing, Yeeee haaaaaaaa! so its up to you!
Would i go back, certainly would especially at the price i got it for ( £465.00 each for a weeks all inc, if i had paid the full wack of £994 ( delux 2 bed pool view) + flight taxes £100 each for 1 week All inc, then i think i might have to rethink. Any problems, yes i should have booked 2 weeks and not 1 and yes we did see some ants, they came to inspect the honey pot in the restraunt as one alarmed woman pointed out to me as i was halfway through my cornflakes and honey one morning as though she had seen a herd of cows paddling about in the honey pot and it was a major crime in progress. Wonder what she would have said if Escargot or frogs legs had been on the counter!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple