We've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions, and opted for another visit for my birthday and to finish off the week after visiting friends elsewhere in Cyprus. We arrived on my birthday and my husband had arranged for flowers, champagne and canapés on arrival in our room. In the evening he had also pre-arranged a gourmet tasting menu with our private waiter and a table overlooking the bay. Fantastic! The second time he's ever surprised me and one of the two best birthdays I ever had. One thing I will say though is that the chef needs to downsize his portions, we were getting full by the 4th setting and glad/amazed when the chef came out to check on whether we wanted a whole lobster or half each. Suffice to say the desert was forced down with good intentions of a hard slog in the gym the next morning. This was fully accomplished, at least to try and run off some of the dinner from the night before. We used the gym every morning, but would have preferred to have done so in an air conditioned room rather than have the windows open.
We are familiar with the area and hotel and therefore aware that the fish restaurant would not be open until peak season, but would have like to have used the beach bar facilities at least once while we were staying. Unfortunately, it was closed throughout the whole of our visit due to weddings taking place. One gripe we did have was that we were unable to utilise the pool facilities as much as would have wanted. Not being ones for leaving a book and disappearing off for the whole day, we would go out in the morning and come back in the afternoon to enjoy the pool, but be unable to as they had been "bagged" or potential sunbeds still had used towels left on them and none to replenish if required. Whilst I agree with other comments on the site regarding the rooms being a little on the tired side, the service provided by the hotel staff was second to none, particularly Olga.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay . Location: Quietly nestled on the Maa Peninsula, an ancient Greek archeological site and surrounded by the crystal waters of the Mediterranean, Thalassa overlooks the beautiful golden beach of the Coral Bay where the radiance of the setting sun has mesmerized guests with majestic beauty and tranquility. The property borders the Akamas National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and ecological significance, which is protected by UNESCO and also encompasses the endangered turtle breeding site of Lara Bay. Lobby: The moment one enters the gracefully designed Lobby with breathtaking views, the mood set for a never to be forgotten experience. Accommodation: All rooms and suites are beautifully designed, all with sea view. Every room is as chic as it appears and includes; full marble bathroom, certain suites even include Whirlpools and personal saunas, lavish bathroom amenities, balcony, IDD cordless telephone set, internet access, satellite TV, Hi FI- DVD system, mini bar, and electronic safe to name a few. Anagenisis Spa at Thalassa is the first holistic spa in Cyprus. The spa features an array of signature treatments inspired by the four corners of the earth and from the past of ancient Greece. The spa reflects our philosophy of complete serenity and relaxation while highly qualified therapists offer personalized service focusing on the guests' individual wants and needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Bookcyprus.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Thalassa Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Resort Paphos