I am very puzzled by some of the positive reviews that have been given to this hotel as it is most certainly not a 5 star and would probably struggle to call itself a good 4 star. No money has been spent on it for years and it shows. The rooms are tired and in need of a revamp. In a suite you do get 2 bathrooms, 2 wardrobes etc. but it is obvious that a door has been taken away to produce one room instead of two and has been altered very badly.
The suite we had was not particularly clean on arrival and did not improve in the time we spent there. We overlooked the tennis court which did provide a nice view but at times the smell from the drains often prevented us from using the balcony or the sunbeds which were on it.
The view from the pool area is stunning however passing boats with holidaymakers singing and drinking plus the noise from the nearby beach, which anyone can use, spoilt any tranquillity that could gained from this. At the weekend Cypriots come and stay for one or two days and the hotel becomes overfull and noisy making it difficult to provide sunbeds for all the guests.
The breakfast is poor with good standards of hygiene not adhered to Items such as fried eggs can be ordered but it is a long drawn out process and upon arrival is either cold or undercooked, we gave up on this one. Drinks and meals in the hotel are very expensive so it is advisable to eat and drink somewhere else if possible.
The Thalassa has a no children under 12 policy, yet there were two very noisy young children during our entire stay. As the hotel has a very small pool area this noise becomes very annoying.
The management and staff definitely favour the Russian visitors over those from other Countries. Sunbeds are held for them all day whether they use them or not and the staff make sure they meet their every need whether it is reasonable or not. Some of the staff are helpful and friendly and some are most certainly not.
The Management advertise the Thalassa as a home from home apparently, I guess your view of this hotel will depend on what sort of home you have. My advice would be do not go, there are much better hotels in Cyprus and after all the view is free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay . Location: Quietly nestled on the Maa Peninsula, an ancient Greek archeological site and surrounded by the crystal waters of the Mediterranean, Thalassa overlooks the beautiful golden beach of the Coral Bay where the radiance of the setting sun has mesmerized guests with majestic beauty and tranquility. The property borders the Akamas National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and ecological significance, which is protected by UNESCO and also encompasses the endangered turtle breeding site of Lara Bay. Lobby: The moment one enters the gracefully designed Lobby with breathtaking views, the mood set for a never to be forgotten experience. Accommodation: All rooms and suites are beautifully designed, all with sea view. Every room is as chic as it appears and includes; full marble bathroom, certain suites even include Whirlpools and personal saunas, lavish bathroom amenities, balcony, IDD cordless telephone set, internet access, satellite TV, Hi FI- DVD system, mini bar, and electronic safe to name a few. Anagenisis Spa at Thalassa is the first holistic spa in Cyprus. The spa features an array of signature treatments inspired by the four corners of the earth and from the past of ancient Greece. The spa reflects our philosophy of complete serenity and relaxation while highly qualified therapists offer personalized service focusing on the guests' individual wants and needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Resort Paphos