I have stayed in the Thalassa Hotel before and the main reason for returning is that the hotel did not accept children under 12.
Although the Thalassa states on the web page that “Thalassa Boutique Hotel & Spa is delighted to welcome guests of 12 years and above only”, this is not the case anymore. I agree with the comment below from Richard H (15th June) that “no children” seems to apply to all guests unless they are Russian. There were 2 children one who was circa 6 years old. When in the pool his older brother tended to swing him about with squeals and howls of delight echoing around the small sunbathing area.
The hotel prides itself on being a small boutique hotel with only 58 bedrooms and hence has only a small area for sunbathing and small pool to match. Therefore older guests cannot get away from the noise.
Sunbeds were saved for this family 24 hours a day even when the family were out for most of the day and during busy times when sunbeds were not available to some guests.
Speaking to other guests who had previously been to the hotel, they also voiced that they were not happy and a number of complaints had been made. The only answer from the manager Panikos Komodromos was that “they could not stop children staying at the hotel”. If this is the case, then clearly, the hotel web page is incorrect and should be amended. At one stage apparently, the General Manager Pambos Michael stated he was not aware of children staying in the hotel, but when made aware of the situation, nothing was said. In fact the Russian family extended their stay from 4 weeks to 6 weeks.
Therefore holiday company brochures that state it is a “couples” or “no children” hotel are incorrect and in breach of miss-selling.
The breakfast was poor, eggs came broken or cold. Meats and fish are not covered and at certain times, sunlight shines directly through the windows directly onto the fish and meats.
There is a gymnasium which clearly states “strictly no person under the age of 16 and appropriate attire shall be worn”. Apparently, this does not apply to Russian children who were in the gym in only swimming trunks, nothing on their feet with the younger one trying to lift the heavy weights off a rack.
The hotel which sits on a peninsula does have a lovely outlook from both the sunrise and sunset rooms. However, occasionally, the sewers are pumped out and the smell on the sunset side during this operation is unbearable.
There are some good accommodating staff, but others that can be offhand.
It is a good holiday hotel, not a 5 star, which can provide a relaxing break without children.
Overall, unless the policy regarding children is upheld I would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay . Location: Quietly nestled on the Maa Peninsula, an ancient Greek archeological site and surrounded by the crystal waters of the Mediterranean, Thalassa overlooks the beautiful golden beach of the Coral Bay where the radiance of the setting sun has mesmerized guests with majestic beauty and tranquility. The property borders the Akamas National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and ecological significance, which is protected by UNESCO and also encompasses the endangered turtle breeding site of Lara Bay. Lobby: The moment one enters the gracefully designed Lobby with breathtaking views, the mood set for a never to be forgotten experience. Accommodation: All rooms and suites are beautifully designed, all with sea view. Every room is as chic as it appears and includes; full marble bathroom, certain suites even include Whirlpools and personal saunas, lavish bathroom amenities, balcony, IDD cordless telephone set, internet access, satellite TV, Hi FI- DVD system, mini bar, and electronic safe to name a few. Anagenisis Spa at Thalassa is the first holistic spa in Cyprus. The spa features an array of signature treatments inspired by the four corners of the earth and from the past of ancient Greece. The spa reflects our philosophy of complete serenity and relaxation while highly qualified therapists offer personalized service focusing on the guests' individual wants and needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Bookcyprus.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Resort Paphos