We booked through SLH and received an upgrade to a lovely suite overlooking the sunrise side of Coral Bay. We chose Cyprus for a relaxing autumn break because it is sunny and normally 25-28 degrees. The hotel stands in a quiet location on its own at the end of part of the bay with views of the sea from every room. The guests are mainly couples or singles both young and old wanting a relaxing time on their own. No children under 14 are allowed. If you want entertainment it is just next door at the Coral Bay resort and yes we did go to the nightclub several times for a bit of fun! But during our 12 day stay we just chilled out and enjoyed the peace and quiet and the excellent breakfasts and extensive a la carte menus in the main restaurant and the separate fish restaurant. We last stayed in Paphos 25 years ago when it was a small village and Coral Bay was undeveloped. Some may like what it has now become but we just stayed put in our hotel grounds.
What made our holiday special was the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. The team in this hotel is quite exceptional.
We feel that we had good value for our room rate and half board deal. We can understand those who have complained that the hotel is expensive and may not have had our deal but this is in part due to the pound's weakness against the over inflated euro. However the hotel management told us that they are cost conscious and their 2013 rates will reflect this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay . Location: Quietly nestled on the Maa Peninsula, an ancient Greek archeological site and surrounded by the crystal waters of the Mediterranean, Thalassa overlooks the beautiful golden beach of the Coral Bay where the radiance of the setting sun has mesmerized guests with majestic beauty and tranquility. The property borders the Akamas National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and ecological significance, which is protected by UNESCO and also encompasses the endangered turtle breeding site of Lara Bay. Lobby: The moment one enters the gracefully designed Lobby with breathtaking views, the mood set for a never to be forgotten experience. Accommodation: All rooms and suites are beautifully designed, all with sea view. Every room is as chic as it appears and includes; full marble bathroom, certain suites even include Whirlpools and personal saunas, lavish bathroom amenities, balcony, IDD cordless telephone set, internet access, satellite TV, Hi FI- DVD system, mini bar, and electronic safe to name a few. Anagenisis Spa at Thalassa is the first holistic spa in Cyprus. The spa features an array of signature treatments inspired by the four corners of the earth and from the past of ancient Greece. The spa reflects our philosophy of complete serenity and relaxation while highly qualified therapists offer personalized service focusing on the guests' individual wants and needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Resort Paphos