Kefalos is in a great location, right on the sea front and next to a paved promenade along which you can walk to the harbour in about 20mins (or run it as we did on several occasions!). The beach opposite is not ideal for swimming as it is quite weedy and rocky, although there is a stone jetty with ladders into the sea. Sandy beaches at Coral Bay and Corallia Bay are within a 20min bus ride (service runs every 15mins). There is modern shopping centre within a 10 minute walk. Our apartment was very nice, fairly basic but clean and quiet. Maid service was good, although on departure we did find a pair of dirty knickers in the top of the wardrobe together with the hood from a jacket so obviously that had not been checked after the last guests! We had a small balcony off the master bedroom from which you could see the sea and fall asleep listening to the waves(decided not to pay extra for sea view).
The complex itself is like a traditional Cypriot village, is clean and well maintained with nice landscaping. The pools were lovely, not too busy when we visited at Easter, and plenty of sun loungers either by the pool or on the adjacent lawned area, which also had volleyball and boules. We went half board and found the food plentiful and varied, usually we adults found no need to have lunch as we were so full after breakfast! I think the thing that struck us the most was the good quality service and attention to detail from the staff. The entertainers, Ramona and Ricco were excellent, very good attitude and professional yet personable approach. Our children (7 & 9) loved the kids club, and were upset when we went out for the day and they couldn't attend! In the evening they enjoyed the nightly kids disco whilst we indulged in happy hour cocktails, quiz & bingo. Some of the entertainment was a bit cheesy but perfect for a family holiday! We felt the children were quite safe running around just outside the bar area with their new found friends, they enjoyed the independence and we enjoyed some adult time. We felt there was a lovely atmosphere and commitment to ensuring we had a great stay, the restaurant staff, in particular, Dino, were very friendly and great with the kids. It is certainly one of the nicest places we have stayed and we would love to return next year. On previous visits to Cyprus we have self catered in a villa with family but this was far more relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village