I stayed with my wife in the Kefalos Beach Hotels for 4 Nights. We booked it because we were convinced that due to so many good reviews at Tripadvisor the hotel must be a lucky shot.
Unfortunatly it was not!!
as we arrived I was good things that we would have great holidays. A nice old brtitish guy drove us to our appartement. After I opend the door of this dirty ugly smelling appartement my mood was on tilt. The appartement was in front of the hotel pool area, were every evening a entertainment program taking place. It was loud and no possibility to enjoy the stay.
The bed was horror. The sheets were dirty and looked like as somebody slepted in before our arrival. Same with the towels. Unbelivable was that there was no locker for the safe. At the reception we had to pay for the locker. I never had to pay for the hotel safe before.
We went back to the reception and ask for a new room. They told us that the room was already an upgraded category. Jesus christ.
Fortunatly we got a new room with sea view, but with the same problem. Towels, safe, sheets etc....
Ok we thought , only 4 nights till we back at home and we wanted to see the island and stay outside of the hotel.
Next day: Breakfast is from 7 till 10 o´clock . WTF I thought. Till 10 o´clock?? We were on holiday...
So we decided to breakfast outside after 10 o´clock. Next day we tried it and it was the badest breakfast I have ever got served in a hotel.
Typical english breakfast, I like it, but this was a joke. The scrumbeld eggs were almost white because they used a lot milk or cream to extend it. disgusting. The coffee mashine was constantly overcrowded. The waitresses were unfriendly. etc...
We wanted go swimming in the sea. We saw a wonderful beach on the pictures.
At first we had to climb a big rock to reach the water. Everywhere were seaweed. We decided to go to the neighbor hotels beach. This was a really little bay, but we had the chance not to broke our legs on a stone.
In the evenings is no big possibility to have fun or go out in Paphos, so we dicided to stay and join the eveneing program of the hotel. It was Ok and typical for a resort which is specialized for mass tourism.
Mini Disco, Bingo, and nice shows of a various of Bands and Dancers etc...
My wife and I do not drink alcohol so we ordered non alcoholic drinks but the hillbilly waiters and waitress laughed at us. The only non alcoholic drinks were soft drinks, so there was no big choice.
We do not recommend this hotel, it is a hotel for young people and people without claim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Bookcyprus.com so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village