“best holiday ever”

Kefalos Beach Tourist Village
Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed June 20, 2013

just returned from spending 2 weeks at the kefalos with my two daughters,son-in-laws and 3 grandchildren,and I can honestly say that all 3 generations enjoyed the holiday equally,and were well catered for,normally we are all ready to go home after 2 weeks,but we all agreed this time we could have stayed another week,our welcome on arriving,till going home,was such a wonderful experience,we will all certainly be returning,in the near future,Geoff is a legend,the entertainment team are brilliant,all maids and maintainance staff work so hard to keep the complex and rooms immaculate at all the restaurant staff,are all helpful,and very efficient,our small granddaughter,loved one of the waitresses Amelia,and was so upset when she had to say goodbye to her,on our last day,please visit the kefalos ,you'll not regret itMrs s stark

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,072)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

An amazing holiday complex with friendly staff and good clean amenities for everyone to enjoy.We had the pleasure of having our wedding at the Kefalos and this too was a special day with just brilliant memories for everyone to take home.If you want a relaxing,peaceful,or maybe a little bit of fun you will be sure to get it at the kefalos beach.Ellena and her team work amazingly hard to make everyone feel welcome and we would not hesitate in going back we all enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the second time visiting Kefalos, the first was three years ago when we got married. We returned for our wedding anniversary and have to say it was just as special as the last time. Elena greeted us in reception as soon as we arrived with a huge hug and kindly had arranged for us to have the same room as last time. On our wedding anniversary Elena left some champagne and fruit in our room which was a lovely touch. We were pleased to see that Rico was still in charge of the entertainment and that he was still doing a brillant job! All in all a fantastic hotel, in a fantastic location with some fantastic staff! Can't wait to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

WOW WHAT AN AMAZING PLACE
We arrived at the hotel on the 31st may this year and immediately found the staff in reception friendly, polite and professional. We checked in and was taken to our room almost immediately on a golf buggy. The room was immaculate, well presented and extremely clean. The maids came in every day and made the beds, emptied the bins and cleaned the room, to which was a very high standard in my opinion. We loved the food at the Kefalos, particularly the snack/pool bar, where we found the staff, pleasant, friendly and helpful. The entertainment team were fantastic, Rico is a legend! Hope he is there next time we go, with his funny sidekick Bobby (Captain Kefalos). My boys used the kids club and the girls that ran this were so brilliant, they didn't want to come back to us and cried when we left to come home. We got married at the Kefalos also, in one of the gazebo's on the beach and I must say that I wouldn't have done it any other way. The attention to detail was amazing and Elena and Vasilis made us feel special on our very special day, as did all the staff. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place on and will visit again soon.

Room Tip: We had a sea view which was lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed for 1 week. We stayed here because it was close to the hotel where my sister was getting married. We stayed B&B but tried the hotel buffet on the first night for dinner and it was very good.
Snacks from the pool bar also very nice and good value for money 7.50 euros for Burger and Chips with very generous portions. Local pint of beer 3.50 euros, which isn't too bad for a hotel. You can get a beer for 2 euros in some of the bars 5-10min walk away.
Room was clean, spacious and air-con was very good. The pool was great. There isn't really a beach, you can get into the sea via two step ladders, lovely clear water but not sandy. If you want a nice beach, Coral Bay is about 20min taxi / bus ride.
Would definitely stay here again. There were about 15 other wedding guests stay here, they all said they would return too.

Room Tip: Sea view studio that we had was very nice.
1  Thank Lee G
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a great holiday ,apartment clean and comfortable, right on the beach. excellent restaurant. All staff very friendly. Will definitely return.Very safe for children to play, but plenty of quiet places for adults. Lovely walk along the seashore to Paphos, or onto the main street for local buses.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just got back from a stay at the Kefalos and thought I needed to share my experience. We stayed at the Kefalos as our best friends were getting married. In all honesty I really wasn't impressed.

We went to the hotel a couple of days before we checked in as we were already in Cyprus, we just wanted to ask about wifi to see what they had available so that we could still pick up emails. The lady on reception gave us the answer we were looking for but I was surprised at how short she was with us.

The day we checked in, we were told we could check in from 1pm. We arrived about 1.30 and we told we should just take a seat and "Geoff" would come and take us to our room. At 2.10, I went back to reception and asked what was happening as we had been sat for 40 minutes. 10 minutes later, Geoff arrived and took us to our room. He took our bags in and then disappeared. We couldn't figure out what he'd done with the key so were about to go up to reception to ask when we saw it sticking out of the wall near the door. The keyring on the key make the electric work in the room, it would have been great if that could have been explained to us. You are only allowed one key so can't leave your phone on charge or anything whilst you are out as the electric doesn't work. This was a little bit of a pain as we still needed to work whilst over there and were constantly battling to keep phone charge topped up.

The fridge in the room wasn't plugged in when we went in which is fine, so we plugged in all in and set the temperature only to find that there is a tiny switch that needed switching on too which we hadn't realised. Bit of a pain but we found it the next day. it would be great if this had been explained to us or there were some sort of instructions in our room.

Our air con started to smell on the second day. It smelt really strongly of vinegar so we rang maintenance. I have come across this before and usually they come and disinfect it. Maintenance came out and literally sprayed air freshner into it. It was disgusting! Our whole apartment absolutely stunk and we had to open all the doors to air it after he had gone. This was a completely unacceptable way of dealing with the situation.

Next is on to the food. We decided to get breakfast as a flexible add on for four days. I can't remember the name of the chap who mans the breakfast area but my god is he rude. When we wanted to buy the vouchers he marched us up to reception like we were children. Another day we went in and gave our voucher to one of the waitresses. She put it back on the table without us realising and when we were leaving he chased us out of the room wagging his finger at us in front of everyone! Safe to say we didn't eat there again.

Next is on to the pool bar. The food is good here but there is no consistency. One day they will do table service, next day there is no-one around. Now this area was my biggest bug bear of the holiday as there is a member of staff there who is so rude I actually couldn't believe it. She would be in the middle of orders and answer the phone, get orders wrong and generally her whole attitude was terrible. I got to the point that the last day before the holiday I had had enough after she answered the phone twice during my order I had to ask her if she was going to take my order or not. One day we went in and all the staff we arguing and then ended up not speaking to each other meaning our orders were completely wrong. I don't think it's fair to name this particular member of staff on here but i'd be happy to tell the hotel directly. She has a massive lack of customer service skills and clearly hates her job!

I found the room we were staying in very noisy, especially with the cleaning trollies being pushed up and down. There were two days where no-one came into our room so the beds weren't made and the bins weren't emptied (not sure why this happened). Also, I was annoyed on our last day when the maid woke us up at 8.30 in the morning to ask if we had finished in the room - we weren't due to check out until midday. I only mention this as usually our room didn't get cleaned until 3.30/4ish!

Even though I have had a bit of a moan on here there were a few members of staff that I really must mention. Sophie on reception is an absolute delight to deal with, helpful, friendly and couldn't do enough. I borrowed an iron one day which wouldn't work and there were no qualms, she just replaced it. Sophie is a real credit to the business and I hope you value her as a member of your team.

Costas is also an absolute delight, he's funny and really engages with people when they have issues. Another member of your team that you should truely value.

All in all the stay was ok, but I don't think we'll be returning!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple