My partner and I stayed here in mid April 2013 for one week on a B&B basis and found it lovely. We arrived around dinner time and didn't have our bearings as this was out first visit to Paphos so decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. At €17 each it is a bit pricey, but it's an all you can eat buffet and the quality of food was better than some restaurants back in England. We ate in the restaurant another two times during our stay and both were as good as the last.
Upon arriving we were greeted and signed in and told we were in the honeymoon suite. Geoff took us to our room in a little golf buggy and helped us in with our luggage and showed us how to use the electrics. The room was basic, very clean and stocked all the utensils, cutlery & crockery which we needed. Our room was cleaned every day, we had clean towels every day and our bed made every day; as I've said before, I've stayed in 5* Accomodation who aren't and clean and tidy as Kefalos!
The breakfast was, again, buffet style but offered varied foods from bacon, eggs (scrambled, boiled, poached - with runny yolks!), fruit, cereals, meats, cheese, yogurts and crepes. Along with as much juices, tea and coffees as you want.
The hotel was in a good place for us; just off Kings Road, a good half an hour walk into Paphos Harbour and a good half an hour walk into the Old Town. The latter are lovely walks, or the bus service is very, very regular and extremely cheap (€1 for the day).
My openly critique would be that it's fairly expensive, but I expected it as Cyprus has alway been one of the more expensive holiday destinations. The beach isn't brilliant, but there was plenty of space around the pool; the sea isn't very safe as there are nasty rip tides - basically if you want a beach holiday, go to another resort in Cyprus; if you're happy with a pool you're laughing. Also, I read in other reviews on here (I'm a pessimist, I always read the negative reviews first) that the staff are rude, I don't think they are - they weren't jumping at anyone to be overly helpful, but they were doing their jobs.
My only other critique wouldn't be on the hotel but at the time we came; it was averaging 20 degrees and there was quite a strong cool wind too. If we were to return (which would be a definite at this hotel!) then we'd return in May/June.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village