“THE BEST HOLIDAY!!”

Kefalos Beach Tourist Village
Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Literally had the most amazing time on this holiday. When we got the hotel at about 2pm we checked in and then Jeff took us literally less than 30 seconds on his golf cart to our apartment so we didn't have to carry our bags. Our apartment was up a flight of stairs and Jeff (even though he's elderly) offered to carry out bags. When we got into our room we had swans made out of towels on each bed. Me and my family went half board and we were surprised to find a kitchenette in our room with a microwave, kettle, toaster, mini oven, cutlery and plates and all the other essentials for cooking. As an 18 year old I had my laptop with me and wanted to stay in contact with friends at home. To get free wifi we had to sit in the lobby which is very large and has comfortable sofas. I barely ended up using my laptop in the end because I made some fantastic friends out there who were similar to my age. The entertainment in the pool side bar is suitable for all ages. For the older people they have bingo in the early evening then after that they'll either have Karaoke (which I was made to do by the entertainer Bobby), Fire Breathing, Cypriate night there was even a Michael Jackson Tribute. The entertainers are lovely they'll always say hello and always encourage you in whatever you partake in. To make the most of cheap drinks make sure you are at the bars in time for happy hour! In the lobby bar it's between 8:30 and 9:30 and in the pool side bar its 10:30- 11:30. Those that like the clubbing scene, there is a night club literally about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I didn't go but I heard from those that went it was a wicked night. Going back to the rooms the showers are amazing!! They are so powerful and the bathroom we had was large as well. The views from the swimming pool are phenomenal especially when the sun sets. If you like relaxing like myself then there are always sun loungers available. The poolside bar is open throughout the day so you can get some cocktails or whatever and they'll often play music poolside. They also do games for the kids in the pool. Activities such as football is on a few times a week. At the front of the hotel there is a ping pong table, pool table, which are very entertaining. You can take a walk a long the coast to get to Paphos Harbour which is worth seeing. The boat cruises from Paphos Harbour wasn't brilliant.... the best thing about it was the unlimited drinks you could get including alcohol, I may not have enjoyed it though because I felt sea sick haha.
I could not fault the hotel itself at all. It is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at, everything is so clean and the atmosphere is amazing, I felt safe walking around the hotel complex at night. The food in the restaurant is brilliant. You've got the choice of either a fry up, yoghurt and fruit or a continental breakfast, I had the fry up every day which definitely added a few pounds whilst away haha. There is a theme night every day for the evening meals some of which I didn't like, but thats just me being picky. There is so much variety in food.
I WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING BACK!!!

There are newer reviews for Kefalos Beach Tourist Village

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. We booked half board and were very pleased with both the accommodation and the food. The rooms are clean and in good repair however they could do with some modernisation. The TV in the room was old and reception was poor. There was only one english channel which was National Geographic.

Food was plentiful and varied with different theme nights. Entertainment was provided each night although this started late 2130hrs. (Not late i hear you say, but it is after a full day out and about :) )

Excellent location and plenty of facilities, large well equipped gym, sauna (we never saw this working) and an indoor heated pool to compliment the outdoor pool.

Onsite entertainment team who were friendly and helpful

Although the hotel was busy it was still quiet around the apartments.

We will be revisiting on our next trip to Cyprus

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This holiday destination is lovely. A maze of two story blocks set near the beach, good size accommodation, clean and well stocked, we had a room overlooking the beach - great view. Staff are really friendly and helpful, especially Geoff who took us to the pool bar to meet friends the night we arrived. Pool and surrounding area always clean and you can sign a beach towel out for the day free of charge. The pool bar hosts the day and evening entertainment for children and adults whilst the reception area (where you get free wifi) and bar is quiet and elegant. There is a shop on site + table tennis and pool tables.
Stayed 1 - 7 April so early in the season and not a lot nearby open on Tomb of the Kings Road but a bus trip from there to the harbour and there were shops and bars and you can get another bus back up to the indoor market and shops. Buy a 3euro ticket and you can hop on and off buses all day rather than pay 1euro each trip. Took a taxi on a cloudy day to the Intercity bus and went to Larnaca, 5euro fare for an hour each way trip so good value.
Really is a lovely spot, you don't have to leave the holiday village at all to have a good time.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view it is worth it and if you need wifi in your room (extra charge) let them know b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Liz W
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a friendly, well run and clean place it is. The Kefalos team were so helpful and cheerful it made our holiday. From Sophie in Reception who happily answered all my questions, Geoff the buggy driver who always acknowledged us cheerfully, Ntino who would greet us in the restaurant. Not forgetting the entertainment team Ricco and Bobby who tried to cater for everybody. Ricco demonstrated his talents as a fire-eater as well as providing Bingo, presenting karaoke and playing a good selection of music. Bobby made sure both teenagers and children alike were kept amused. He set up football teams, table tennis teams and encouraged, chatted and befriended everyone young and old. Our boys are 21 and 18 and they loved the place and the people. I was reluctant to go to the entertainment evenings but as there was only National Geographic or BBC World News on the TV in English I succumbed and was pleasantly surprised at what they laid on. The Cypriot Night was very good and the dancers and Michael Jackson Tribute night kept us entertained. The apartments were far better than expected. I booked one room for 4 adults, inland view, to keep the cost down. What I got was an apartment with a separate bedroom, 2 sets of doors onto a bright balcony and a kitchenette with microwave small oven and enough gadgets to get by, especially as we were half board. The food was plentiful and varied. At breakfast the choice was continental, cereal, toast, cooked breakfast or the healthy option of fresh fruit and yogurt. At dinner there was a different theme every evening from Oriental, Mediterranean, Greek to a carvery. The salad bar had a magnificent range of salads which changed daily.The Kefalos has a great outdoor pool and plenty of sunbeds both around the pool and on a grassy area next to the beach. It was about half an hour walk to Paphos Harbour and the mosaics and about 15 minutes to the Tombs of the Kings which were very cheap to visit (3.4 euros and 1.7 euros). The local buses only cost 3 euros for a day ticket and bus timetables are in Greek and English so easy to follow. There are plenty of British people employed and living in Cyprus to help out if lost and the Cypriots nearly all speak English which puts us to shame. Next time we visit Cyprus we may well hire a car as they drive on the same side of the road as in England and the road signs are in English as well as Greek. To summarise, if I can, the Kefalos is by far the best place I have stayed in and I would highly recommend it to all my family and friends. It caters well for families with young children but also appeals to teenagers and young adults. Well done and thank you to all the staff who made it a great holiday.

Room Tip: A room away from the pool is likely to be quieter as the pool area is where the entertainment takes...
3  Thank lynda2092016
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went stayed at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village in late March/early April 2013. The weather apparently was low 20s but felt like 25 degrees during the day but cooled down in the evening. I would recommend talking a lightweight coat, wrap or fleece. Stayed for 10 nights - visited the Tomb of the Kings (almost next door), the Kato Paphos archaelogical park (15-20 mins walk to harbour/Kato Paphos or take the bus for 1 Euro one way or 3 Euros all day), booked quad bikes for a day (9am to 4 or 5pm) and drove on them to Coral Bay (easily accessible by bus as well) and drove up in to the nearby towns in the hills, walked into Paphos Old Town and visited the market one Saturday, chilled by the pool at the hotel, my husband swam in the sea right by the hotel. Public bus stop is nearby but would consider hiring a car next time. We did not use the Kefalos restaurants for any meals except a snack when we arrived. Preferred to buy fresh fish and cook in our self-catering appartment or eat further afield. Great friendly staff, very clean resort, good mix of guests (Dutch, German, British, Eastern European to name a few). Perfect location for office works to shake off the winter blues, get some sun/fresh air and gentle exercise (the beach path provided a lovely excuse for walking, running and cycling). Great cocktails (thanks Valentino!). Resort has its own affordable supermarket for basics/snacks.

Room Tip: Blocks are two-storey. We chose an upper appartment which seemed more private- not as aware of other...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JHALondon_England
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Firstly I thought I would point out that despite the doom and gloom broadcasted by the press there are no issues at all for travellers to Cyprus. I was able to use my credit card in all the usual places and was not once told I could only pay in cash. No issues at ATM's - if you want money there are no long cues [and banks are now open as usual] - so if your worried about the current issues in Cyprus - don't be as there are none for travellers, all shops fully stocked and no panic buying as mentioned in some countries press [not UK]!!!!

Now on to the stay - we have been to Kefalos a few times now and every time we have been made so welcome. This is the only hotel I have stayed in where the management team are always around and never too busy to stop for a chat. Every Friday the management team actually serve you a complementary drink around the pool bar [with a few nibbles] - free drink and sun what more could you ask for.

We were lucky enough to have a sea view room and if you have the opportunity it is a must. Maids are in every day and changes of towels and the usual tidy around. We always stay half board and must say we have never had a bad meal. Son can be a bit fussy sometimes and chefs are always around and if you ask them they are always happy to do a plate of chips and a few nuggets if there is nothing they like [there is also a kids corner that should cover most kids needs]. Makes it so much easier then either cooking in or spending ages trying to find somewhere to eat and restaurant staff very accommodating.

Entertainment team lead by Rico are great and really look after both kids and adults. If you fancy a few activities during the day [French Boules - Archery - Swimming race - Water polo - Football -Table tennis] they will look after you however if you just want to chill around the pool they do not pester. Same team look after you in the evening in the pool bar with some great entertainment [don't miss Rico's fire show on Saturday night]

Pool is great, sea front location is wonderful, food is really good, relaxation areas around the reception great, staff are really friendly managed by a great management team. There is a lobby bar which has 2 happy hour sessions [2.50 euros for a pint and 3.50 for a cocktail]. The bar man in the lobby bar was really friendly [Valentinos] - pool bar also has happy hour so prices at this time prices are in line with local bars just up the road.

If you want to go for a drink up the road we recommend the Jungle bar, really friendly staff here and they have a few birds and animals that keep the kids entertained [for a while!!]

So in summary you will not regret going to Kefalos and you will not regret going to Cyprus as when you get there you will not know what all the fuss in the press was about

Have fun if you go and tell Rico Barry, Gill and Lewis say Hi

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms are great however better if you have 1st floor. Rooms away from pool will be quieter...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank BarryGillLewis
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Kefalos Beach Village is an immaculate first class holiday venue in a wonderful location beside the sea. We had a fabulous week with wonderful food at an excellent price. Our apartment was clean and comfortable with a spacious bathroom and pleasant balcony. Staff were pleasant and helpful and quick to sort out any query. Superb value for money in every respect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple