Stayed in room 730, a sea view 1st floor 1 bed apartment, with our 5 yr old over Half term hols.
The gentleman who took us to our room on the golf buggy said it was the best room in the hotel! Not sure if it was (next door had their own pool), but it was definately one of the best!
The apartment was very well laid out, spacious & very good condition. The kitchenette had a fridge with ice box, 4 ring hob & oven, microwave, kettle & toaster - everything you needed. The bathroom had a tub with shower head, sadly the jacuzzi jets in the bath didn't work. The bedroom has a huge 4 poster bed, which was a nice surprise & the lounge had a double pull out sofa bed & a single. The apartment had UK 3 pin sockets, which is a nice touch. The TV only had Sky Sports (I think) in English, but we hooked up a portable DVD player easily. Apparently the TV remotes are kept at Reception, available with a refundable deposit.
The balcony was small when drying swim stuff on the airer, but the view was outstanding! Its around 100 yards to the sea, with the sunset right in front of you. The apartment was the furthest south of the pool area, so was very quiet, but only a 5 min walk to the pool. Black-out shutters meant we all slept very well. There were also loungers in front of the apartment block.
The public areas were good & spacious, some nice touches for children. The pool area was good, loungers were available but that was due to the time of year. Getting towels was a bit of a bun fight, they run out quickly, but we spotted fresh supplies when we were having breakfast & hung on to the towels all week. The pool was well laid out with a little shallow kids pool, but the water was icy cold, the sea was warmer! We enjoyed a couple of games of crazy golf & the little play area was good, though the black rubber swing seats were hot! The hotel shop was reasonable value & good for supplies, but they didn't seem to restock in the week we were there.
The beach is narrow & pebbly, but there are several jetties to swim from & small pockets of sand for castle building. The sea was rocky in places. There was a small smooth sandy beach at the northern edge of the Village, but it had brown sand, so didn't look too attractive. The loungers belonged to the next hotel, but you could swim there.
We ate at the snack bar rather than the restaurant & found the food tasty & good value. The breakfasts were good, a variety of choice (cheese & ham, cereals, fruits, yougurts, sausages, bacon, eggs, beans, potatoes, bread) with pancakes on some days. The staff were friendly & relaxed, we were usually the last in there!
Our 5 yr old enjoyed the evening entertainment (kids disco, quiz, bingo & show), while we enjoyed trying the cocktails!
Even though the hotel is north of Paphos, there are shops, bars & restaurants on the main road (10 mins walk), with McDonalds & KFC. We used the excellent bus service 615 to get around (every 15 mins, 1 euro per journey or 3 euros for a day pass, kids free, clean modern bus, friendly drivers). It was 10 mins to Paphos & 20-30 mins to Coral Bay.
We went to Correlanus Beach (just north of Coral Bay, recommended to us by the Rep as better than Coral Bay). Stay on the bus until it turns around after Coral Bay. It was a lovely sandy beach with a free toilet & shower & loungers to rent.
Overall, an excellent hotel & we would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village