Lovely resort - would definitely recommend staying at the Kefalos. Great pool, apartments and facilities. Was pleasantly surprised that most of the facilities didn't incur any extra charge: tennis court, table tennis, aquafit, archery etc.
The private beach is brilliant and we never had any problem getting a sunbed. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the fish deck restaurant was lovely and actually quite reasonable price-wise, compared with some other restaurants in the area. The pool snack bar was good and reasonably priced, but not the food wasn't at a high standard.
Our apartment was great and had a lovely view of the sea. We had originally paid extra to guarantee a room with a sea view and the room we were first given actually faced the pool and not the sea, but the manager was very helpful and moved us within a few days.
The entertainment is a tad cheesy and not really my taste, but you can easily partake or avoid it, depending on your preference.
Plenty restaurants very close by and there's a good range of types of food and prices. Would recommend Dias Zeus for good Cypriot food, Metaxas for good Cypriot/Italian food (pretty expensive though) and Jackie Ma's for good Chinese.
Paphos harbour is a pleasant 30 min walk away, along a path following the coastline. Would recommend visiting the archeological site there and the Tombs of the Kings, which is only a 15 min walk away. Would also suggest people visit Coral Bay using the cheap buses (2 Euros for an all-day pass) - it's got gorgeous beaches and great for swimming although is VERY busy and overcrowded with people and sunbeds.
We went on a couple of day trips with our tour provider (Thomson): one was called Simply Cyprus which was an all-day trip, taking in a few pretty villages in the Troodos mountains and an archeological site (Kouros?) and the other was a boat trip starting from Latchi which moored up at a stunning lagoon where you could swim and snorkel and then have a BBQ back on the boat. Both trips were excellent and I would highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village