Venus Beach Hotel
$273
Almyra Hotel(Paphos)
$300
$245
Roman Boutique Hotel(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Breakfast included
$116
$102
  • Pool
$261
$253
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
$95
$104
$227
$193
Priceline
All reviewscoral baysea viewthe hotel is cleanbed and breakfasta lovely holidayaqua aerobicslunch timeplenty of sunbedsplenty of choicebus stopwaiter servicekingstombparasolsmaidsporterkaraoke
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have just returned after a two week stay at the Venus Beach Hotel. I had originally booked into another Hotel but on arrival and due to overbooking I was re-allocated this Hotel on bed and breakfast basis.
The hotel is situated on the busy 'Tomb of the Kings Rd' and unfortunately after being initially impressed with the entrance reception area I was allocated a 5th floor room overlooking the road and the Lidl supermarket which is opposite The rooms on the 5th floor (road facing) are recessed back from the floors below so the room had a particulary crammed feel to it with twin beds pushed together/ one plug socket (not adjacent to the mirror)/the doors on the wardrobe had come off their runners so had to be pushed rather than slid/ a small balcony with 2 white plastic chairs and a small white plastic table. There was a mini bar but you could not use the fridge for your own water/juice without a one euro per item per day charge being applied. The bathroom again was tight on space and very basic with a stained bath (possibly down to old age rather than insufficient cleaning) , cheap plastic broken toilet seat and no ventilation.
After the first week we moved to a pool and sea view room. The bathroom was the same/the balcony smaller but the bedroom itself was much more roomy and decorated far more tastefully.

On the plus side the Hotel left instructions in the room that towels would be changed whenever you left them on the bathroom floor and the bed changed whenever you left a 'bed changed' card on the bed - this meant you, as the guest chose when and how often you wished this to be done.

The breakfast was served over a generous period of time from 7 - 10am . It was all buffet style and covered tea/coffee and juices (go for the grapefruit as the orange juice is very watery) numerous types of bread/cold meats and cheese/yogurt /fruit/porridge plus boiled,scrambled and fried eggs/bacon/sausage etc. The fact the hot food is buffet style means that sometimes the 'hot' food was in fact 'warm'. Sometimes at peak moments ie 9am there were limited tables available due to the number that were still waiting to be cleared after the previous occupant.

The Hotel has a large pool incorporating a jacuzzi area. Half the pool area is too deep to touch the bottom but is great for swimming.HOWEVER there is a separate kids pool for young ones. The overflow grill around the pool was broken in parts and supposed to be white but a clean was badly overdue as it was full of black mold. There is music played around the pool daily so if you want peace head for the beds towards the beach area of the Hotel (sadly this is red flag beach with two very large warning boards advising not to swim and advising how to avoid the rip currents ) The beach however is breezy on a hot day.
There are standard aluminium framed sun beds around the pool and white plastic sun beds with plastic padded covers closer towards the beach. Umbrella's were plentiful but possibly due to the sea breezes about a third of those closer to the beach were broken. Unfortunately the plastic beds are old, many broken and could do with a clean. The matress' also were sometimes split and some taped together. These are a standard type of sun bed I have found in many hotels of lower star rating but in many years of holidaying abroad I have not found ones in such bad condition.

There were some plus point however eg free towels are offered for use around the pool and in addition the Hotel is within a few minutes walk of the bus stop (no 615 bus runs regularly from Paphos town to Coral Bay and only costs one euro no matter how far you go ) plus there are many bars and restaurants close by.

The Hotel appeared to have maybe been much better in the past but it certainly is 'tired' and in need of some work particularly to the pool and garden area's. The Elysium Hotel is nearby and is also rated a 5 star Hotel (and deservedly so) , in comparison the Venus Beach is more deserving of a 3 star rating at best. It does have a fabulously equipped gym / indoor pool plus a hairdresser which possibly adds weight to those who award the star rating. I would however like the basics for a guest to be improved rather than me being able to have my hair cut while staying there.

Overall a disappointing stay.

Room Tip: If possible dont request 5th floor if booking non sea view as my experience is the rooms are smaller due to hotel design. Road is busy pretty much all the time so if you can afford book the best sea view you can to get a peaceful night. Don't bother booking full board unless you like staying in the one place for every meal as there are numerous restaurants within walking distance (Italian/Cypriot/Chinese etc)
6  Thank chrisward001
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had a two night stay and were hopeful as we pulled into the car park.
On the web it was shown as 4* as we pulled up the sign showed 5* but I would say it's more of a 3* even for Cyprus and I know that there are better hotels out here.
The air con was feeble, the room was too warm and stuffy and there was zero ventilation in the en-suite.
First night there they had live 'entertainment' but it was so dire (one guy and a keyboard playing The Birdy Song) that we left. The second nights entertainment was much better, in fact we stayed the whole night.
The pool is far too deep for families as even the shallowest point was above my waist and around half of the pool is over two meters deep (great for adults but not suitable for kids at all however we didn't have the kids with us so we weren't too fussed about that). Do be careful walking around the edge of the pool when there are splashes of water around as it becomes a skid pan and very difficult to stay on your feet even with footwear on.
This hotel has so much potential but unfortunately they don't seem willing to spend the cash on it. The best part of the hotel are their staff who, with the exception of one waitress, were all top notch.
All in all I wouldn't want to stay there again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week and our first impression was a good one. It's a impressive hotel to look at and as you walk into the lobby you get the impression of a high quality hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and the hotel itself was extremely clean. The rooms were done every day to a very high standard and you had the feeling you were just arriving each time you returned your room they were so well done. We opted for a garden view and to be honest the garden wasn't anything to shout about but we also had a side view of the sea which was better than we expected. The room was well equiped although the air conditioning could have been a little more powerful for us, it served the purpose. We opted for bed and breakfast and I think generally this was the right choice. The breakfast was very good with lots of choice and we didn't bother eating again until the evening then. The hotel is really well situationed. I was a bit concerned we would be out of the main town of Paphos but I needn't have worried. There is a great bus service that stops right outside the hotel and cost just 1 euro to get into the town and there are also some great bars and restuarants just over the road so there is plenty of choice. The drinks in the hotel were more expensive than drinking out as I guess they are more geared up to the people being all inclusive but it wasn't a problem for us to drink out and there is a Lidl over the road as well for water and soft drinks if you want to do that. Overall it was a lovely hotel that we would use again, just a couple of little niggles are the fact that they don't let you put your own drinks in the mini bar without charging you 1 euro per item per night and you can only have the air conditioning on when you are in the room but they are really small things given the overall experience. Pool and pool area are clean, spacious and lots of sun beds plus the option to go on the beach at the bottom of the hotel so all in all it was a great week away at this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are actually street level so they are good to have if possible and the garden view room we had also had a sea view - room 227
1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked a weekend at the Venus hotel for me and my partner for her 40th birthday, upon are arrival everything seemed wonderful at first and since it was just for the weekend we headed straight out to see some sights... when we returned to are room it really started to sink in that we wasn't getting what we paid for. i had paid over £1200 for this all inclusive weekend and requested a high floor with a twin double room and a double balcony with sea view.

what we got was a double room, a side sea view that you could only really see if you leaned over the balcony and we was on the forth floor. no air con, no extractor in the bathroom and the food was budget food and tasteless, we spoke to a number of guests who said they don't like the food and only stay BB now...
i complained and was told they wont move us to the requested room. we ended up eating out and staying away from the hotel until it was time to sleep. i feel like i was robbed not only of my money but of the special weekend this was meant to be. i still made it the best birthday ever for her and that's what i was trying to do but the hotel seriously let me down... how anybody can rate this hotel as 5* is beyond us. i wont stay at Venus again unless they was to invite Wendy and i back at there expense to make things right and i would like them to stop cutting costs and make the hotel proud again as it used to be and that comes from the locals.

Room Tip: if you want to get a good room. book with the hotel directly... i was told that if i had phoned then i may have got the room i wanted. side sea view rooms are rubbish. next to a main road and with no aircon you have to have the window open and have to put up with the noise.
1  Thank RussWendy
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great staff just a shame that the hotel lets them down.
Had a two night stay and was hopeful as we pulled into the car park. On the web it was shown as 4* as we pulled up the sign showed 5* but I would say it's more of a 3* even for Cyprus and at over €450 for 2 night all inclusive I know that there are better hotels out there.
The lack of amenities in the room let it down (two glasses for water but no drinking water within the room) as did falling between the twin beds that had been pushed together to form a double. The charges to have a key for the mini bar and to use the fridge put us off even bothering. The air con was feeble and the room was still to warm and stuffy. There are 3 lift areas but within the first few hours or being there 2 of them broke down.
First night there they had live entertainment but it was so dire ( one guy and a key board playing the birdy song) that we left. We were staying for my birthday treat and, as soon as the staff found out it was my birthday on our second night, I was given a bottle of champers which was great and the entertainer (much better than the first one) sang happy birthday to me at the request of the staff.
The pool is far too deep for families as even the shallowest point was above my waist and over half the pool is over two meters deep (great for adults but not suitable for kids at all but we didn't have the kids with us so we weren't too fussed about that) be careful walking around the edge of the pool when there are splashes of water around as it becomes a skid pan and very difficult to stay on your feet even with footwear on.
The hairdresser on site is lovely and very reasonable with her prices but not open on Wednesdays so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: go for rooms over looking the tomb of the kings as you also get a great sea view aqnd they're €70 per night cheaper.
3  Thank Sarah R