“Lovely hotel”

The King Jason Paphos
Ranked #1 of 84 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed b&b in one of the new luxury apartments for 2 weeks in May and had a wonderful time. The hotel is about a 10 min ealk from the bars and restaurants on the harbour, but if you want to self cater its difficult to get fresh meat or fish, you would need to hire a car to get to one of the supermarkets. There are plenty of small shops near by as well as a bakery, so all other supplies are easy to get. The pool area, loungers and double sunbeds are great, very clean and comfortable and the hydro pool is great. The only thing that might disturb your stay at this lovely hotel is the dual carriageway that is very close, there are a lot of 'boy racers' in the evenings and early hours of the morning that can disturb your sleep, and the big church nearby rang its bells at about 6.30am nearly every morning so a lie in goes out of the window! But the weather and the hotel are so good it makes up for those minor problems that they can't change. As every one else has said, the staff are all great, helpful, attentive and friendly. We had a lovely 2 weeks.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Smilingxena
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at The King Jason Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about the King Jason with the online community.

We are glad that our apartments suited you and you found them well equipped for self-catering; moreover it is a pleasure that our staff lived up to all the wonderful words said about them. We rarely receive complaints about the noise from the church, nevertheless we are sorry that this had an unpleasant effect on your holiday. We have in fact spoken to the priests who work there and they have assured us that mass only occurs on Sundays.

It is heart-warming that our hotel made up for some minor problems with its unique hospitality, and you had a lovely break at the King Jason. We hope to see you again at our oasis of relaxation.

Best regards,

The Management.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,285)

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Had such a good stay! Food and staff were brilliant! Such a great choice of all different food every day for breakfast and dinner, genuinely had such an amazing time and would go back this year! The manager and waiters were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank LauraHerrin
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at The King Jason Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear guest,

A big thank you for your decision to holiday at the King Jason.

We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel, and left with only positive memories of our attentive and helpful staff and our rich selection of food.

Best regards from all at the King Jason,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have just returned from a fabulous week at the King Jason. the hydro pools are amazing and so relaxing , beautiful double bed loungers and plenty of sunbeds,lovely staff always willing to help make your holiday. Everyone mentions the manager Andreas....ITS ALL TRUE, he speaks to every guest and is so friendly, Maria on reception was really helpful too. the rooms are very clean , the new apartments are so beautiful ,will definitely book those next time. cant fault this hotel in any way at all . would recommend this to any one who wants to visit Paphos .

Room Tip: pay the extra and book any room in the new block
4  Thank Trace113

Dear guest,

We want to thank you for your several lines about a holiday at the King Jason.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our hydro pool, and liked our apartments, and it is a joy that our staff lived up to all the positive comments you had read about them.

We look forward to seeing you at the King Jason very soon.

Yours truly,

The Management

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have just returned from a week at the King Jason and had a great time. We were on an all inclusive deal which was great value for money. The food and drink options were really good with varied main course choices across the week.
My favourite part of the hotel was the hydro contact pool - very chilled and relaxed atmosphere - just what we were looking for!
The rooms were nice and clean, fully equipped kitchen (not that we needed it!), lovely sunset facing balcony and a brand new bathroom. For the nights in there was a TV with DVD player.
The staff were very attentive and helpful which definitely gave the hotel a friendly and welcoming atmosphere - even remembering your favourite drink by the end of the week!
I haven't given the hotel a 5 star as I was a little disapointed by the early dinner times (6.30 - 8pm) especially as a young couple if no plans for after dinner out of the hotel the evenings were very quiet and often over early - although I cannot fault the lounge areas as they were very comfortable and the bar service extremely responsive.
We had a great experience at the King Jason and would recommend it to anyone planning a Paphos / Cyprus trip! I think it will be difficult for another hotel to match the service and pool area!!
One final note - rom 82 has a great balcony - after you finish in the pool grab a drink and head up to the balcony for a pre dinner drink and sunset :)

1  Thank Heather A
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at The King Jason Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear guest,

Let us thank you for your touching review following a stay at the King Jason.

We are delighted that our All Inclusive package was a great value for money, and you found our selection of food and drinks varied and tasty; moreover it is heart-warming to read that you really enjoyed our hydro pool. It is a joy that you found our apartments very nice, clean and well equipped, and also that you note our unique welcoming atmosphere, which is created by our attentive and friendly staff. We regret to hear that our early dinner hours, had an impact on your overall appreciation of the holiday, however we are happy that despite this you had a wonderful stay at the King Jason.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you again to our property.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Myself and my family have been coming to the King Jason for more than 20 years, so from that you will quickly glean that we are BIG fans! However, we couldnt get there last year, and so having just spent the half term week there (May 2013), it had been more than two years since our last visit...so I wandered if things would be to the same high standard? I have to say, that they were not! How on earth you make the BEST even BETTER, I do not quite understand, but the KJ has done it yet again and improved...by at least another 30-40%...and it was brillian before! There are hundreds of reviews here that spell out all the great arrtibutes of this amazing holiday destination, so I will not overly repeat the praise again. But i simply MUST say, that Andreaous, Maria, Maria (restaurant) and Dometru, along with every single member of staff, are simply the best at making people like us SO welcome, and to feel so wanted...and all in such a relaxed and easy way, that belies the huge ammount of work and effort that goes in to making it all "work" like clockwork. If you have ANY doubts about booking a holiday at the KJ...my advice will always be..Dont Hesitate! Go to this place and sample Cypriot hospitality at its VERY best!
May I however, on behalf of all the restaurants, bars and shops in Paphos, PLEASE ask that you go out into the town and spend your money with these great people, EVEN IF you are contemplating going "all inclusive"! These are the people who make Paphos what it is, and they NEED OUR HELP, as the current difficult economy,added to the rise and rise of "All inclusive" holidays, are putting many of these great people out of business...and once they are gone....Paphos would never be the same again. You can get great value for money, and learna bout the "real" Cyprus from venturing out into the towns and villages to eat and drink, so PLEASE, PLEASE help the local economy, as well as spending time (and money) with the hotel operators! Have a great time at the KJ....I KNOW you will!!
PS. If you can book into one of the brand new "Studio Suites"...I would highly recomend that you do! Total Luxury!

Room Tip: The new studio suites are just open this year. Some have baths and double beds, others have showers...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Robert K

Dear guest,

We must thank you for being loyal to the King Jason and for writing such a wonderful review (it brings us close to tears!).

We are thrilled to hear your compliments about our hotel and it continuous changes, which make it only better year after year; moreover we appreciate your admiration about our amazing King Jason team, who work efficiently together to ensure your holiday being relaxing and memorable.

We hope it was not your last visit to our hotel, and rest assured we are looking into even more ways of upgrading our service in the very near future.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the fantastic reviews of the King Jason how could we not take notice and we booked a weeks stay from 24-31st May (half term) with our two boys 10 and 14.
Immediately on arrival at gone 11pm we were met with welcome drinks and shown to the room where sandwiches has been left in the fridge.
The rooms are spacious with a separate bedroom and then lounge for kids where two single sofas made great single beds and also a kitchen area. The decor is basic but who lives in their room in holiday?
The food was buffet style and of a high standard with great choice and different themes each evening. If kids didnt like it they would cook an alternative, nothing was too much trouble. We were half board but I think if we go back would look at all inclusive as it was so good.
The pools are fantastic with a large main pool and more than enough sunbeds even in busy half term but the nicest bit was the hydro pool with jets etc.
And last but not least the staff. Andreas was the best manager I have ever met always accommodating, always friendly, efficient and remembered every little special touch. Maria was also extremely professional but always stopping to chat to us. All the waiting staff, bar staff and reception were also extremely helpful, friendly and polite.
I can't recommend this hotel enough and we've been to some much more expensive ones. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Pizz44

Dear guest,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the King Jason.

We are proud of your claims that our hotel lived up to its #1 status on TripAdvisor; moreover we are glad that you found our apartments spacious and very comfortable for families with children. It is a delight that our varied buffet did not leave you indifferent, and our chefs did their best to satisfy the appetites of your children. It is nice of you to note our modern and comfortable pool area and our helpful, friendly and attentive staff.

We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you again to the King Jason.

Yours truly,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

have never read so many positive reviews when looking to book a hotel but having read the positive reviews about the king Jason I had to book this hotel and all I can say is it did not disappoint!!!!!

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday at the King Jason with my boyfriend and it was absolutely fantastic. I have never stayed at a hotel that I could not fault!!! Everything from the service of staff, standard of accommodation and quality of the food was 10/10 (I'm quite hard to please too!!)

I knew it would not disappoint from the moment I got in the taxi!!! The taxi driver taking us to the hotel from the airport, said that he often takes/picks people up from the king Jason and he had never once heard a negative comment about the hotel.

When we arrived at about 10 pm we were greeted at Reception and offered a welcome drink and then we were shown to our room and bags carried for us. We had missed dinner and so they had left a plate of sandwiches in the fridge for us.

The room we had book was a standard apartment and this was amazing. We were placed in the new block, which had just been built, as they had made renovations and extended the hotel earlier this year. It was spacious with super king bed, a small kitchen area with coffee maker hob and microwave, fridge and crockery etc. It was decorated very tastefully and the towels etc were changed everyday. Also beach towels were provided in the room. The room was 10/10.

We were half board and I wish now I had gone all inclusive for the additional 100 euros PP as the food and service was amazing 10/10. I am quite fussy with my food and normally like to go self catering when on holiday as I like to try local cuisine, wines and do not normally like the food at all inclusive's as it is very geared towards English tourists i.e. burgers, chips, etc., however there was definitely something for everyone here. Each night there was a different theme i.e. Mon- Cyprus Tue- international, wed- Italian, Thu- far east Fri- carvery etc. There was a fresh salad bar every night and the desserts were lovely with lots of fresh fruit also. It was a buffet self service style, however the staff would ensure you always had a drink and were happy with everything. The staff were extremely attentive and friendly and made you feel very welcome.

The breakfast was from 8-10.30, lunch 12.30-2.00 and dinner 6.30-8.

The restaurant area was the best I have experienced, with 3 styles of seating. Two indoor areas, one being more fine dining with round tables, decorated to suit with carver style chairs and dim lighting. The other being more modern café style area, and the third area was outside on the terrace overlooking the pool area. We always managed to get sat outside even when it was very busy as the staff would do everything they could to accommodate our preference to sit outside. Again food 10/10.

The pool area was also very nice and tasteful with plenty of sun loungers and very spacious. There were 2 main pools, one being where families tended to sit as the children's little pool was attached to it, and then just round the corner from this pool was a hydro pool which had a Jacuzzi and water features. Adults and couples tended to sit around here. There was also areas of decking set back from the pools with sun loungers and beds on, where mainly adults and couples would sit. As a young couple looking for a relaxing quiet holiday, this was really nice as although it was half term when we stayed and there were some children at the hotel it did not affect us at all.

There was also an indoor pool, sauna and steam room. We didn't use these as the weather was so hot.

I did however use the indoor gym a few times and it was the best equipped gym I have seen or used abroad, with a variety of weight machines, treadmill, bike and rower.

The hotel is not on the front of Paphos, so no sea views but this made no difference to us. It was about 15 minute walk down to the front where all the bars, restaurants are and approx 20-25 minute walk to the harbour. We walked down the front most days and found it very easy walk.

As a couple both 27, we were looking for a hotel that had good food, good standard of accommodation and somewhere fairly relaxing and quiet. It does not have any cheap and cheerful entertainment like some hotels have which I am glad of as I really don't like this and I think makes a hotel seem cheap and a little tacky!!However there is an area with a pool table and table tennis table if kids want to play etc. As we were not all inclusive we had to pay for drinks so tended to walk down into paphos centre or harbour after dinner for a few drinks.
However if we were all inclusive we may have spent some evenings at the hotel as they have a really tasteful seating area with comfy sofas etc. that is perfect for a few quiet drinks after dinner or I would have taken some drinks back to the room as the balcony was really spacious and nice.

Overall I can not fault the King Jason, everything was 10/10 and I would definitely recommend.

I really like Cyprus and Paphos but as its in the Euro now it can be expensive if your eating out 3 times a day and like a few drinks, so the King Jason is fantastic value for money, as the quality and amount of food on offer is worth much more than you actually pay!!!.

I would not necessarily visit Paphos again as I like to visit new countries, areas when I go on holiday, however due to the fantastic experience at this hotel I will definitely be visiting again!!!

Final note- Andreas (Manager) is fantastic and can not do enough to keep his guests satisfied. Fantastic.

10  Thank bex1301

Dear guest,

We want to express our gratitude at your choice of the King Jason for your holiday.

We are thrilled to hear that our hotel lived up to its wonderful comments on the Internet, and you departed satisfied with an amazing holiday spent at our little oasis of relaxation and peace. We are glad that our warm welcome was a great start to your holiday, and from the first moment you were impressed with our hospitality and our attentive service; moreover we are proud of our staff who made your stay memorable. It is a delight that our varied buffet satisfied such a fussy eater like you, and you were amazed with the selection and quality of dishes. It is nice of you to note our modern design of the dining area, and our various indoor and outdoor facilities, that you had a chance to enjoy.

It fills us with joy that as an exception you will revisit the King Jason, and it will be an honor for us to welcome you again to our hotel.

Faithfully yours,