We stayed at the Pioneer Beach Hotel from the 29th of August '07 to the 8th of September '07 and had an amazing time!!!
We were on honeymoon and having read some of the reviews before we went, we were slightly apprehensive about going. This however was totally unneccessary as it is a fabulous hotel!
On arrival we were greeted by friendly reception staff, who offered a quick and efficient check-in. Our bags were brought to our room by a porter which was lovely! We had a double room with a sea view on the third floor which was immaculate. Room size was great and the complimentary slippers/dressing gowns provided were a nice touch. Air conditioning was great and had different settings. We would set it to high during the day for maximum effect and put it on low overnight for a comfortable sleep. Was a little noisy when on the high setting but was well worth it!! Room was cleaned and hoovered daily which was great, and bedding/towels were changed at our discretion.
The rest of the hotel was also immaculate and the staff were always very friendly towards us. Don't know who the moany staff are that other reviews talk about!!! Personally we couldn't fault them.
The pool was lovely, especially with no children around. However people did tend to reserve beds around the pool area. We never had a problem finding beds however and always got one either around the pool, on the grassy garden area or on the beach.
We stayed Bed and Breakfast and are glad that we did this because there are soooo many places to eat out between the hotel and the harbour. The hotel is in a quieter area however this was not a problem. The harbour is a good 40 mins walk away, but the bus service was perfect for getting there. Only took 5 - 10 mins on he bus and cost between 70 and 80 cents each. Occassionally we got a taxi back at night as the bus stopped at 11pm and this cost around 5 Cypriot Pounds. If walking to the harbour it is more or less on a straight path with bars and restaurants along the way. Breakfast in the hotel was ideal, and provided a great selection.
Being on honeymoon we treated ourselves to a massage in the health spa which was lovely. I paid 25 Cypriot Pounds for a head, neck and shoulder masage (45 mins) and my husband paid around 35 Cypriot Pounds for a full body massage (45 mins). Very relaxing and well worth the money!
We stayed at the Pioneer with Olympic Holidays and went on their trip to Famagusta (the ghost town) which we would recommend. It was amazing to see if you're into stuff like that!
Overall, we had an amazing stay at the Pioneer Beach and would return in a second! Maybe we have lower standards than other reviewers or maybe we are just easy to please!........Who knows, but we definitely disagree with a lot of the bad reviews that have been posted and if you are worried about going here........don't be!
There is just one tiny thing I would suggest to other females or anyone who will want to use a hairdryer when they are there......take your own. The one in our room used to cut out after a while and would take a while to cool down and restart again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus