I have just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel (12th - 26th September), and I can only say that HSquires must have been at a completely different hotel! Sure, the pool bar closes at 7.00pm sometimes (having been open open all day, and had daily happy hours from 15.00 to 17.00!), but on most nights, when there are outdoor events on, it remained open, plus waiter service. There are also two other bars, which have happy hours at different times of the day. I think I know the barmaid referred to, and she was a bit miserable, but,hey, she wanted to close up for the day. The rest of the staff were unfailingly friendly, polite and nothing was too much trouble. They are also efficient and hard working, so let's get things in perspective.
There was entertainment most nights, outside the first week we were there and inside last week. This comprised of a male singer doing covers, Greek dancing, a latin - themed dance troupe, a man/woman duo, a single guitarist and the seemingly inevitable kaoroke (which was a bit incongruous, given the hotel and clientle). Perhaps HSquires was too busy compiling his unduly negative report to notice! Emeraldtrixie's review is far more accurate and fair.
The hotel is a little dated and tired in parts, but spotlessly clean throughout. The clientle are mostly middle-class, middle-aged or elderly couples, and if this is your scene, for a quiet relaxing holiday, then you can't do better.
My only moan would be to echo the views expressed by other reviewers regarding the selfish 'reserving' of sunbeds, I am ashamed to say by the British holidaymakers, who get up at unearthly hours to drape towels over 'their' sunbeds (usually exactly the same one everyday!) and then go into breakfast. I even overheard at breakfast two couples commiserating with each other, as some people who were even sadder had beaten them to 'their' sunbeds! Get a life! The hotel and holiday companies should certainly take action to prevent this annoying practice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus