We have just returned from this Hotel three days ago, having stayed from 1st to 15th June. Overall this is a really good Hotel, the food is absolutely brilliant, with lots of variety - (wish it had not been as I have put on 10lb!!! ) and the variety of drinks is also excellent. Most of the staff are very friendly and efficient, particularly Maheala in the Buffet Restaurant and Katrina in the Christiana Restaurant. However, there are the odd one or two who walk around daydreaming all day/night!! This is very evident in the Marco Polo Bar where we waited on most occasions from 10 to 30mins for someone to come and take our order and then a further wait until we actually received our drinks!! We did complain about this and were told that all the staff were "new, untrained and would be great and super efficient by the end of the season"!!!! In the end we used to go to the bar ourselves and order but you still have to sit down and wait for the waiter to deliver them, but it did prove to be quicker! With regard to the rooms, we had a "superior "room but I think Thomsons need to change their wording in this respect in their brochure/online. The Superior/Delux Rooms themselves are NOT superior or deluxe, they are very standard with nothing superior or deluxe about them. We looked at a standard room and it was exactly the same as the "superior" with the exception of a larger balcony. The reference to Superior/Deluxe by Thomsons is the actual PACKAGE, (which is very good) where you get certain extras than the standard PACKAGE -NOT reference to the actual rooms. Also the difference in price for a Deluxe instead of a Superior is ludicrous as the only thing you get extra is the use of a private Cabana, which I certainly would not have wanted, as you dont get the sun where they are situated until the afternoon! Enough of the bad points - overall this Hotel is excellent, the entertainment we thought was very good, as mentioned the food and drink is superb, the rooms, whilst not superior, were clean and very comfortable and all the amenities were excellent.
The Thomson Reps, Mark and Linda (entertainment) were delightful. Very professional, knowledgable, very helpful and full of fun - just how a Thomson Rep should be!! And to top all that we met some great people - Hello to Pam and Alan, Jason and Lauren and Max and Sally - Thanks for lots of laughs.!!! As a further added bonus and a big plus for this Hotel there are no screaming kids anywhere in sight!!! . We would certainly return to this hotel and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus