My partner and I booked this hotel via expedia after doing lots of research online and seeing other reviews.
The pictures we could find of the hotel interior turned out to be very misleading.
The lift was very rickety, dated and felt quite unsafe!
Equally our bedroom was very tired and old. Shower was run-down and there was very little storage space.
We had booked a front-sea view, and ended up with a view of the sea from round the corner of the hotel - not quite what we had in mind with "front sea-view room".
We attempted to change rooms but we were told that the hotel was fully booked.
At this point we were quite despondent.
Worse was to come: We are both 28 and were easily the youngest there by about 40 years!
Very few young couples about!
Despite this, we tried to keep upbeat and were pleasantly surprised by the exterior of the hotel. The pool and the grounds, including the outdoor restaurants and bars were wonderful, quite beautiful at night. The staff were warm and friendly and the food was very reasonable in price and selection, as well as being delicious
Entertainment was clearly tailored to an older audience, but was not all bad - Tuesday Greek night with traditional dancing was excellent! Karaoke on a Thursday not so much...
Our initial disappointment upon seeing our room was won over by the much better facilities. We reasoned that if we spent our holiday in our room, something was clearly amiss!
As far as somewhere to sleep and keep our things, the room was okay.
I think anyone booking this hotel should go with an open mind. The hotel rooms are desperately in need of some updating, and I would recommend that the younger couples keep in mind that they will be in the minority, but everything else is worth the trip.
If you are looking for a quiet and peaceful get-away then this is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus