Just returned from a week at the Pioneer Beach hotel, after seeing the reviews here. It lived up!
We had booked a superior room, all inclusive, so obviously our review is based on that level of booking.
We had a sea view room, overlooking the pool. The room was a good size, with a couple of comfy armchairs (unusual in a hotel room). The bed - what can I say, like getting into a comfy nest!
choice of ordinary or power shower. (Once us thickys had worked out how to use the power shower - tip DONT switch the normal shower on first!)
As all inclusive we had a fridge in the room, which was full with cold soft drinks, and small bottles of spirits. 2 bottles of wine on arrival. The soft drinks were replaced daily, and water was provided each evening. Kettle and expresso maker.
towels changed twice a day - we could just about keep up! and pool towels changed daily.
One of our favourite games was "try and beat Sergio to the sun beds" we lost every time,. Sergio is the young man who wipes your sun bed down and then out your towels on the sunbeds and then brings you a drink of choice. (mine was coffee with cinnamon biscuit - I ate my weight in them!) Try the hammocks on the garden area, Ace - looking over the sea and swinging in the breeze.
The small gym was good for a hotel, could get a decent work out.
Food - very good. The all inclusive entitled us to eat in any of the restaurants, but the buffet in the evening had so much choice each night there was no need to book elsewhere. all the beef dishes are gorgeous. The hoisin chicken with noodles last night! As good as any Chinese restaurant. Each night the theme changes, Choices include a range of salad, meats and cheeses, a carved roasted meat (or 2) a meat grilled for you, a range of stews, a pasta dish, and a Chinese choice.
As superior booking, we had breakfast in the Christina restaurant. Range of choice, porridge, cooked breakfast items, cold meats and fishes, pastries, bread, cook your own toast, made to order were omelettes, pancakes (mmm) cooked egg.
Fruit juices, tea coffee. Oh yes and a range of cakes which would put any afternoon tea selection to shame (but my brain couldn't take that in for breakfast!)
Staff - all great. Attentive, but not "in your face". Part of the superior booking includes a check in with Flavia or her team, who manage the superior rooms. Comfy chairs, orange juice and champagne as you fill in the forms. then up to your room
Flavia and her team were on hand for any queries, but the reception staff were more than capable of dealing with any queries/questions/daft requests. all staff take delight in remembering your room number, their memories for faces is incredible.
What we also noticed was the extra care and time which was afforded to infirm and/or elderly guests. I think its second nature to the staff. A helping hand to carry a plate in the buffet room, convenient tables, time to talk and say hello around the pool.
A good 40 minute walk into town, either down the main road, or via the beach path. we enjoyed the walk, but the bus service is excellent too. 5 euros all day, or 1.50 per trip.
the only down side was the treatment I received when trying to book a massage at the on site spa. Due to a "condition" (my bowel has been removed and I have a stoma - commonly known as "a bag" - which is on my stomach - bum on tum) I was refused a back massage. hmm. But the spa is run independently from the hotel, and Flavia did try to sort something out for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus