This was our third time staying at a Constantinou Bros hotel, having stayed previously at the Athena Royal and the Athena Beach. Our one week stay at the Pioneer Beach was by far our favourite.
Our coach was greeted by a manager and waitresses with cold towels and glasses of orange juice. So lovely arriving in the mid afternoon sunshine. Check in was exceptionally quick. Perhaps because we had stayed before, we were upgraded to a sea view room (from the limited side sea view I had booked). Yes it was overlooking the empty ground at the side, however, the view to the sea was uninterrupted and the room very quiet. The bed was massive and comfortable. There was a bottle of white wine in the fridge along with beer and soft drinks, a bottle of water and a further half bottle of red wine. The safe was free which was a bonus. Various shampoos etc in the bathroom. The shower was fabulous. There was a choice of either an overhead rainwater shower or a side shower.
The purpose of this holiday was to switch off completely and this hotel ticked all of our boxes for that. We are in our 40s and we found the entertainment just right. There was always a singer at night up in the Marco Polo bar. Andy, the resident musician, is excellent and plays a wide variety of song types catering for all tastes. On the nights he is not playing, there are other singers and we found them all to be good. There was a lovely outside terrace to the Marco Polo bar and we tended to sit outside nearly every night. You could just hear the music but we could also talk. How anyone can say that the music is so loud to be heard next door, is just ridiculous.
There are plenty of sunbeds. We used to get down to the pool around 11am and there was a fantastic chap who was always around to move the sunbeds to point towards the sun and open your parasol. He was also one of the many waiters/waitresses taking orders around the pool. Service was just suberb. The pool however, whilst extremely clean, was also exceptionally cold. We only used it twice but this did not detract from our enjoyment at all.
We ate in the Regina Restaurant for lunch overlooking the pool. Great choice but I always had a salad. Loads of choice and delicious.
We were on all inclusive and spent more on food at Paphos Airport than we did during the whole of our week away. All food and drink (including international brands) are included. Instead of a wrist band you are given credit card sized cards. It is a bit strange at first having to give the card in for every order and then sign for your drinks, but to us it just added to the exclusivity feel of the hotel.
We ate every night in the main restaurant although we could have eaten twice at one of the A La Carte restaurants. Again we sat outside and tended to eat later. There was always a great choice and my hubby, who does not normally eat puddings, ate one every night. (He loved the chocolate coconut cake). Most nights we were served by a fantastic waiter called Vasilakis (sorry if I spelt that wrong). He was just great. Extremely efficient and after a few days even remembered our wine choice and water.
To summarise; we can't wait to go back. I have already started pricing up a holiday (or two) for next year. If you are a couple, in search of total peace and tranquility, with excellent service, and luxurious surroundings, this is the place for you. I will be emailing the manager to pass on our thanks as well. If you are yet to go on your holiday, you won't be disappointed !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus