This was our first time in Cyprus, and both the hotel and Paphos itself impressed us immensely. Unfortunately our Thompson flights were delayed at both ends, but this was the only downside to our holiday.
Having arrived at midnight, we were immediately impressed by the entrance to the hotel and by the warm greeting from the reception staff. First impressions really do count and this welcome set the tone for the rest of our stay. We were on Half Board and had a Standard Sea View room, overlooking the pool area and the sea. The room was comfortable and of adequate size, had all the facilities we could have wished for, including a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, large comfortable bed, two chairs, and a room safe. Our cheerful room attendant kept everything spotlessly clean, and made the bathroom positively sparkle. Although the balcony was small, it was large enough for us to sit and relax on and enjoy the sunset. It might be a good idea for the hotel to update its web site, as the standard room layout was shown to have a full balcony, and some guests may be disappointed to find that this is not the case, but it was not a problem to us.
Food was plentiful and of excellent quality. Breakfast began everyday with a glass of champagne, followed by a selection of fruit, juices, cereals, pastries, cold meats and cheeses, and a large variety of cooked food. We took a very reasonably priced lunch at the hotel on most days. Dinner was a buffet, with each night of the week a different theme, but again, there was a large variety to choose from with something to suit all tastes. House wine was quite palatable and cost 11.50 euros a bottle. For variation, we also enjoyed an excellent meal in the a la carte restaurant with an allowance of 10 euros per person against the bill, and also went to Flambé Night and enjoyed both the food and the theatrics of the chef.
The evening entertainment comprised of singers of varying degrees of talent. We especially enjoyed listening to David.
I had two excellent treatments in the wonderful spa.
The walk to Paphos harbour took 40 minutes along the coastal footpath, or buses ran about every 10-15 minutes from just along the road from the hotel. Single tickets were 1 euro, or all day tickets were 3 euros.
Sun beds were plentiful, and there was never a problem finding one.
Although not impressed with Thomson Airways, our Thompson rep, Karen was always very helpful and keen to make our holiday go well, without being pushy about selling trips. We did go on one trip – ‘Love Cyprus’ which was a good way for us to get to know the island.
Finally a big thank to all the staff, who, without exception were friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus