I totally agree with previous reviews regarding the service and quality of food. Before booking we looked at earlier reviews which one person complained about the reception staff - what?
The staff were superb giving prompt attention and always smiling and i cannot praise them highly enough.
Food was superb as was the waiting staff and the chefs who were always ready for a chat and a bit of banter.
Noticed that there was a fair few romanians employed as waiting staff but were very efficient and had good command of the english language and did not let the side down.
The disease i refer to is the one relating to the sunbeds, it was always germans that were guilty of getting up at the crack of dawn to claim the best sunbeds - not any more - i sat on the balcony every morning with a cuppa and watched the steady flow of pensioners claim their beds for the day, one after the other. It was funny and sad at the same time.
My wife and i would have breakfast, go back to the room and pick up some towels and go and choose a sunbed either by the pool or in the garden - plenty to choose from even after an invasion from a hoard of germans on day 3 of our stay. All i can say is get a life.
The entertainment was pretty dire and i think that if this is part of the package Thomsons should make a lot more effort, maybe a comedian or a duo, not a solo artist singing the same old songs.
We tended to go out for a walk in the evening to a local bar or get a bus to the harbour because of this.
We would recommend the spa having had a massage, the staff were very professional and attentive.
Having said that, you should not let this put you off as it is a wonderful hotel with wonderful staff that fulfill your every need that makes the holiday you save for, and hope for become a reality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus