Louis Phaethon Beach
$102
$103
$90
  • Pool
Theo Sunset Bay Holiday Village(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
$83
$109
$92
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Capital Coast Resort & Spa(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$108
$102
  • Pool
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
$74
$71
$44
$42
$236
$206
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$65
$55
getaroom.com
5,192 results
All reviewsanimation teamchinese buffetthe lion kinglife guardsgreat holidayfun gamesbar staffsomething for everyoneall agesat lunchtimefantastic hotelshuffle boardevening showskids clubpirate shipplenty of choicefamily hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2006

We have just returned from this hotel with our two children aged 4 and 6 and want to warn other people thinking of going there not to go within a million miles of it - unless they fancy a Butlins-like experience in shabby, grotty, gloomy surroundings.
The hotel is probably the worst I have ever stayed in. It is in desperate need of refurbishment, and the family rooms are basically a small twin/double with two children's beds shoe-horned in. Anyone with children older than our two will struggle. And the bathroom is like something out of the dark ages.
Outside, the paint is peeling off the hotel building, tiles are chipped and cracked in the gardens, which are the most unattractive I have seen on the contintinent. Many of the lamp-posts in the garden and poolside have broken in half and are just taped up - not sure how safe they are, and one of them actually fell over at the poolside as people sat nearby sunbathing.
As for the poolside area - you will have to get up at 6am to get a bed during high season. And expect to be sunbathing cheek by jowl with all your fellow holidaymakers. On my first day, when I walked out to the poolside I thought I had entered Dante's Inferno.
There is also only one pool, which is not great because if a baby has an accident in the shallow end - as happened three times in a week during our stay - the whole pool is shut for chemicals to be added to the water, so you can't go in for the rest of the day. As others have said, the inadequate beach isn't an alternative.
The bars are frankly depressing - nowhere nice to sit and enjoy a drink with a view of the sea. The outside snack bar is like a canteen in a factory. Food is mediocre to say the least, unless you like chips and fried food, although there is a roast every day - but why go abroad to eat roast dinners every night?!! And don't expect anything healthy for the kids - pizza, fish fingers and chicken nuggets are the order of the day, which my kids don't like and which I would never encourage them to eat anyway.
As for the entertainment - what a misnomer! Pathetic poolside games and the appalling 'club dance'. And they even read out the horoscopes from the Sun newspaper over a tannoy as you sit round the pool.
There is also bingo every night!!! The shows were OK, but I've seen much better in Greece. The so-called Chariots Nightclub is like a bad hotel conference room, with one bar in the corner serving 100s of people. So be prepared to queue. If you drink wine, as we do, expect to be served a glass of warm white wine out of a wine box.
We couldn't wait to go home. I cannot believe that people return to this hotel year after year. I can only assume that they have very low standards and haven't travelled very much.
We stayed at a Louis hotel in Corfu three years ago and it was streets ahead of this one. It was a cheap and nasty place, and we wouldn't go back if we were paid.
We went all-inclusive, but ended up spending a lot of extra money just to get away from it - and to get a decent meal.
Honestly - if you want to go to Paphos, steer well clear of the Phaethon.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank karenpw
Reviewed August 2, 2006

we have just returned from the phaethon for our fourth time and have already booked for next year, alot of the people we meet there we've seen previous years, some have been more often than us.
We love the place ,if you hadn't already guessed. All the staff are brilliant especially Abbas and Zeeshan they genuinely remember us from our previous visits and made us feel more welcome than ever (if possible).
The animation team are amazing I didn't think they could improve on previous years but they have. They work very long hours just to keep us entertained and succeed very well at it.
I've noticed over the years that they are constantly upgrading fixtures and fittings. If you do ever have a problem i.e. tv not tuned in properly or wardrobe door hinge broken just inform the reception and they will deal with it almost immediately. I couldn't wish for a better place, our purpose of a holiday is to be able to switch off completely and just relax and that is exactly what we do there. we join in when we want to, eat when our belly says it's time and drink plenty (soft drinks as well as alcoholic).
I cannot recommend it enough.

Stayed: July 2006
35  Thank jashy
Reviewed July 27, 2006

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 20, 2006