We have just got back from staying at this hotel and it is beyond doubt, the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! Having paid our travel agent for a room with a sea view we were shown to a very shabby room with no sea view, overlooking the kitchens and with a distinct odour of food. Following a swift complaint, we were moved to a less shabby room overlooking the outdoor drinking area. It was clear the hotel 'manager' wasn't happy about the complaint stating that he would move us as a 'goodwill gesture'.
We were staying half board, however, it soon became clear that most people were all inclusive and there appeared to be a drive at the start of the holiday to encourage people to convert to this with an extra payment. One night we were not offered a drinks menu at all whereas the all inclusive guests could help themselves to prepared drinks from a table. The food was distinctly average and as a previous reviewer has stated, very similar to canteen food with few local dishes. As a consequence, we started to go out more locally and tended to get up late, missing breakfast.
This hotel is predominantly focused on families and we would definitely not recommend it for a romantic getaway. Previous reviews have commented on the 'friendly staff' whereas from start to finish we could only describe them as disinterested, grumpy and unskilled.
The bus service is good. However, a taxi to Paphos will generally cost approximately 10 euros for a 2 mile journey. The bars and restaurants approx 10 minutes walk from the hotel were varied and of good quality. We hired a car for 2 days and this proved to enhance the holiday as we went up to the Trodus Mountains and found some lovely beaches towards Latsi.
On the whole,we would reccomend to give the hotel a miss!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Louis Phaethon Beach 4 star hotel in Pafos is located on the Paphos coast near the picturesque harbor and only 10 km from Paphos International Airport. Louis Phaethon Beach is also an all inclusive hotel in Pafos located directly on the beach, with an unlimited Mediterranean Sea view. Relax at the Louis Phaethon Health Club, enjoy a swim in one of our indoor or outdoor pools or forget your stress and go for a steam bath or a jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Louis Phaethon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Phaethon Beach Paphos
- Phaethon Hotel
- Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel Paphos