Stopped here end of May 2012 with my husband and 3yr old daughter. This was the first hotel holiday for a long time, we usually book villas and first ever all inclusive so really didn't know what to expect.
The hotel was run very well. The staff couldn't work harder and never looked like they wanted to do anything else but ensure the guests were happy. I think alot of hotels could learn alot from the Phaethon. The kids entertainment team from Phaethon and Thomson kids club were brilliant. I never expected to leave my daughter in the club, but they run a very tight, safe and fun club so I had no worries and she had a great time and met some lovely friends.
I would only recommend young famalies or large groups. Our little group of 3 felt really outcasted as we were surrounded by many parties of 20+ groups. Also it's very noisey, which don't let this put you off unless you want a very peaceful holiday. The music in the day is constant and when it does stop it's to listen to terrible horescopes, which me and my hubby couldn't stop laughing throughout as it was so bad that it was almost entertaining. We hired a car just to get out and get some peace and had some lovely trips out.
There is no nice beaches nearby. The best beach was a good hours drive away North to Polis, but still it was really gravely. I was told the only nice sandy beach in Cyprus is in Ayia Napa which was a good 3-4 hour drive. There was however brilliant rock pool near the hotel and we spent some great time catching crabs, shrimp and fish, my daughter loved it.
The food was really nice. I ate a little of everything no upset tummies once. There was lots of choice and I honestly don't know how some of the reviews say they got tired of the choice, seriously they must have eaten ALOT to get round everything! I would give the food a 9/10 and I'm really picky. However food hall is really busy and once again noisy, the staff run a tight ship in the food hall and can't fault that.
The drink was OK. Keo larger was enjoyable. The wine not so nice, it came in cartons and I'm sure a similar wine if not the wine the hotel used was 1euro a carton in the supermarket. We ended up buying nice wine from local shops and drinking it in our room, coffee hit and miss. I wish they had fresh juice in the morning rather then the horrid concentrated stuff. I tried many lovely cocktails, but mostly had G&T and really the good things out way the bad.
Overall we really enjoyed the holiday, however the rental car was a must for us to get some quiet time when we wanted it. I would deffo go back but would come back with friends as a bigger group. I think if you are in any way a snob this is not the place for you.
Thank you for our get stay x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Louis Phaethon Beach 4 star hotel in Pafos is located on the Paphos coast near the picturesque harbor and only 10 km from Paphos International Airport. Louis Phaethon Beach is also an all inclusive hotel in Pafos located directly on the beach, with an unlimited Mediterranean Sea view. Relax at the Louis Phaethon Health Club, enjoy a swim in one of our indoor or outdoor pools or forget your stress and go for a steam bath or a jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Louis Phaethon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Phaethon Beach Paphos
- Phaethon Hotel
- Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel Paphos