We read the reviews on this hotel before we booked and although the majority were good the bad ones always niggle on your mind until you get there and make up your own mind. We expected a small room and weren't disappointed !! But in saying that it was big enough for us and our two teenage kids to sleep, wash and dress in so unless you are planning to ask friends over for the evening they are fine. It was our first experience of all inclusive and again after a few negative reviews were worried about the quality of the food. Don't be. The chef, who we found out has been at the hotel 15 years is a genius. The food was plentiful and full of variety, yes on a weekly rotation but with such choice you needn't eat the same thing twice in two weeks unless you wanted to. The bread and butter pudding was simply amazing and couldn't wait for it to come back the following week !! Everyones review mentions the hard working staff and I can only agree, they are so dedicated to making sure all the Guests have the best possible time.
I think though, having said how good the hotel/food/entertainment all are we would have got cabin fever had we stayed on site for the whole two weeks. We went on a brilliant boat trip with Paphos Sea Cruises out of Paphos Harbour and could not recommend them highly enough. The water park (walking distance from hotel) is good but not as good as the Fasouri water park in Limassol but still worth a visit. The Paphos go-karting cicuit is a must. They come and collect you from the hotel and bring you back afterwards and the kids (and me) loved the racing, very well run and safe, not like Roscos go-karting which (between the hotel and the genuine circuit) which looked very run down and unsafe) .
Used the excellent bus service to go to two different beaches as the one at the hotel isn't really a beach (but you can walk 250 meters to a reasonable one). Only 2 Euros- free for under 12's, for all day travel so went all the way to Coral Bay.
We did eat out one night for a change as it was my sons birthday and he wanted to do something special. It is then you realise the value of the Hotel, as we ended up paying 250 Euros for a meal and drinks for 8 people in one of the Harbour rerstaurants for an Ok meal.
The hotel management especially Rudi were incredibly attentive and concerned for your well being to the point that when my wife pointed out to them that the iron in the laundry room wasn't very good a brand new steam iron appeared the next day.
The all inclusive drinks were fine, the local Keo lager is excellent and although the soft drinks aren't the real thing they taste fine, the cocktails are good with big choice, bit hit and miss on the strength depending on who mixes them !!
Lovely walk along the seafront to the Harbour area which is lively, get the bus home though only 1 Euro per head,Taxi was 10 Euros.
In summing up, I would return to this hotel but not if I wanted a quiet relaxing holiday away from kids, but as a lively family holiday it would take some beating. The weather was perfect not too hot, lovely afternoon breezes, great food, attentive staff, brilliant animation team (Boxy what a star) and special mention to Constantin and Andrieu (as well as the others), the bar waiters who just did not stop all night ensuring you never waited for a drink and in fact came and asked you if you wanted another before you'd finished that one, thanks for all the morning headaches guys !! Hope to rteurn soon, certainly won't forget what a wonderful time we had, missing it already and only got back last night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Louis Phaethon Beach 4 star hotel in Pafos is located on the Paphos coast near the picturesque harbor and only 10 km from Paphos International Airport. Louis Phaethon Beach is also an all inclusive hotel in Pafos located directly on the beach, with an unlimited Mediterranean Sea view. Relax at the Louis Phaethon Health Club, enjoy a swim in one of our indoor or outdoor pools or forget your stress and go for a steam bath or a jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Louis Phaethon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Phaethon Beach Paphos
- Phaethon Hotel
- Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel Paphos