“Fabulous hotel and location!”

Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was my first solo holiday for 30 years and I played safe by booking through Saga and paying for the best hotel I could afford. I chose this hotel but when I called to book, Saga told me I couldn't have a seaview room on my own - after a heartfelt email to the hotel, I was told it was fine. When I arrived I couldn't have wished for a better room - top floor in the middle of the hotel with an uninterrupted view of the sea.
I found everything about the hotel fantastic. The food was very good, particularly the Italian and Japanese restaurants and the all staff were so friendly and welcoming, particularly Leoni who helped me get my room, the blonde girl on the pool bar, the young lads getting my cocktails, my room cleaner, the waiters ( particularly one young man with a smile that split his face) and even the manager of the hotel who appeared at very regular intervals and took such an interest. I even loved the cats! Another great thing was that you get allocated a sunbed on your first day that stays yours for as long as you want it - no searching in the mornings.
I could walk into Paphos in 15minutes along the seafront and there were such a lot of interesting things to do locally. Thoroughly recommended!
As an aside there was a dedicated room for Saga guests with an abundance of alcohol and soft drinks and the rep was very informative. Fabulous holiday!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Sue P
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel. Also for you personal recommendation to other Solo travelers as we have many guests that come to stay with us by themselves and I am sure other potential Solo guests will find your recommendation reassuring.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about your room, the food, the restaurants and in particular the Garibaldi Italian and the Kiku Japanese.

I am delighted to read that you were assisted prior to arrival by Leoni in our reservations department. Also that you found the pool bar staff, the barmen, the room cleaners and the waiters friendly and welcoming. I will personally be showing them your review and they will all be happy when they see that they have been mentioned.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,665)

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just got back from a week away in paradise, miss it so much! Stayed here in July with family and friends for 1 week, and also got married here!
The hotel is in a great location easy walk to the harbour and shops. The hotel itself is spotless and very well looked after! Our room was the deluxe sea view we had a great sea view! The room is very clean and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was amazing (I love the fact that you could listen to music in the shower! The t.v in the room connected to a speaker in the bathroom, fantastic! Towels changed regularly. Loved the sunbed allocation for the whole week,(No more waking up at the crack of dawn to save a sunbed! The Breakfast/Dinner was very good quality and good selection/themes every night. The pool is a good size and not too cold,loved the pool bar i had many cocktails here which were very tasty.
The staff here are amazing! I have experienced the best service here,everyone is so helpful and friendly.
The unity terrace (Where we got married) is stunning and has amazing views of the sea. I had the best day of my life here,wish i could do it all again! The layout was amazing and the food was very good! Thank you to everyone that made our day so special!
I would highly recommend this hotel and will definetly be returning!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Deluxe sea view, stunning views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DeeJaggz

Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your holiday and wedding.

Your views about the hotel, the food, the location, the Delux Front Sea View Room, the sun bed allocation system, the pools and Infinity Pool Bar are most appreciated.

We are glad to see that your wedding day was memorable and that we have managed to make your day perfect. Your comments have already been shared with all the team members concerned and will motivate them even more to keep up the excellent work.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just returned from a two week stay at Alexander the Great. It was our second stay at this hotel. The bedrooms and pool area have been refurbished. Other that that the hotel is pretty much the same. I have to say that all if the staff were extremely friendly and helpfull always. We have been on many cruises and I feel that the staff were equally as helpfull as any on the cruise lines that we have been on. I'm not sure when the General Manager got any sleep as he toured the pool and restaurant areas talking to guests (and staff) from early morning to late evening.

We had an excellent holiday and would have no qualms about recommending this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays for a second time. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our recent refurbishments and most importantly that you found all of our staff to be always extremely friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a return third visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Just got back from a week at The Alexander the Great, Had a great time!!! Well situated close to harbour. Lovely having same sun beds right by the sea. Day time entertainment excellent for our two teenage boys who claimed to have had best holiday ever!!!! Hotel very clean, Rooms large and kept spotlessly clean. Food excellent with plenty of choice. Free Wi Fi big bonus. Would recommend this hotel and will definitely be back!!!!

Room Tip: we had a non sea view room which did not spoil our stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Hunky3

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that we have lived up to your holiday expectations.

Thank you for mentioning the well situated location of the hotel, the sun bed allocation system, the large rooms that are spotlessly clean, the free WiFi and also that your teenagers enjoyed our team programme and daily activities.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We just got back and what a fantastic hotel! It really is as good as all the reviews state. We were a little worried that there would not be enough for our son to do and that the hotel was geared towards adults but we were wrong. There is something for everyone. The kids club is fantastic! Vicky and Sabine there are a very safe pair of hands and our son enjoyed his time and listed this as one of his favourite things about the holiday. It is also really well thought out. There are movie nights booked into the weekly schedule so parents can go to the adult only Garibaldi restaurant! The entertainment staff are also fantastic. Warren is a favourite with our son - he thinks he is hilarious but all the staff are great. The entertainment was fantastic and as other reviewers have said not forced on anyone and really friendly and welcoming.

Food - fantastic! You will need elasticated waistbands! We loved all the restaurants and the service was fantastic! You will read that Emma and Raj are fantastic which is very true but the other staff are also great! Our son mostly tried everything on offer but if you do have a fussy eater a kids menu is available at each restaurant with kiddie favourites. The hotel felt really relaxed. There isnt the mad rush that you experience in other hotels. It is a really well managed and organised place and you will leave feeling happy and relaxed.

Philippa in Guest Relations is also fantastic! She organised for a bottle of bubbly to be left in our room upon arrival as my husband was celebrating a special birthday and also ensured we got our 'date night' at Garibaldis even though she was clearly suffering with tooth ache. Thank you Philippa it was much appreciated!

Maids are fantastic at this hotel. My son thinks the hotel is run my magic. Everytime we left our room we would come back and it would have been cleaned! He made it his mission to find out who left the chocolate on his pillow every night and was ecstatic on the last night when he caught the maid! Reception staff are likewise very helpful and friendly.

We really enjoyed our stay, thank you to all of the staff who made our holiday memorable.

Room Tip: It really is worth going for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Rav K
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays and for your husbands special birthday. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our Little Monsters Kids Club and Vicky and Stacey that run all the activities. I am delighted that you managed to have some Adults only time in Garibaldi whilst your son was entertained. Warren will be pleased when he sees that your son found him to be hilarious and that the entertainment was fantastic.

Thank you for also mentioning that you loved all of our restaurants and found both the food and service to be fantastic. Emma and Raj and all the restaurants staff will be pleased to see they have been mentioned as will Philippa our Guest Relations Manager.

Our Housekeeping department will be thrilled that you thought they were fantastic and your son thought they were magical! Also the front office reception staff who you found to be very helpful and friendly.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed in ATG for 2 weeks from 2-16th July before the school holidays so not many children there. The Hotel facilities were excellent, the staff were helpful and the enterainment was very good. The food was lovely and the Italian restaurant exceptional, special thanks to Paula who served us very well and Raj in the Japanese restaurant, who always had a smile to great us. Bars and lounge areas were of a high standard and all the bar staff were helpful. The in house entertainment staff were friendly and always mixed and chatted with the guests. Warren managed the All Stars entertainment events with enthusiasm and the team Steven, Beth Emily and Aimee were brilliant. Special thanks to Aimee. All worked very hard to make our holiday perfect.

Room Tip: Couples will enjoy the Cabanas with swim up pools.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill962014

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that we exceeded your holiday expectations and that you found the hotel to be " practically perfect in every way". Thank you for mentioning that you found that the hotel facilities were excellent, the food lovely, the bars and lounge areas were of a high standard.

It always gives me great pleasure to read about the fantastic team of staff I have here at the hotel. I will be personally showing your review to all of the staff especially Paula the head waitress in the Garibaldi Restaurant, Raj the head waiter in Kiku the Japanese Restaurant, the bar staff and Warren, Aimee, Emily, Steven and Beth our Kanika Allstars Team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have had the pleasure of visiting this hotel before and after the refurb and will definitely return again.
The refit that has been completed is outstanding. The rooms are a great size, with plenty of storage and beautiful fittings. The two poster beds add to the luxury, yet simple style of the rooms. The bathrooms are lovely, again with great storage and the window between the bathroom and bedroom provides additional light and a feeling of a larger room.
The restaurants serve fantastic food with the added bonus of having a dine around option of 4 restaurants to choose from. Kiku, the Japanese restaurant was out of this world. We thought it would just be sushi, but once the superb Phillipa (Guest Relations) explained that this wasn't the case we thought we would give it a go and we were so pleased that we did. The outdoor setting, overlooking the sea, with the castle in the distance was beautiful and the food was incredible. The Limanaki Greek Tavern, allows you to try some traditional Cypriot meze. The main buffet restaurant, Roxane's, was a different theme each night and once again the food is amazing.
Cocktails and beer are reasonably priced although soft drinks are costly.
You are provided with an activity sheet each week detailing the daily activities, such as waterpolo and darts, the restaurant themes and evening entertainment.
The fantastic entertainment team, headed up by Warren, with Steve, Beth, Aimee and Emily all work extremely hard, carrying out the daily activities, which they are not forceful with to participate as well as the great evening entertainment. The bar staff, particularly Angelina, Dennis and Erik, always served us with a smile. Emma and Raj in the restaurants always had time to have a little chat.
The hotel is spotless and the housekeeping staff do a fantastic job.
The pool area is beautiful and the sun bed allocation is something more hotels should adopt but as always there are people who don't appear to understand the system!!!
Both my husband and I feel that whilst this hotel is excellent they have a strong desire to improve and this is evidenced by the changing attitude of the reception staff. We have read many a comment on here regarding the poor reception staff customer service, we however during our 11 night stay in July never witnessed this once, they always said hello, resolved issues immediately and efficiently and with a smile. It is clear that the management of this hotel listen to feedback and act.
Overall this hotel is a must to stay at if you are planning a visit to Paphos and we can't wait to return.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicki W
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the whole team and I really appreciate the comments you have written and that you have returned to stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting that you approve of the recent refurbishments that took place, that you found the rooms to be a great size with plenty of storage and liked the window with privacy blind in the bathroom. That you found the food to be fantastic and enjoyed the dine around option of having four different restaurants to sample during your stay.

I am delighted to read that our Kanika Allstars entertained you during the day and evening, Warren, Beth, Aimee, Emily, Steven our entertainments team and Philippa our Guest Relations Manager will thrilled that they have been mentioned.

From the whole team of staff and myself we look forward to the day when you once more walk through the door and are welcomed by all of us here at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel.