We have had the pleasure of visiting this hotel before and after the refurb and will definitely return again.
The refit that has been completed is outstanding. The rooms are a great size, with plenty of storage and beautiful fittings. The two poster beds add to the luxury, yet simple style of the rooms. The bathrooms are lovely, again with great storage and the window between the bathroom and bedroom provides additional light and a feeling of a larger room.
The restaurants serve fantastic food with the added bonus of having a dine around option of 4 restaurants to choose from. Kiku, the Japanese restaurant was out of this world. We thought it would just be sushi, but once the superb Phillipa (Guest Relations) explained that this wasn't the case we thought we would give it a go and we were so pleased that we did. The outdoor setting, overlooking the sea, with the castle in the distance was beautiful and the food was incredible. The Limanaki Greek Tavern, allows you to try some traditional Cypriot meze. The main buffet restaurant, Roxane's, was a different theme each night and once again the food is amazing.
Cocktails and beer are reasonably priced although soft drinks are costly.
You are provided with an activity sheet each week detailing the daily activities, such as waterpolo and darts, the restaurant themes and evening entertainment.
The fantastic entertainment team, headed up by Warren, with Steve, Beth, Aimee and Emily all work extremely hard, carrying out the daily activities, which they are not forceful with to participate as well as the great evening entertainment. The bar staff, particularly Angelina, Dennis and Erik, always served us with a smile. Emma and Raj in the restaurants always had time to have a little chat.
The hotel is spotless and the housekeeping staff do a fantastic job.
The pool area is beautiful and the sun bed allocation is something more hotels should adopt but as always there are people who don't appear to understand the system!!!
Both my husband and I feel that whilst this hotel is excellent they have a strong desire to improve and this is evidenced by the changing attitude of the reception staff. We have read many a comment on here regarding the poor reception staff customer service, we however during our 11 night stay in July never witnessed this once, they always said hello, resolved issues immediately and efficiently and with a smile. It is clear that the management of this hotel listen to feedback and act.
Overall this hotel is a must to stay at if you are planning a visit to Paphos and we can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus