Alexander the Great helped make our wedding day absolutely amazing! We stayed here for 2 weeks with family and friends and we had a brilliant stay which was even better than we could have imagined! The hotel has been finished to an excellent standard, staff are friendly and the location is great.
We stayed in a sea view room which was of a great size, and the views out to sea from the room were beautiful, even from the bathroom you can see out to sea! The pools are stunning and the sun-bed allocation is a great idea, no rushing down at 7am each morning to grab a sun-bed! The only negative about the pool is they had a strict no games policy so the kids couldn't play bat and ball etc. which was a bit annoying.
We stayed full board plus which was great - the food selection was amazing, we have eaten at many buffet style restaurants and in terms of choice and quality this really is up there. Make sure you try out all of the restaurants, they are worth it.
Location - i have heard some people comment on the road noise, we had a sea view room so this didn't affect us at all so i would highly recommend staying this side of the hotel. You can take a nice leisurely walk down to the harbour using the pathway that runs along the back of all the hotels and only took around 10 minutes.
There are also water sports available at the back of the hotel which are reasonably priced, definitely worth a try if you fancy something a bit different.
Special thanks to Eva our wedding co-ordinator who was a dream, resulting in a completely stress-free build up to the day and on the big day itself. Also the food and beverage manager - such a great down to earth guy :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus