Firstly, feel free to message us with any questions.
We were shuttled by private taxi to and from the airport (Thomson inclusive) which takes about
20 mins depending on how reckless your driver is (remember to clunk click).
The airport itself was efficient both arriving and departing.
On arrival at hotel the check in process was quick (one form) and room was ready at our 3pm
local time arrival. FYI You have until midday to check out on final day.
Dining. Breakfast always the same and beside the main pool. Open from 0700
to 1030. There is no rush due to the great sun bed allocation system so
enjoy your lay in and go down at 0930. You can even grab a UK newspaper on
your way down from the hotel shop that opens at 9. We went full board as
the difference from half board when we booked in January was only 26p each!
Lunch is at the same location as breakfast from 1230 to 1430 and does vary
a little every day. Evening meals from 1830 to 2130 are either at 4 locations of your
choosing. The main inside buffet changing its theme every night. It can get
quite manic sometimes, we found going at 2045 was quieter and cooler. The
Italian is open 7 days per week and quite romantic inside. Food was fine too,
we did find it gets quite hot the more people that start dining, so a 1830
time suited us. The Japanese and Cypriot dining are only open on certain
days and you have to book all the latter 3 at reception. It's a personal
choice but we really liked the Japanese but not the Cypriot. Both these are
outside so dine a bit later to allow the heat to lower. You can watch the sun
go down at Japanese also if you time it right. If you go B&B there are
plenty of restaurants in the harbour for every culinary taste especially if
your vegetarian you may want to choose this option. Dress at breakfast and
lunch is as casual as you want. In the evening it's different. You will get
away with tailored shorts and polo shirt in the main buffet but it's shirt
and trousers in the speciality restaurants and they are quite strict or be
prepared to be embarrassed. All meals come with a free table bottle of
water and a choice or a glass of wine,beer or soft drink each person.
Evening entertainment was reasonable and took place most evening outside
beside the main pool with a proper stage from 9.15 to 11. Depending on
where your room is you could sit on your balcony and listen in or get table
waiter service sitting outside which is also just as nice. There is also
daytime entertainment if you wish to take part. A programme for all such
details are in your room and all you just need to find out is if your in week 1 or week 2 when you
arrive, as they cater for guests who stay a fortnight like we did.
Drinks. All drinks are reasonably priced in comparison to the harbour etc but have lower measures 25 /35 compared to 50ml outside. There are supermarkets nearby if you want to get alcohol and drinks for in room at better prices but the choice is yours. You cannot use your in room fridge for outside products or a charge of 5 euros a day will be put on your bill if you do. The mini bar is well stocked and you have tea coffee etc in abundant also supplied in your room.
Room. Definitely worth sea view if you can afford it and go for the 3rd
floor with sea and harbour view for the very best experience. We emailed in
advance and got exactly what we asked for so don't be shy. The tv has
every channel you get on freeview in the uk. If your unsure how to use
a smart tv then do get someone to show you as soon as you arrive to
appreciate to the tv system fully. The glass between bathroom and bedroom is
really weird and would have been better half the size if you do really want
to see the sea whilst having a shower in the sea view rooms (includes bath) . Beds were 2
singles pushed together but still very comfortable. Lots of drawers, cupboards,
coat hangers and hair dryer and free safe all provided.
Alexander's bar shows football or most bars in harbour area do the same.
Pool area. Great sunbed allocation system. We wanted the adult pool area as
it's quieter and no kids allowed and also a bit more room around the beds. TOP TIP Remember
the sun comes over the hotel in the morning so any beds on the hotel side
of the pools will be in the shade until around 11. You can move beds during your
stay so don't worry if your 1st choice is unavailable or what you
expected. The pool temperatures are lovely. Not freezing and do warm up as
the day goes on from the natural air / sun temperature. Do expect to be in the
40s for most of the summery days. Sometimes there is a nice sea breeze to
cool you as well as regular dips in the pool or sea.
WiFi is free and accessible everywhere and actually excellent speeds available.
We did not use the gym, spa and children's club but heard all were very
good. I didn't think it really was a hotel for kids but we saw some and
they were not heard much - thank goodness.
If the manager is listening then the improvements we would make to improve the hotel further would be; introduce a better pool cleaning system and a gardener.
All the staff employed did a great job every day. Too many to name but
Angelina and Elana caught our attention with efficiency and service always
with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus