Returned to Paphos after some years. Most impressed with the improvements to the coast walk that have been made
Even by Cyprus standards the Staff were great. In the Restaurant the level of attentiveness was perhaps too high, but that's better than being ignored.
For those who like the beach and sea swimming, the beach immediately opposite is not great but the next bay is better and it's only a very short walk.
Almost everything about this hotel is first class from the IDEAL sunbed allocation to the accommodation. One tiny niggle though. I understand that there has been a recent refurbishment. In our bathroom the bath 'plug' was a rather overcomplicated piece of engineering that involved a shiny chrome knob that had to be given a half turn to release the water.
Turning this was easy when the bath was empty but when full and with water pressing down on the plate that serves as a plug, with wet hands, very difficult to turn fully. (Use a small towel).
My advice is to go for simplicity next refurbishment. Use a plug!.
AND THIS IS THE ONLY THING I COULD FIND TO BE NEGATIVE ABOUT.
I found the food to be good most of the time. Odd nights when I didn't find much to appeal, but I can perhaps be over fussy. My Wife for whom the 'sweet trolley' is THE most important part of the meal was VERY COMPLIMENTARY though.
All in all a splendid, relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Bookcyprus.com, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus