This is a superb hotel just minutes walk from the harbour area. We arrived at the hotel in mid afternoon and after completion of our registration form we quickly moved into our seaview room on the third floor. Our room was quite spacious and well furnished throughout with ample storage and hanging space for our needs. Upon opening the curtains we where blown away with the full seaview that met us. The balcony had the usual table and two chairs which became a pleasant spot for a relaxing break in the afternoon. We also had the sun all day onto our balcony.
There was a 32" Samsung Smart TV in the room which had several English TV channels available in the menu: BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Chanel 4, Channel 5 and BBC World News. The sound from the tv could also be relayed into the ensuite if required.
The ensuite had both a rainfall and head height shower over the bath and a non slip bath mat can be obtained from either reception or housekeeping if needed. There is also a blue nightlight in the ensuite. A clear glass panel from the bathroom overlooks the bedroom however an electric blind maintains privacy. A range of quality toiletries is also available and replenished regularly.
Our bedroom also had both UK and EU electrical sockets. There is also a mini bar with expected price list, complimentary in-room safe. There is also a turn-down service each evening when any used towels are also changed and chocolates left on your pillow which we always find to be a nice touch. Complimentary WIFI is available throughout the hotel and access details provided to us at check-in.
We received an invitation to the weekly Management Cocktail Party for new guest arrivals which gave us the opportunity to meet and chat to the hotel General Manager and his team.
There is a choice of restaurants available;
Roxanes-open for dinner between 18.30 and 21.30. Although self service it doesn`t feel like it with Quentin and the team being extremely helpful and attentive. A good selection of dishes available which would suit all tastes and several theme nights are experienced each week.
The Speciality restaurants include:
Garibaldi Italian Restaurant, Kiku Japanese Restaurant and the Limanaki restaurant which serves traditional Greek food. Not all the restaurants were open during our stay although the Garibaldi was extremely popular with guests saying how good it was.
All guests on either HB+ or FB basis are allowed to visit each of the speciality restaurants once during each week of the stay at no extra charge.
Breakfast and Lunch are taken in the Café Royale with breakfast available between 7am-10.30am with both inside or outside seating. It did get quite busy around 9am each morning although never felt under any pressure to rush breakfast with plenty of tables available. A good selection of both hot and cold dishes available.
The hotel operates a very good sunbed allocation system whereby the beds and umbrellas are allocated at the start of your holiday by the Pool Attendant with your room number attached to the umbrella. Striped towels are placed in your room for use at both the pool and the beach and replaced daily.
We noticed that there was a Little Monsters Kids Club in the hotel which offers supervised activities for young children. Both daytime and evening activities are organised by the Kanika All Stars who always appeared enthusiastic. Evening entertainment was centred around the Limanaki Tavern although piano music was sometimes played in the Roxanes restaurant during dinner. The Alexander Bar is close to reception and very popular.
The Pool Bar is open throughout the day and we enjoyed the light snacks and drinks on several occasions.
Paphos harbour is just a10 minute leisurely stroll along the promenade with the Alexander the Great Hotel being one of the closest to the Harbour area.
The hotel also appears popular as a wedding venue with at least one taking place during our holiday.
The Alexander the Great has undergone a complete renovation in the last couple of years and we were extremely pleased with the high standards achieved by the General Manager and his team. Many guests are repeat visitors which speaks volumes.
My wife and I look forward to returning to the hotel for another wonderfully relaxing holiday, Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus