“Location Wrong on Map”

Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was nearly put off booking this hotel as the location shown on the tripadvisor map is inland. However after a bit of research and reading feedback it is actually on the seafront and in a very good location for everything you need from Paphos. I have informed TripAdvisor so hopefully they will update their map now but I am still surprised no one has mentioned this either from the hotel or in reviews? I have booked and look forward to visiting this summer.

Room Tip: Sea View looks the best view you can get anywhere in Paphos
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Terry S
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

Thank you taking the time to contact Trip Advisor on our behalf, we too have informed them in the past and are awaiting the location being rectified.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel this summer.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,705)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have just returned from a first-time trip to Cyprus and think *I discovered one of the best hotels on the island. Having recently been refurbished I have to say the whole experience was excellent. The staff were very helpful, the food was excellent, with an amazing range of dishes and the entertainment each night was a pure delight. The only negative point was my room which was quite small compared to some of the other rooms. Luckily I was travelling solo, it would have been a tight fit for a couple. However it was spotlessly clean. I would return here if I venture to Cyprus in the future.

Room Tip: My corner room on the west side was small
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
8  Thank jstevenson99
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality.

Your views about the hotel staff being very helpful, the excellent food and the delightful entertainment are most appreciated by all of the team here.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

What a fabulous hotel in every way. The interior is tastefully decorated and has gorgeous bedrooms with comfy beds, balcony and I had the luxury of a full sea view. There were plenty of large fluffy towels including a huge beach/swimming towel included also. There was a maid service in the evening to replenish towels, turn down the beds and leave chocolates on your pillow-a lovely touch. The food was amazing and of excellent quality and offered plenty of choice. There is resident entertainment team offering activities during the day and superb varied and professional evening entertainment in the bar.
The staff are so well trained and helpful in every way. They are all immaculately dressed at all times with a smile and cannot do enough to help you. The manager of this hotel was around and could be contacted personally regarding any issues. There was a weekly cocktail party to meet the manager in person and he was seen around the hotel throughout my week there - again a great idea.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk along a lovely promenade to the harbour where there are shops and cafes.
I recommend this hotel to people of all ages- you will be well catered for and come away feeling part of a great friendly family.

Room Tip: Choose a full sea view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank parkyp

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that we have lived up to your holiday expectations. That you enjoyed the tastefully decorated, gorgeous bedroom with pool towels supplied, the amazing food, and that you found the staff to be helpful at all times.

Our entertainments team the Kanika All Stars will be pleased that they have been mentioned.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Another great experience. this time I was with the rest of the family!!! nice room with great view!!! We had the Western BBQ buffet for diner which was great!!! my kids loved the sweets!!!!!
Breakfast was majestic as always!
Finally my wife and kids had launch at the bar!!! they were exited by the quality and size of the portions!!!!
thank you again for everything!

Room Tip: make sure you check the ancient tombs!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Giorgos E

Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the great view from your room and that you found the food and in particular the buffet breakfast and the Western BBQ to be to your liking

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Review of Alexander The Great Hotel
We stayed here in early December at a time when Cyprus had a severe cold spell but we still very much enjoyed the hotel. The food was excellent with a great choice. There was always a selection of at least 3 different meats at dinner and often more. I love to make a meal of samples of each together with the lovely sauces. The vegetables were reliable and tasty. The was always a lot of different sweet courses available and I would normally come away with more than one sample as I frequently couldn't make up my mind. The breakfast was ok but for me would be greatly improved with some back bacon, something that seems to be very rare in hotels abroad. The eggs I prefer to be cooked just before I eat them and to give the hotel its due there was a cook there ready to do just that if asked.
We were on full board and so also had a meal midday which we were happy with, both for quality and selection. If I were to make a request it would be for a wider selection of fruit to be available with meals but that may just be me and reflects how I eat at home.
Wifi was available in our bedroom and in the lounges. There were also computer terminals for guests to use free of charge. Wide access to wifi is essential to me, as I always take my tablet with me on holiday. To any hotel reading this please note, if no free wifi in all areas, then you won't find me around!
The hotel had recently been refurbished and was smart and clean. The staff were efficient and helpful.
There is a bus stop outside the hotel with a short ride down to the bus terminus from where one can travel widely.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea are worth the extra cosst
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank happy1210
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff being efficient and helpful, the hotel being clean and smart and the food being excellent with a great choice.

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards.

The whole team and I hope that we get to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 8 days over new year and found the hotel very relaxing. Great views so pay for a sea view. Half board, book the Garibaldi restaurant if you don't like buffets. Whilst the pool bar, Greek taverna and Japanese restaurant were shut, we can only imagine this would be a
Great summer destination. Very satisfied!

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Billy F
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted that you chose the Alexander for your New Year vacation and that you enjoyed the sea view and the Garibaldi Italian Restaurant.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wow! I can’t believe this hotel is only 4 stars. It should really be 5 stars and a good 5 stars as well.
Upon arrival, polite and friendly lad took our bags, great (looking and behaving) staff at the reception quickly checked us in, and then cold welcome drink waiting for us at the lounge. We go to out room, which was spotless, free fruit waiting for us there. The room had a huge smart TV (200+ channels, Russian, Cypriot, Arabic, Japanese, Asian, Persian, Italian, german, French, Italian, … …, never before had I seen such a selection). Furthermore, the TV was internet connected (for free) and you could directly play things like Angry Birds, access facebook etc, the TV looked like an Android tablet.
Did I mention free WIFI throughout the hotel with good reception? 7pm door knocks. Who is it? Why, the cleaner of course, asking to change our towels/take the trash out (they change TWICE a day).
Visited the SPA (open 8am-8pm) several times, which was included in the price. Nice indoor pool, great sauna and steam bath and also tried out the relatively well equipped gym. Everything was working. Every 20 min or so SPA staff would come in to check up on things. On Saturday, the SPA lady was adding aromatic oils to the sauna water bucket every 30 min or so. SPA toilets/showers were frequently cleaned.
Breakfast had a huge variety and most things were pretty tasty and everything was fresh. They even had a great selection of fresh spice. They also make their own bread every day.
We also had dinner there. Nice selection at Buffet, complimentary 1 drink and 1 bottle of water.
Entire hotel is newly refurbished and tastefully decorated.
Every member of staff at the hotel was speaking Greek.

2 small complaints, the hotel inside temp was very warm, we couldn’t sleep the first night, while the 2nd night we slept above the bed covers. Lots of old folks around on that day so maybe that’s why the heating was on the high side. The other complaint is that the parking space is limited, I actually had to park in a different, nearby, hotel on the 2nd night.

I forgot to mention that we had paid for a land view room, but asked through email and got a land/sea view room. We also had booked our dinner for our first night but asked and where allowed to switch to the 2nd night.

Like I said before. everything spotless, would and will go there again, first chance we get! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pan145
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your good comments regarding the polite,friendly and Greek speaking staff. Also for mentioning the 32 inch smart TV in all the rooms and the free WiFi through out the hotel. We are pleased you visited the Serenity Spa and that you liked the heated indoor pool, the sauna and steam rooms, the equipment in the gym and the added touch of the spa staff adding the aromatic oils to the sauna water. Also the buffet breakfast and the evening buffet in Roxane's Restaurant where you enjoyed the buffet and the local drink and bottle of water between two people.