“5 * Personal Service”

Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“5 * Personal Service”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A quality hotel that combines extensive renovation with traditional 5 * "Personal Service"

A consistent, warm and sincere "Personal Service" successfully delivered by all customer facing staff...quite exceptional...and rarely achieved in our experience within Europe.

An exceptionally well managed hotel. Quiet, effortless efficiency and from a team that are genuinely interested in doing their best for their guests from the porters to the General Manager.

The attention to the smallest details are impressive and if matters are not quite the way you want the matter is swiftly and courteously resolved.

We may have one or two key individuals that make our vacation time "special" but at ATG we have a list of key staff that we would now like to express our gratitude to:

Philippa - Guest Relations Manager
Emma - Head Hostess
Deep - Maitre d' - Garabaldi Restaurant
Raj - Maitre d' - Roxanne Restaurant
Samia & Marina - Reception
Rhianna - Kanika All Stars
Amanda - Bar Steward

An outstanding hotel we are highly recommending to family, friends, colleagues and reviewers.

The Ellis Family, N Yorks.

Room Tip: Sea View Room - west facing overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Steve E
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Ellis Family,

Warm greetings from Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your excellent comments about our staff and customer service. Especially the following staff that you have named, Philippa, Emma, Deep, Raj, Samia and Marina, Rhianna and Amanda. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and team work. I will make sure they all see your review and will also display it on our staff noticeboard.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We are actually staying here now! Our best holiday by far. The staff really are the best - nothing too much trouble. Always a smile and a friendly word.

Cleanliness is fabulous - towels twice a day as previous reviewers have said.

Pool bar staff are so friendly - always time for a friendly chat whilst you sample their great menu

Garibaldi Italian restaurant staff need a special mention - from your initial walk through the door to you leaving just the most amazing service throughout

Phillipa guest relations manager a big thank you for arranging our opera night at paphos fort and for the VIP entry to the canapés and drinks in the interval

We are as we said still here but already thinking of march 2014 and also September 2014 for a return

Well done all at the Alex

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Alison E
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel whilst you are still here!

All the hotel staff including the pool bar staff, Deep and his team at Garibaldi and Philippa will be delighted to see the review today, as we always put them on the staff noticeboard and highlight their names.

The whole team and I sincerley hope that you are having the best time on your holidays and as always if there is anything you need whilst you are here please let us know.
Liverpool
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Me and my partner have just returned home from a 10 night stay at ATG, and this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We paid for a sea view room which was worth every penny.

The rooms are modern and spotless and you have fresh beach towels every day. I cant really comment on the meaks as we were only B&B, but the breakfast choice was vast and thier crispy bacon was delicious :-)

The sunbed allocation system should be done by all hotels, as there was never any hassel, and you can change your spot if you want. We had a late flight and we spoke to the attendant in advance who let us have our sunbeds for the full day on our last day.

The pool bar service is second to none, you are never waiting long to be served and the enterainement team were very good, although as we were B&B we spent most of our evenings out.

Overall an we really enjoyed ATG and its friendly atmosphere and would definately stay again.

On a side note, nothing to do with the hotel, but if you are walking along the costal path at night, then be careful as there is little to no lighting from the hotel to the harbour

Room Tip: Sea View is worth the extra money, you wont be disappointed
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff, food and cleanliness of the hotel. I am also glad that the refurbishments also met with your approval.

I will personally pass on your comments to the waiters and the Kanika Allstars Lucy, Beth, Warren, Ollie and Rihanna who will be delighted to have been mentioned.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
London
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great reception, lots of helpful staff about and immediately helped with luggage on arrival.
We had 2 interconnecting rooms (111 & 113) overlooking the pool/sea. Would definitely recommend a sea view room (with a balcony), the others overlook the road (not terrible but no balconies either). Rooms were very well appointed, lovely furniture and superb quality beds and bedding, obviously very new. Bathrooms were great, nice showers, lots of storage and good towels.
The hallways were carpeted, a big bonus at night when it’s much quieter when people walk past your door! Hotel was always spotless, there were cleaning staff around all of the time and it smelt fresh everywhere.

A fantastic idea/setup was the reserved sunbed allocation. This meant that a certain sunbed was yours for the duration of your stay. No getting up at the crack of dawn to reserve it with a towel! We had 2 rooms (interconnecting) so got 4 beds, 2 for adults, 2 for kids but I understand if you share a room with your children they don’t get their own sunbed. Also, pool towels were supplied in the room, and changed each evening by the friendly housekeeping staff. No swapping them for a token etc. lovely!

I used the gym a few times, but it did get closed due to a leak. There were decent weights machines but no free weights and the treadmill was terrible.
Free Wifi around the whole hotel was great, no ‘nickel and dime’ setup and it didn’t drop out as much as many places I’ve been to. It was available in the rooms, gym, by the pool and everywhere you’d want it.

The entertainments team - Kanika All Stars were absolutely fantastic. Very professional, lots of fun and great shows. All of them had talent and the shows and costumes were put together excellently.
The kids club with Stacey & Tash was great fun, our 8 year old twin girls loved it there. It was clean, cool, modern and with great computers and fun photo apps etc. and they made lots of friends. Stacey and Tash had lots of patience and were caring as well as good fun, they can be highly recommended.

The hotel location was really good, opposite a few small shops and a 20 minute walk into Paphos town centre along the seafront. Lots of restaurants and bars in Paphos as well as the usual ‘holiday’ shops etc.
We also used the watersports company who are close by to the hotel, doing paragliding and the ‘crazy couch’, which was fun and the price was ‘as expected’!

Food was of a very good standard. Breakfast was excellent, good quality food, real fresh squeezed juice and good service again. We tried the buffet lunch but weren’t overly keen on that, selection was a bit too ‘heavy’ (after a large breakfast!) so we tended to order lighter snacks from the pool bar menu (salads, wraps, sandwiches) which were all very good.
Dinner buffet was always varied with good salads and plenty to choose from. I’m not the biggest fan of buffets but the restaurant setting was calm and nicely laid out. Carpet once again stopped any noise which may make it sound like a school canteen and only once did we experience a tantruming child! Each room were given a bottle of water and you could also have a glass of wine or soft drink with the meal. There was also a decent and not too expensive wine list available.
We also tried the Japanese restaurant which was good for a change, a nice location on the seafront and again very good service. The Italian (adults only) option was very good food, especially the starter selection and a nice small cosy environment. The Taverna was also nice, but make sure you wear elasticated clothing, portions were enormous, you basically get everything from the menu!

We felt the hotel was very well run, there were enough staff around at all times to make your stay easy and stress-free (bars, food service, cleaning, reception). They certainly haven’t cut corners in this area, which makes a big difference to our holidays. Long may it continue, and we will be back (soon I hope!), and I’d certainly consider another Kanika hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Take a sea view room, much quieter, plus a balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kiri18
Dear Reviewer,

Warm greetings from Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff, customer service, food, cleanliness of the hotel, the sunbed allocation system, the free Wifi, Kiku the Japanese, Garibaldi the Italian, Limanaki the Cypriot tavernand especially Stacey, Tasha and the Kanika Allstars.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel from the end of august to the first week in september and wished we stayed longer. The facilities and the service we recieved was first class, our room was spotless and was reguarly cleaned and topped up with fresh towels daily with complimentary chocolates which was a nice touch. Food was of excellent choice and variety. Pool areas was very nice and relaxing with allocated sunloungers which again was a very good touch. A special mention must go to valentin and one of your reception staff for the handling of a private matter between me and my girlfriend, they handled the situation well and me and my girlfriend appreciate what they did for us. All in all this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in and we recommend anyone who books paphos for a holiday must stay here. My girlfriend works for a travel agents and she will definately recommend this hotel for her customers who wish to book a holiday to cyprus.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that we have lived up to your holiday expectations.

Valentin and the reception will be pleased that they have been mentioned. Thank you also for the reviewing the facilities and services, mentioning the turn down service and of course our staff.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went to Alexander the Great for our holiday this year and also got married in the hotel as well, this by far is the best holiday we have ever had. Not only because we got married and all our dreams for that day came true but the hotel and staff it's self we're amazing, so friendly and helpful, nothing was to much effort. Can't wait to return some day soon.

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must :)
1 Thank Jodie T
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality.

We are glad to see that your wedding day was memorable and that we have managed to make your day perfect. Your comments have already been shared with all the team members concerned and will motivate them even more to keep up the excellent work.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.

Wishing you once more congratulations and all the best for your new start together as husband and wife.
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 week in August, all I can say is it was it was not long enough. The hotel is fantastic, clean and beautiful. The Rooms are lovely. The staff are amazing and always friendly and very helpful. The cocktails are also very very good. The pools were amazing and the views are fantastic. You are allocated your sun bed on arrival and it is yours for your stay which I think is a great idea and they have enough for everyone.
The food is fabulous the Italian and the Japanese are a must you are in for a real treat when you visit them. Breakfast is fab and they cook all the eggs fresh and they will even cook you an omelette if you prefer. You have to visit this hotel to realise just how fabulous it is. My guess is it will be 5 star next year but I hope not as the price will probably go up and I won't be afford to be able to go back. Special thanks must go to Philippa the Guest Relations Manager who was very kind to us and very helpful before our trip and whilst we were there. It is also in a great location 10 min walk to the harbour. It really was our best holiday ever a truly wonderful experience. The one thing I would mention is if you want a sea view room make sure you have booked and paid for it as we paid over £2000 for 1 week and we were not entitled to one, although we did get half a sea view. This was not the fault of the hotel this is a beef I have with Thomas Cook. Marc and Sarah Swann Camberley

Room Tip: make sure if you want a sea view room you pay for it and book it prior to arrival.
1 Thank sarah s s
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Marc and Sarah,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff, food,cleanliness of the hotel, allocated sunbed system, the restaurants in particular Garibaldi the Italian and Kiku the Japanese. I shall also show your review to the staff and Philippa our Guest Relations Manager.

Looking forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.