“My first time but definitely not my last!”
Review of Helios Bay Hotel

Helios Bay Hotel
Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“My first time but definitely not my last!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

An oasis of quiet about 20 mins between the busy, big hotels of Paphos Harbour and Coral Bay but with a regular bus service from just outside the entrance to both areas.The views are stunning with easy access to the sea if you want a change from the well maintained pool. Run by an excellent team of family members and staff where nothing is too much trouble to ensure you have a pleasant stay - personal service all the way, even to seeing us off when we left. Apartments are cleaned and serviced with towels and sheets regularly and at your convenience and the communal areas and grounds are spotless. Loved the three pin electric plug system and free wifi in reception! A selection of eating places and a couple of mini markets and a bakery are within easy walking distance if you don't wish to eat in the pool bar or wish to take a bus trip to a bigger supermarket. The Monday night BBQ has excellent catering and even the younger family members came to help (and dance!). Thank you Nicos and staff, our holiday this year was made so special:)

Room Tip: Each 'side' has advantages so suggest for your first visit you take pot luck because I think...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lyn P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Though my wife has been visting this hotel since she was a little girl I myself have only been travelling with her for the past few years and I love this hotel.

Contry to the review I have just read I think this hotel is in a fantastic location, right on the beach with a bus stop with a regular and reliable service just outside. Also the review says the hotel is 30-40 mins from the harbour. I have never found this to be the case. I would say it is 20 mins max on a busy day. I would say you could be at the airport in 30-40 mins never mind the harbour. There arnt many hotels with the fantastic beach location helios bay has for the same price.

The hotel itself us incredibly well maintained and the rooms are spotlessly clean and always kept to a high standard. Maid service is regular and towels and linens are changed frequently.
The Monday night bbq is a must and the fantastic family cooked and prepared food is delicious! Prices at the snack bar are very good and there is a good choice on the menu with large portion sizes.
I cant say ive seen a sign saying the breakfast was full English. Its infact a continental buffet style which has always seemed appetising.
The thing that I love most about this hotel is the staff. Nicos is a fabulous manager who works so hard and deserves alot of credit for this hotel. When I go I truly feel at home and part of a family. All the stafd soeak to you in passing and work so hard to keep this hotel up to an exceptional standard. I would never hesitate and all I can say is one stay a year just inst enough!

4 Thank Andrew I
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

An excellent family hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The manager lead from the front and gave personal attention to each guest. The hotel has a lovely landscape with a beautiful view of its private beach. We stayed for 10 days & really enjoyed each and every day. Nice restaurants in the vicinity and a bus stop across the road.

hull england
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Just returned from my stressful holiday at this hotel not the restful holiday i needed nor at what other reviewers call a good location however i agree staff were good. the location is not ideal being long way from major restaurants and night life bus ride to the harbour was 30-40 mins and uncomfortable. The breakfast offered full English but served frankfurter sausages several days infact no resemblance to English cuisine. I find it hard to believe that we were at the same hotel as your reviewers and i would not return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sharpy_12
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Have just returned from my 2nd stay at this wonderfully welcoming family run hotel. Returned (yesterday!) from a 5 night stay with my daughter & almost 2yr old grandson. cant praise the staff enough. Clean, value for money, great location. but above all - The Staff were brilliant, polite & very helpful. Very well run by Lucas & Nicos. Cant wait till my next trip.

Room Tip: This time i stayed in a spacious 2 bed villa, just outside the main hotel (2mins walk) - well worth...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
durham
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I've been travelling to paphos for years now and ALWAYS stay at the Helios bay. It's like going home for me!
There are so many positives about this hotel that I could go on and on, but ill give you the basics! .... It's family run therefore small enough to care about its guests, Nicos does an amazing job running the hotel, he or he's bother Loucas are always there to provide assistance if needed. I don't know when they sleep!
We just returned from paphos last night and I am already missing the Helios :( we stayed in a studio with a full sea view and it was beautiful! The room was always kept clean by the maids and we always had plenty of clean towels and linens where excellent! It's a very peaceful hotel and great if you want to get away from it all. It's also brilliantly located for you to get out and see paphos and further a field. We have done so much this holiday, drove to ayia Napa and protaras, visited the troodos mountains and went on boat trips and we where always happy to get back 'home' after a busy day! As far as I'm concerned there is no negitives to this hotel other than the fact you have to leave it! ..... Well done Nicos and Loucas you do an amazing job! Thanks for another wonderful holiday!

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently spent 10 days at Helios in a 1 bedroom apt with a sea view. It's well worth getting a sea view for the beautiful sunsets from the balcony.

Apartment was spacious and clean with reasonable amenities. Very peaceful throughout the night and even with kids playing in the pool in the morning very little noise was heard in the room which was great. It would have been good if wifi had been available free in the rooms, rather than at an additional fee. It's only free in reception which isn't the nicest place to spend much time.

Pool area was nice with plenty sun beds, although a few too many kids for our taste so was a bit noisy at times.

Location wise it was perfect for us as it's in a really peaceful location which we wanted and it was really easy to jump on a bus (1.50 euro single or 15 euro for a 7 day pass) to Coral Bay in one direction (10 mins) or Paphos harbour in the other (15mins) for tonnes of shops, restaurants and bars.

Overall I would recommend these apartments for those looking for a nice family-friendly holiday away from the main tourists area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple