Helios Bay Hotel
  • Pool
Hotel St. George(Chlorakas)
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)
View Hotel
All reviewssienna restaurantpool barweekly bbqpoppadomssea viewbbq nightbus stopself cateringsmall beachrelaxing holidayair conone bedroom apartmentsecond homebus serviceday passnothing is too much troublepatio doors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I just wanted to support other reviewers who have had nothing but good to say about this hotel!

I myself have been staying at the Helios for years! I first went with my mother and father many years ago, since then I've been many times including June/July this year with my husband.

I have reviewed the Helios before but having read a few recent previous reviews I felt the need to respond. I would Like to point out the following, the following, Helios bay does not portray itself as a 5 star all signing all dancing hotel, what you can expect is a hotel in a good location that's right on the beach with stunning views and well maintained gardens!
The hotel is a a prime location to explore paphos, not slap bang in the main town yet not so far out that you feel isolated, its in easy reach of the harbour, Kato town, kitima, polis and latchi and coral bay.

The rooms are keep very very clean and the maids are lovely, we had a little Cypriot last who was very pleasant and hard working, the rooms are simple tradional Greek style and serve there purpose, I found the beds very comfortable and the flat screen 37 inch LCD tv was far more than we expected for a self catering apartment, my husband was very impressed as he's into he's technology.

As for a reviewer saying about ants? ... Sorry but you are in a hot country? And thats to be expected. They are harmless and not a problem to get rid of. I feel that's typical of a county with a climate such as Cyprus.

I would also like to comment on the management nicos and Lucas, two brothers who have ran this hotel as long as I can remember! Nothing and I mean nothing is too much for them, I know whilst on holiday if there is anything I need I can go to them and they will help, which is comforting when you are in a foreign holiday. Nicos even sorted our car hire out with a local firm, the car we got was safe and reliable.
I would also like to point out that the photos in brochures etc are true to what the hotel looks like today and they are not old photos, I've been travelling to this hotel since 1992 and I know the changes and improvements that have happened at the hotel, they are clear to see.

Also th Monday night BBQ is great! The food is home cooked and lovely! There's a real family feel at the BBQ night and a very relaxed atmosphere! The desserts served are to die for!

To me this place will always be a home away from home, we where only home four weeks and have already booked again for next year.... And we cannot wait!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank louise3durham
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at the Helios Bay, staff very friendly and helpfull, views from our apartment were stunning looking out over the manicured lawn to the sea. Good food served at he pool bar, pool itself was very clean with plenty of loungers available. Would return again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 29, 2012

just read review by beckswelch who told them this was a four star hotel its not its better than that run by the same family fore many years it is not a big all singing and dancing hotel but you will be looked after by nicos and lukas so they went to the front desk and asked fore ant powder
the maintenence man would of come and done it fore them did they leave food in the kitchen?
this is a small hotel great service fantastic views great room rates not four star rates and yes the furnishing is greek not plush but how long do you stay in your room on holiday and by the way they missed a great BBQ all the greek food you can eat plus greek dancing all fore 13 euro
we look forward to returning next year

Room Tip: any sea view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dingobodmincornwall
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We felt totally de-flated upon arrival at this hotel after seeing the pictures online. The pictures shown are quite clearly from when the hotel was first opened and not a true reflection of how the hotel looks today. It has quite clearly been run into the ground with no money invested in Maintenence. The sofa in our room had cigarette burns in it, the curtains had holes in them, the showers by the pool were in major need of de-scaling and the gym equipment other than the weights may as well not have been there, the bikes & cross trainers broken, no air conditioning either just a fan, and the sauna empty and abandoned. Can't knock the bar staff although had a different experience when approaching the front desk. We arrived back from a day out to find ants crawling from the kitchen, through the bedroom and out onto the patio which I can fully accept but when I went to the front desk to ask for ant killer, after conversation between the manager and the girl on reception I was told they would bring it LATER...it wasn't until I said we wanted it now that the manager got up to get it...he wasn't rude but made me feel an inconvenience by asking. We didn't try the BBQ night so can't comment but it seemed no one really stayed at the hotel in the evenings whilst we were there and instead made the most of paphos town and the marina. The bar in the reception area I didn't see used at all. Maid service was good and pool was clean, this hotel just wasnt what we were expecting to arrive to tho...

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Have ust arrived home after another great stay at the Helios. Rooms and public areas are kept clean by the hard working maids. Nicos and all the staff (maids, bar staff and reception) are very friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble. You can relax by the pool or in the pristinely maintained gardens, Sienna and Agui are very good restaurants making for an excellent and relaxing stay. We are already planning next years trip there.

Trevor & Jean

Room Tip: Top floors room 3xx have best views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple