My Partner and I stayed at the Athena Beach, at the end of August and the first week in September. Both of us had, never been to Cyprus before, but had lots of friends, tell us how lovely a place it was.
We had usually booked an apartment for our holidays,so thought we would try something different and book a hotel. Our travel agent recommended the Athena Beach and we were so pleased with her choice. On arrival we were up graded, to a delux bedroom, why we still do not know, but didn't question this, as we were just so happy with what they gave us. We had booked a superior room with seaview and our room was this plus another room, that was used as a sitting room. So we had two bathrooms and two televisions ! My partner was most pleased as one of the channels was, Sky Sports ,which we don't have at home ! The rooms were very spacious and clean and the air conditioning was a dream, as the temperature outside ,was very hot and it stayed like that for our whole 2 weeks ,so no complaints there.
The rooms are equiped with a full size fridge, so very handy for keeping water , soft drinks and beer in and there was also a kettle so you could always have tea or coffee when you wished. The rooms are cleaned every day and I like the idea that they don't change the towels every day, but ask you in various notices in the bathroom, if you wished to have clean towels or not, all to do with the environment ! There was also two balconies not that we sat out on them often ,as through the day was too hot and usually we were out in the evenings, but there to enjoy the beautiful views of the wonderful pool areas and the lovely sea views ! definately upgrade to a sea view ,as looking out to the main road and car park at the front isn't great ?
The sunbeds were a plenty so you never had to rush out in the morning to get a bed although you still have the odd few that had to be down at 7am !! to book there spot. we always sat on the lovely grass area as we could just sit and relax and watch the sea with the many activities that went on around us. There is a pool bar area where food is served but we never bothered as we were usually too full up after breakfast !
The hotel provided us with a wonderful breakfast every morning the choice is amazing and I think we sampled everything we liked in two weeks ! It is self serve ,so you can eat, as much as you want. The staff are there to remove all you dirty plates etc, so you always had room for the next plate ! There was also the choice to sit outside, for breakfast which we did. We only ate in the restaurant once in the evening and again the choice, is fantastic, but we just felt that there was too much choice outside the hotel ,to waste each night in the hotel.
The Hotel is well situated ,a short walk away , there is an assortment of different restaurants, which we sampled a few those being ,Plaka traditional Greek/Cypriot food, Opus and Sunbow ,we had the set menu here, which was great and the owner was great entertainment. There was also a few bars to sit outside in, we liked Nature Pub, this was also a restaurant and the staff there were always friendly good cocktails to !
A bus ride away then takes you down to the harbour, where there is lots going on and a huge variety of bars and restaurants , we went to a few ,The Imperial Chinese on the main road down, was lovely, but my advice woud be to share a meal, as they give you loads to eat ! We also ate at New Delhi Palace, also on the main road and you must try, The Pelican down by the harbour where the star of the show, is actually a real Pelican which amused everyone ! One night we actually had Scampi and Chips at a place called Moulia it was really nice to, this place was just along the road from the crocodile pub it was just like a real Fish and Chip shop !
If you are Young, Old or have family this hotel will suit everyone and it proved to be a popular hotel for Weddings, we saw four when we were there, so it is obviously very popular, for these occasions.
My only negative would be, that Cyprus isn't cheap, we found eating out and drinks expensive ,actually it was like being back in the UK, trips were expensive to, we only did a few, but would hire a car or jeep next time and do the trips ourselves and there is lots to see around the island. So we have to rate this hotel highly and we would come back here again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos