2,996 results
All reviewsnectar barzephyr restaurantleda restaurantsea viewatrium restaurantsuperior roompremium packageplenty of sunbedsconstantinou brosgreek nightlovely hotela la carte restaurantslarge hotelbeach towelsbeach barlong trousershalf board
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Please look at other review left.

Also witnessed awful fatality on beach . NO lifeguard present when fatality was brought from water and CPR started.Do not stay here if you want beach location. Very very dangerous. Do an internet search not first time on this beach. Have written to tour operator but no guarantees given on how the safety issue will be addressed. Have resorted to writing on here as can not wait in case something else happens. Sure other hotels would put safety of guests before selling a beach setting or at very least having own life guard! Appalling.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
5  Thank jvwilson10
Reviewed September 15, 2017

On arrival we found the room set up as a twin room. Asked for this changing to a double this was done straight away the only trouble was it was 3 days before we could make anyone understand we required a double quilt not 2 singles!! It was the cleaner that eventually sorted it reception staff certainly couldn't . The room also had a damp odour. The food and drinks were good. You do pay a lot of money to stay at this hotel on an all inclusive package and don't expect people to be sat in their swim wear with towels scattered all over at 11.00 at night rowdy and falling down stairs drunk.This was just one group of people . We also witnessed someone else staggering around the pool area one day using foul language .These may be one off incidents but my father visited in May and security had to be called at 12 at night to a wedding party that was getting out of hand. I am all for people enjoying themselves but you don't expect this kind of behaviour. On the upside always plenty of sunbeds but you need to get up at the crack of dawn for beds near the poolside we preferred the grassed area so no problem. The entertainment is very poor but plenty of bars just outside the hotel. Staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jean M
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel in so many ways. Well located with lovely pools and gardens. Staff generally very helpful always willing to go the extra mile.
There are a number of suggestions for improvement I would make.
Management of nectar bar- Some times had to wait ages in the evening to be served with staff saying they had a new system which seemed to be around some people bringing drinks, others ordering and others dealing with payment. Confusing and slow.
Music and entertainment - quality of acts could be improved with the same middle of the road entertainment every night. One of the acts was a couple who were out of tune or inaudible at times. Even if management is appealing to a certain age bracket I think that the entertainment could do with a refresh.
On the whole however I would go back over and over!! Just hoping management will listen.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jules522013
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Although I have visited Cyprus many times, this was my first stay at Athena Beach.
On arrival it was discovered that the travel company I had booked with had not requested a sea view room for me.
This was NOT the fault of the hotel and they did all they could to try and put it right, however because the hotel was full there were no sea view rooms available I was given a limited sea view room.
The first room I was put in, was not good and although the room itself was adequate, this ended when you walked out onto the balcony and had a view of the wall and looked down on the service entrance for Lorries etc for the two hotels!. I was told that there were no other rooms available for two nights,, however, there would be another one I could have at this point if I wanted to wait until then. As it appeared I had no other choice as even trying to pay for a substantial upgrade was proving fruitless I waited.
After two nights I was shown to another limited sea view room and this was much better. The reception staff (Stella) were very good and sorted out the problem to my satisfaction.
The hotel is spotless and the food is delicious and varied, there are so many options on where you may choose to eat.
The pools are perfectly situated and there are plenty of sun beds.
The only negative I found was the manager of the Helios beach bar, I found him to be rude,dismissive and I watched as he appeared to have his favourites...I should add at this point that they were people that weren't all inclusive and were paying cash as they
went along. Call me synical but I'm guessing he thought it meant more tips. That is a huge mistake from my point of view as although I myself was all inclusive, I always tip at the end of my holiday...on this occasion the money I had allocated for him was given else where.
I very much enjoyed my stay at the Athena Beach and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay for a sea view room...avoid the limited sea view on the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank whitby2217
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Me and my partner visited the hotel for a week at the start of September 2017.
We were all inclusive in a superior room.
The hotel is rated as a 4 star hotel, however in my opinion it’s a standard 3 star hotel and nothing more.
I’ve visited numerous all inclusive hotels and this does not compare to other 4 star hotels visited.
Some of the reasons behind this are;
Strictly average Food if not below – this being the main reason.
Only non-alcoholic refills in mini bar
Only 2 al-a-carte reservations per stay
24 hour reservation on restaurants
Cats roaming around the tables during meals – not a problem for us but some might be put off by this.
Hotel décor needs updating
The positive things the hotel has going for it are;
Very well laid out
Plenty of sun loungers spare during our stay
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful
Very clean
Two pool side bars.
The main reason I’m leaving this review is because of the sea and how dangerous the beach/rocks are in front of THIS hotel.
During our stay we tragically witnessed a serious incident on the rocks outside the hotel.
I wont go into details of the incident for obvious reasons but if you are planning on going to this hotel then please be extra vigilant of the dangers of swimming in this section of the sea.
I think the hotel need to do more in advertising ALL the incidents that have happened in front of their hotel over the last 18 months! They also need to do more to prevent it from re-occurring.
I know the sea cannot be controlled however the equipment & training of people around it can be. There can also be plans in place in the event of emergency that would help the situation.
It would also be helpful to communicate the dangers of the sea on their beach to all guest on arrival to ensure that its in the forefront of their mind during their stay.
This could include information on hide & low tide times, location of emergency equipment, emergency phone numbers, life guard working hours and where to find them, use of the floating pontoon walkway and more importantly when not to use them (E.G when the barriers are up).
These are just some of the really simply and free ways of improving safety that the hotel should be doing.
In my opinion there are plenty of hotels close to Pathos and I would consider all hotels before booking this one.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple