We stayed here in August and boy was it hot!!! The air con in the hotel is not the best and won't work unless you put the key in the slot so if you have been out for the day you come home to an oven. The hotel and staff are lovely though and the public areas very clean and the food very acceptable considering they are catering for so many. The only downside I would say is that the waiting staff are too keen to empty the dining room at closing time , for example there was a candle lit dinner evening and we were sat outside finishing our bottle of wine when the waitress came along and said "do you mind" and took the candle away! its the same every night and we felt a little rushed. The hotel have a happy hour and you must try the Mojito's -- absolutely divine. Another thing is to go out and watch the sunset from the beach it is a beautiful sight before having a drink in the beach bar before dinner. Another point to mention... don't book any trips through Thomson, I went on the day trip to Cairo and through Thomson the cost was 294 euro, so I went into Paphos and booked the same trip for 209 euro, when the bus picked us up we were all on the same coach and same trip but I had saved a lot of money, by the way if you want to see the pyramids etc , please go on this trip it is superbly organised , every minute of the day was amazing even though I had to get up at 5.30 am and didn't get back until midnight it was truly a day to remember .
I would go back to Athena but maybe at a different time of year as August is far too hot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos