$302
$291
$221
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

$300
$348
Annabelle(Paphos)
$375
Bookcyprus.com
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$121
$117
  • Pool
$416
$175
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

$241
$199
Priceline
2,942 results
All reviewsnectar barzephyr restaurantleda restaurantsea viewatrium restaurantsuperior roompremium packageplenty of sunbedsconstantinou brosgreek nightlovely hotela la carte restaurantslarge hotelbeach towelsbeach barhalf boardwedding planner
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Good standard of hotel, not 4* but definitely a good 3*. Tired (needs a refit) but facilities, staff & food made up for it. Good situation and restaurants locally - 2nd best area in Paphos- see Paphos review.
Spoilt by wedding events (3+ a day) and behavior of the wedding parties, who stay at the hotel for the hen & stag parties and the wedding. Bad side of being British.
Couldn't recommend the hotel to friends as they would want a quiet holiday, as did we. Sorry Athena Beach.

1  Thank Keith M
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Was really looking forward to staying at the hotel after the good reviews. We went for a wedding which turn out next door at the Ledra Beach.
We got shown to our room which we faced a wall, not a good start. As we walked along the corridor there was sick on the floor, not cleaned up correctly. Second day I went into the bathroom and shut the door only for a 8 foot metal ceiling fall down onto my shoulder. The manager said that he would said maintenace to fix it, we have to STRESS we wanted to move. Awful experience and wasted a day of our holiday moving and seeking medical advice.
The food was awful buffet style which doesnt suit everyone, but the salads werent fresh and everything looked old. For the whole week we ate chips, the only nice thing! (Believe I love my food!!) The staff were always rushing you out, we went to get pudding and walked back to our table and it was set for breakfast!
The drinks were so expensive six slush puppies the ice drinks £28! Two normal drinks £11 - make sure you take a loan out before going to the hotel.

2  Thank Emily123Derbyshire
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We visited the Athena Beach Hotel in Cyprus from 7th to 14th June for my daughter’s wedding. I had initially been sceptical about their decision to marry in Cyprus but after months of worrying about whether it would be too hot, whether the dress would get there, whether she should wear her hair up or down etc etc (!!) it all came together on the day and I think everyone enjoyed themselves – I know I did!

Unfortunately we didn’t have blue sky and sea for the wedding photos. The wedding wasn’t till 4.00 pm and the sky had clouded over by then, but if it had been 41ºC like it was a couple of days later, we would all have melted!! The beach is pretty ropey and the grass rather patchy so it’s not as idyllic a setting as it could have been, but the sunsets were amazing and the sunset photos absolutely stunning.

On the first day of our holiday we walked along the front into Paphos – it wasn’t a very picturesque walk, not helped by partly-built hotels - the recession has hit the building trade over there and building work was at a standstill.

A few people had told me Paphos has a lovely harbour but I was disappointed with it, probably because I was expecting it to be like Pythagorio in Samos or Skiathos Town … and it wasn’t. There were loads of stalls between the pavement and the sea so you didn’t even get a view of the harbour as you approached it.

I had hoped to visit the Troodos mountains but Thomson only ran a trip to the monastery there and I didn’t want to do that. My daughter had done a 4x4 trip up the mountains on her previous visit and recommended it to us. However, this year Thomson weren’t offering that. Someone I spoke to at the hotel had booked this trip with a tour company in Paphos for half the price the UK tour companies were charging, but it had been a dreadful experience; it was so bad that a family of 4 paid €100 for a taxi back to their hotel as their children had been sick. UK tour companies might charge twice as much but presumably they vet the drivers carefully and you are better looked after. If we do visit Cyprus again though, I will be taking my driving licence so I can explore the island, as they drive on the left side of the road like we do.

We had taken our snorkelling equipment with us on this holiday. However, my partner went snorkelling several times and didn’t see anything special so I didn’t bother having a go. We also took our beach shoes as I’d been warned it’s very rocky to go in the sea from the beach; however, we didn’t use them as we walked along the blue ‘caterpillar’ pontoon and went in from the steps at the end – be aware though, you will be out of your depth there. Also, be careful of the current as my daughter was surprised by it when she tried to swim back to the pontoon one day.

I’m aware this is starting to sound like a negative review but as regards the hotel, it is very friendly, very clean and there are plenty of sunbeds – those around the gardens are well spaced out. There are several friendly tabby cats and there is a place in the hotel grounds where you can feed the cats – I can’t remember now where it was, but it wasn’t the restaurant!

My daughter had warned me that I might feel our room was a bit ‘dated’ but I was very pleasantly surprised – it was ideal for us and had a great sea view.

The food in the hotel was excellent – just as well we were only there for a week as the full-fat yoghurt with peaches and honey, and pancakes with lemon and sugar I was having for breakfast every day would soon have started to tell on my waistline! I was surprised there were no Danish pastries for breakfast but with the yoghurt and pancakes, it’s probably just as well there weren’t, otherwise I’d have been well bloated for the flight back!! There were dolmades on our first night at the hotel but I only had two as I thought there’d be on the buffet every night; unfortunately they didn’t appear again – so if you’re a dolmades fan like me, have half a dozen as you might not see them again! The meats were excellent too and there was a choice of two meats on the carvery each night as well as the meat and fish in the buffet. There is also a ‘Chinese’ section but that was at the far end of the buffet and our plates were always overflowing by the time we got there so we didn’t sample those dishes!

Men are asked to wear long trousers in the restaurant. The restaurant opens for the evening meal at 6.30 pm and it is suggested you avoid the peak time between 7.00 pm and 8.00 pm. You are shown to a table but you can request a table outside if you prefer. We always eat outside given the chance and couldn’t understand why some people chose to sit inside – that’s great for us though as it gives us more tables to choose from!

I don’t normally have cocktails on holiday as when I have in the past they’ve been very disappointing, but here the Blue Lagoon and Tequila Sunrise were spot on!

We booked our holiday with Thomson and I’d just like to mention here that the flights were pretty unbearable. There was very little legroom and my partner struggled with his long legs. Also, the food on the flight was absolutely disgusting. I am not normally fussy but I took one look at the breakfast and felt ill – there were two mounds of yellow with a sausage in the middle – I suspect one mound was egg of some sort and the other was mash – mash for breakfast?!! Even my partner, who will eat anything, couldn’t eat it. Unbelievably, on the return flight we were served two sausages and mash with veg – I did ‘pick’ at the veg and mash but no way was I going to attempt the sausages – ughhh! We will not be paying for in-flight meals again!!

To sum up the hotel and its management I couldn’t fault it. The staff here really are exceptional. [I will say though that the behaviour of some of the Brits at the hotel left a bit to be desired – made you ashamed to be British.] My partner was also very impressed with this hotel so I do think it’s something special!

1  Thank MaldivianAddict
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Bit disappointed in hotel itself to be honest, its massive. Our room was a std dble with sea views, it was clean a bit dated but had tea/coffee facilities and fridge, our fridge was used loads cos instead of buying food from the hotel as its so expensive we would buy baguettes and stuff from supermarket across the road and keep these in our fridge. The Hotel food at lunch was shocking, chips and hotdogs getting served still frozen. I also bought wee sneaky bicardi breezers for at the pool also cos there 5 euros 90 to buy from pool bar!!!! Was disappointed in tv channels, there was only sky news and sports (boring) The hotel does have beach but its small and rocky so never went near it to be honest. There is restraunts, bars all along the road when you come out of the hotel and swing a left, such good choices, all vary in price. The bus's which come every 15 mins can take you to the harbour - which has loads of restraunts, bars and a good selection of shops, it even has a Peacocks and a Debenhams. The Old Town - locals call the the market, is where, well, the market is, its indoor and cool, good if you got bored sitting by pool one day. Then there's Coral beach - which is a lovely beach if you wanted a change of scenery to sunbathe. My fav places to go where Rib Shack, Chloe's and Splash (karioke bar). Oh! and if get chance go on the Wave Dancer one night, that was super even tho you need to sit next to strangers. After a few they dont become stangers anymore i'll tell you. Over all Cyprus is fab!

Reviewed June 16, 2009

Have stayed in various hotels in Paphos. We were particularly looking forward to staying in this hotel, after reading reports, and seeing this hotel built.

Room was very acceptable, very clean, fridge appeared to be relatively new.
However, the food left a lot to be desired. Evening meal seemed to consist of mainly casseroled meals - but having said that there was grilled steak on one night - that really ought to have been casseroled - I'm glad I had my own teeth.

On another more serious note, which we brought to the attention of the Tour Operator, was the frequent wedging open of fire doors. Despite the Tour Operator bringing this to the hotel's attention the practice of wedging open the doors continued throughout our stay. Also, one on the fire exit signs on the first floor pointed to one of the bedrooms.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple