Stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month to attend a wedding. The entire wedding party had been transferred as a result of the Azia Blue being leased out to Canadian troops, although the wedding was still held at the Azia. Actually had a result in being transferred as the Athena's location is much better and is considerably nearer to the airport and the harbour. Paphos has changed very much since we last visited it 13 years ago, with the Athena one of several quality beach front 4* hotels along side each other, all of which are a 20 to 30 minute stroll to the harbour areaa.
Room (001 - ground floor terrace) was very good, well furnished and the view of the sea was outstanding. Stayed on a bed & breakfast basis , which was fine with a very good selection of food, with pancakes, omelettes and eggs cooked to order. The hotel staff were very friendly, in particular the younger reception personnel who seem to represent the high values of the owners (Constantinou Bros). The entire hotel is spotless, with very good facilities, although the bar prices were quite steep. Turn left out of the hotel and walk for about 5 minutes to an area where you will find cheaper bars (Pegasus and Crocodile) and good value restaurants (Rimini was very good).
Overall this hotel offers quality and excellent service and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Bookcyprus.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos