“Second stay within one year but happy to stay”

Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel
Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Budapest
“Second stay within one year but happy to stay”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and we enjoyed it again.
Good rooms, nothing posh but perfect price and pleasant stay. The beds are really good. Not all sea view rooms get a full view our was like this but at least the air was coming from so it was healthy salty.
WiFi is expensive (no free access even in the lobby) - € 12 for 240 min.
Food is excellent, wide variety and good quality.
Try to catch the Happy Hour - we always had a nice cocktail for half price - it really worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms and try to ask for a room over x25 (like 225) otherwise you will end up walki...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (935)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I are just back from a fabulous weeks holiday at this hotel and I have to say we were very impressed with the quality and staff. We booked through Travel Republic and was not sure what to expect from this 4* hotel but it certainly exceeded our expectations. I asked for a sea view and was not dissappointed the view was amazing. We only booked Bed n Breakfast and the food was excellent, there are plenty of places nearby to go for a meal, prices similar to what you would pay at home. We walked into the harbour everyday and had a coffee in Tea for Two where the staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: We were in room 121
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Margaret A
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My name is James R. me and my family went for holidays in Cyprus in August to celebrate our Uncles birthday. It was a nice trip Cyprus is wonderful.So we choose to say in athena hotel. Accommodation used as a base for a diving holiday. The accommodation is clean and tidy but is now dated.Dont ask the staff to put right a fault - shower didnt work and despite informing them 3 times myself it wasnt until the rep had a word was it made better although not properly repaired.If you are looking for a relaxing place for peace and quiet, this hotel isn't for you. It attracts mostly families with young children, in fact the vast majority of guests when I was there were families with children. There is no soundproofing in the rooms, which means you hear absolutely everything in the rooms next to you and also noise from the corridoors, you can even hear noise coming up from the swimming pool early in the morning.Pool areas were all high standard but beach a bit below par.Special thanks to Rosalinta our chambermaid, spoilt us from day one, with clean pool towels every day. Paphos was very nice with excellent Mosaics and museum area. Restaurants in town were also very good. For the restaurant i dont have much to say. We went for our breakfast and it was like a cypriot wedding te food was not us we expecting , to many people to much noise, A TRUE CHAOS and the waters just standing and watching.Special mention to Fanos who was very kind and helpful when i asked some things that were missing because other waiters just took them from the table and also when we were leaving i asked for a small water and he offered it on the house.The bar was good but the prices where a little bit high! The manager named Karomanos last day of our vocation sow us and didn't talk to us as usually. He looked nervous and he had the look of puss in the water.That was unprofessional and made us feel bad. So we had an experience less than what we were expecting. Better teach your stuff manners and then all the others.Good luck!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank 252JamesR252
Bishopbriggs, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at this Hotel in July 2012. The room was spacious and comfortable and we had a pool and sea view. If I were to find any fault, it would be that the pool tended to get very warm by lunchtime. However the Sea was only a few steps away and was a handy 'cool me down'.
We found the food in the hotel very tasty and there was certainly plenty to choose from.
The location of this hotel could not have been more ideal for us. A short walk along the promenade and we were in the centre of Pathos. Alternatively there was a bus stop right outside and buses were frequent and cheap.
Staff in the hotel were always very helpful and friendly.
Overall I think this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in so far.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ilona C
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel has potential to be amazing, unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to experience this! I have travelled to Paphos on many occasions and I was visiting this hotel on my own as an all-inclusive customer.
I was taken critically ill during my holiday and was shown a lack of customer care by the Thomas Cook rep "Paul" and the hotel staff, all whom failed to assist me when I became too ill to help myself.
The rep was elusive from day one, I did not receive any paperwork from him. Although there is a rep's board I had problems locating him.
After three days of being unwell at the Athena Beach I was able to locate the rep this time and as the I could stand the pain no longer he requested reception to call a taxi to the medical centre.
Having crawled up the hospital steps, I received life saving surgery. I was not contacted by Paul my rep for a week. By this point his visit was an insult. When my daughter flew out to pack my things from the hotel she was assisted by the customer relations at the hotel and they were unaware of my admission to the hospital. Frighting that a lady by herself in an all-inclusive hotel was not missed.
Both the hotel and Thomas Cook rep showed no empathy and kindness and all correspondence from Thomas Cook have belittled the lack of support I received.
Due to the poor customer service by all concerned I would definitely not recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Elaine H
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a weeks holiday here in June 2012. On the whole, first impressions were good, the hotel looks really grand as you come into the lobby area however the service and welcome were disappointing. We were really pleased with our room, even though we were facing main road you cannot hear any noise once you shut sliding doors. The grounds and pools are impressive however you do have to be out very early in the morning if you want a sun lounger in a nice spot as many people reserve these before breakfast.
Now on to the let down of the hotel...the food! Every single night the hotel portrays that they have different cuisine buffet, however they do not! The same LUKE WARM, BLAND food gets served up every night. We were put off eating at the hotel halfway through the week and ending up paying to eat elsewhere. We did raise our concerns with the general manager but were not satisfied with his response.
The location in my opinion is just right, it is close enough to the centre of Paphos to enjoy the shops, restaurants and night-life but at the same time it is far enough away to have a quiet holiday if you wish to. A walk along the seafront path at night is definitely worth a go, at a leisurely pace it takes around 30 minutes. Things we enjoyed in the area were the adventure golf that is a short walk away and the archaeological sites in Paphos. On the other hand I wouldn't recommend going to the zoo as the animals didn't look very well looked after and the supposed 30 min bus trip was an hour and a half.
I would recommend this hotel as long as you don't plan on eating here.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The moment we walked in the hotel they welcomed us with champagne & Cypriot delights, we stayed at the superior seaview room and it was just 'amazing' to hear the sound of sea & to feel the fresh breeze everyday. The room had the best expresso machine & the pucks are easily available at their variety store of the hotel.

We had a civil wedding & when I came down in my bridal dress to leave for the town hall the way all the ladies greeted us it just touched my heart and I will never be able to forget that.

The buffet breakfast was delicious & grand and we had so much to chose from. The services were amazing. Cypriots are very friendly & helpful. We had a great time at the hotel & it's at the perfect location from where u can easily walk down to the harbor for shopping or go to any other restaurant (in case you want to try something different) best fresh seafood & Italian restaurants just at walking distance. The best sheesha cafe' (Marie Marie) good food & amazing view of the harbor !

Over all we had the best experience & we would love to go back for vacations some time soon :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple