I stayed at the Athena Beach for a week with a friend. The room was lovely, very spacious, comfortable beds, and a decent sized bathroom with a great shower. There was a fridge, TV, and dressing gowns in the room which we enjoyed.
The balcony was large but we unfortunately were allocated a room with a mountain view. This sounds good but in practice meant we were overlooking the car park, road, and advertising hoardings across the road. We could see the mountains but the situation wasn't conducive to sitting out on the balcony. The balcony also never seemed to be in the sun.
That apart, we were very happy with the hotel which was spotlessly clean with lovely pools and right on the beach. I enjoy swimming in the sea but, as others have said, the huge rocks spoilt this and after banging my feet a couple of times on underwater rocks, I gave up and stuck to the swimming pools.
We never had any problems finding a sunbed although obviously we were there very late in the season and I don't think the hotel was full. The buffet breakfasts were delicious and evening meals were available although we chose to eat out every night.
We had some lovely meals , one of the best in Gabors, the French restaurant a short walk away towards the harbour, and the worst (and most expensive) at the Pelican restaurant at the harbour. Don't order the house wine there, it was undrinkable.
Drinks in the hotel are similar prices to the UK.
We would be happy to return to the Athena Beach but would probably pay a little extra for a sea facing room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos