“It's OK if all your looking for is a base and somewhere clean to stay”
Review of Nereus Hotel

Nereus Hotel
Ranked #48 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfiend in July 2012 in a one bedroom apartment. It was a bit of a last minute booking as we wanted a bit of sunshine. Most of the other hotels in Paphos were booked. A friend had stayed here previously a couple of times. We knew it wasn't the best place in the world but as it was available we gave it a go and booked for a week Bed and Breakfast. For what we paid for a week (about £250.00) I can't really fault the place. The reception staff weren't great. We arrived and were shown to our room with only a grunt from the chap who was there to 'greet' us. The rooms are dated but clean. Ours had a couple of cans of cockroach killer provided. Over the space of a week we did see three but I kind of expect that. I see them as being a bit like common house spiders. The aircon worked well which was good because outside it was boiling. The towels as mentioned in a few other reviews are a bit grey but they are clean. The hotel could do with investing in some new ones though. The shower in our room wasn't the best I've ever used but it served its purpose. We didn't really use the pool area as we had friend staying up the road and we walked up there to see them. The bar was good in the evening with night-time entertainment and the bar staff were very friendly. We had breakfast once but didn't go back. It wasn't the best. You can get breakfast down the street for about €2 anyway. All in all I wasn't unhappy with my stay here. I quite enjoyed it. Don't go here expecting the earth as you wont get it. It's a good hotel if you're on a budget and want some sun. If you're a group of lads of girls and want something cheap, in a good location etc then definitely consider it. For what I paid I would probably go back.

Room Tip: If you are paying no more than about £350 for the week for your one bedroom apartment then it's...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Leachy77

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A real Lovely 3* friendly family run hotel in a great location.
Me my wife and little baby Thomas stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in sept 2012. All Staff made me and my family feel so welcome always making a fuss over my little boy ( no Julie you can't keep him ! : )
Rooms are clean and tidy and all you need for a few hours sleep !
Food is fine always something to eat, you won't go starving : )
Its a steady 5 minute walk to bar street if you fancy a night on the town or 15 minute stroll down to the beautiful harbour if you want a nice relaxing night looking out to sea.
Weather HOT ! HOT ! HOT !
I really feel if your looking for a nice friendly good location hotel with just normal down to earth guests then give this hotel a try.
One last thing I would like to add as this might just help some guests is My grandma also stayed at this hotel with my uncle, she isn't too good on her feet so was relieved when one of the guests recommended a mobility scooter shop next door to the hotel a real added bonus for her this really made her holiday complete by hiring a scooter at a very fair price from the nice English man next door.
Hope to return with my family very very soon.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank leeds79
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at the hotel from the 10th to the 17th of oct 2012 and we found it great value for money ....it's not a five star hotel and we were never told it was, not been made out to be something it's not ....all the staff were super friendly and very helpful ,we really enjoyed goin over to papageorges were we met Jon on the bar who always made us smile ,we will be returning for another holiday .we found something to eat every day

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Terry M
Reviewed October 18, 2012

What can i say for the money we paid cannot fault at all.The staff were really friendly and welcoming,always polite. The food well lets just say was very high standard and very tasty would be more than happy to be served that in a restaurant,selection also very good. The drinks list was endless and the cocktails fantastic if not a little strong lol. All in all would definately visit again and for the money you pay its an absolute bargain

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jon3162
Reviewed October 11, 2012

my wife and i stayed at the nereus 19th september 2012 room 232 for two weeks on a return visit to the hotel, the first visit was in march 2012 with my parents and my wife.
on both visits we found the staff to be very freindly and extremly helpfull nothing was to much trouble.the food was very tasty and there was plenty of choice the food was also hot and nothing was repeated over a two week stay apart from the sunday roast. the meat was melt in the mouth and with proper roast potatoes, we have stayed in four star hotels in paphos and the food has not been has good as at the nereus nor has the friendlyness and helpfulness of the staff.
the rooms are very clean with plenty of storage space.there are two nice swimming pools and plenty of sunbeds.
the location is great for getting to all areas of paphos the harbour only about 15 mins walk away and bar street 5 mins. and the bus station about 10-15 mins .
this is a fantastic little family run hotel which offers great value for money in a great location we will be returning to the nereus in the near future.
thanks to all the staff for a fab stay.
kostas you have a good team hope to see you all soon many thanks mark and sandra

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MARK B
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Really lovely place just got back home from there. Enjoyed every minute of staying there. Nice atmosphere and staff and really really beyond what you would expect from them. They went above and Beyond to help us with anything we needed. Would really recommend this hotel and I'm defiantly going back there again. Best holiday ever by far :)

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Chrisbaxter85
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our second holiday at the Nereus and once again I was amazed at the friendiness and helpfulness of the staff, as well as the guests. the hotel now feels more like a home away from home. with its central location but far enough from the hustle and bustle of the main area (harbour) to be peaceful. you can walk into the town (shops/martket) or get a bus from the station (harbour) which is about 10/20 minute stroll. we didnt have afternoon snacks/lunch as we were out most days but the breakfast and dinners were selective and tasty. The staff also arranged/telephoned for the excersion with Stevie's (Jeep Safari to Arkamas) which cost 34 euros each, the driver Chistos was very knowledgeable and friendly (recommend) - we also (optional) paid 12 euros for a meze lunch. local coffee/cafe stops are plentiful, but would recommend Bella Pasta - 3.60 euro for ice cofee (frappe) and capuccino, Miltaides (in or going into town/market) - friendly chap and also Tea for Two. Would recommend the Nereus for all groups, families and singles.

Room Tip: due to karaoke night, may prefer (if intending either not to attend or go to bed early) a room not a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple