“Great Place to Stay!”
Review of Almyra Hotel

Almyra Hotel
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is an excellent hotel where they make an enjoyable stay for families and for couples. There is a seperate pool area for couples within the complex and a family pool at the other side with nicely shaded area in the pool to stop children getting sun burnt.
The staff could not be more friendly and the restaurant staff are attentive and make sure everything is taken care of.
We had an adjoining room for our teenage son which was a very useful feature.
We stayed 7 nights and the food was different every night. It is described as a buffett, but it is much better than that. The dishes are refreshed regularly and there is always a chef on duty to cook some specials.
We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a couple ask for a room nearer the spa side of the hotel. It will save you a bit of a wal...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,333)

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed at Almyra, which was a mix of business and pleasure. Unfortunately the room (which wasn't that far from reception) had very poor wifi signal, which kept dropping out when I was in meetings. This became extremely frustrating, I called reception to ask if there was a problem with the wifi and was told the I.T. Manager would look into it..... No joy. I asked if the ethernet ports were operational in the room (which is standard if wifi is poor) but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. That said the other part of my stay was for pleasure and I must say it's a pleasant stay. I had a garden room, which had a bit of road noise, but nothing that warranted earplugs and no different from living in London. The food was a buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner which was fresh, varied and plentiful. All the more pleasing was that there wasn't a chip or burger in sight, so don't stay if your not prepared to go without your 'british' fare for a week. The drinks by the pool and with meals are charged to the room, which had the usual hotel mark-up and not particularly cheap and can add on at least €46 just for 7 days water with lunch and dinner. If you want a cheaper evening the local bars near the harbour offer a substantially cheaper beverage. The hotel is situated in an ideal location, 10 minutes walk into the harbour area, which makes a pleasant evening stroll. Overall the staff are very friendly and couldn't fault their attentiveness during meal times. A nice little retreat.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank markrr71
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at Almyra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, your comments are very valuable and I am very glad that your stay overall was enjoyable. I have passed your comments on to the restaurant team also, as they really enjoy hearing good feedback from our guests.

Regarding the Wifi access, I would like to confirm that we offer complimentary Wifi in all guest rooms and in the hotel guest areas which does usually work very well. If on occassion there are complications they are addressed straight away. We have many business guests staying at Almyra throughout the year in addition to conferences held here, and can assure you the Wifi is not a permanent issue at the Hotel. I am very sorry that in your case we did not rectify the Wifi connection problem immediately. This is not our usual standard of responding to guest issues.

I hope you will consider staying with us again, and would like you to contact me directly if you wish to book so that I can ensure all your requirements are met to your satisfaction for your next stay.

00357 26885735

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited this hotel for a relaxing week in the late summer sun, and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Having used the recently built (EU funded) boardwalk to run the length of the hotel area of Paphos, we were certain we had chosen the nicest hotel, in terms of location and privacy, but that only tells half the story.

The service is impeccable and the staff very welcoming. The rooms are not excessively furnished, but have all you need, and very well kept - don't be put off by the idea of a Juliet balcony - the view over the sea make it a great place to sit and watch the day end. The bathroom could do with a shower curtain or something more than the fixed glass screen, to keep the floor from flooding, but otherwise all worked well.

The rooms may be 4 star rather than 5, and the main dining room, catering for half and full board bases between 4 and 5 stars, but the facilities are definitely 5 star. The main pool and surrounding area is clean, spacious and very presentable, the spa is top class, featuring a good gym with amazing views over the sea, and a children free infinity pool and sunbathing deck allowing you to really relax. The astro turf tennis court is free to hire, along with racquets and balls, and in good condition.

The variety of restaurants and bars offer a wide choice of fare, if a little on the pricier side than other local bars and eateries, although the harbour area is not much cheaper. The quality of food in the hotel however is excellent. We stayed on a full board basis, expecting to eat out several times, yet still getting value for our money, however the food was so good, we ate out much less than we expected. If you do want to eat out though, the nicer, better value restaurants are the opposite direction from the harbour, beyond the Amathus Beach hotel.

The Almyra definitely comes recommended, and was excellent value for money to boot.

Room Tip: Choose a high level room to allow you to see over the trees, and pay up for a sea view - its the idy...
1  Thank CityGent
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just had a very relaxing and pleasant week's stay at Almyra from 6th to 13th November. Stayed in a sea view room with terrace which we would recommend. There are no tea and coffee facilities in the room but for 3 euros per day tea/coffee facilities were provided daily. The room and bathroom were clean with fresh beach/pool towels being replenished daily. The air con was quiet and the bed very comfortable. The pool area we found to be very relaxing, nice double sun loungers over looking the sea. Families with children do tend to use the main pool as the spa pool is only for over 16's, but as it was low season there was plenty of room. The pool attendants were very good and always on hand to provide a refreshing beer or cocktail. We would highly recommend using the spa facilities, we enjoyed a couples massage in a wonderful room overlooking the sea and Lauren the Spa Manager was very welcoming and helpful, also loved the infinity pool!. We stayed on a full board basis which included meals in the Mosaics restaurant, all were buffet style but the variety and quality was very good. We found all the restaurant staff to be very friendly and attentive, particularly Przemek and Stefanos who deserve a special mention for their hard work making sure we had everything we needed whilst in the restaurant. Would also recommend eating in the Ouzeri restaurant on the seafront, they do meze style Greek food - not to be missed with spectacular views of sea and sunsets!

Our only disappointment would be in Lobby Bar were service was extremely slow even though there were only a handful of people in there, we cannot imagine how they would of coped in the middle of peak season - therefore we only used when Notios was closed due to a stormy evening.

Overall a wonderful holiday and would recommend at this time of year and we would return!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your great feedback about your recent stay. I have passed your comments on to Lauren and the Spa team also, which is always very rewarding.

I apologise about the slow service in the Lobby Bar during your stay here, it seems we had an issue there those evenings, which is not the standard we strive for. We have since repositioned members of the team, and we are always mindful of this to ensure there are no delays serving guests at any time during the year.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Almyra soon for another enjoyable stay

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice hotel, ideal for families. Quiet after dinner but sociable during day! Wouldn't stay here without kids. Nicely refurbished with exception of spa sign on infinity pool. Put me off a little and didn't venture in for treatments. The location is good for walks into Paphos, but there is no beach as such. The covered pool area made up for this with the double sun loungers!

Room Tip: Opt for sea view if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Like the Curates Egg our holiday was in the Almyra was good in parts.
I had never been to Cyprus before, and haven't visited Greece in a long time so forgot some of the pluses and minuses of these countries.

The view from the airport to the edge of Paphos is disappointing. The scorching sun, and the lack of a sense of civic pride in presentation, means the journey is like visiting a dishelved building site. This had a slighly depressing effect during the shortish journey.

I noticed the Hotel Reception area desk panel need a lick of paint, and I had a slight sinking feeling that this Hotel wasn't really 4 star, but maybe 3 star.

When I was shown to the room, although it was a sea view, I didn't think the quality of the room was 4 star either, although I felt I was paying 4/5 star prices for 4 nights.

However, the warm balmy air, and a quick dip in the sea made me feel slighty better, although the Hotel beach is nothing speacial, and you cannot really swim from the beach (only sunbathe)
because there is a rocky shelf before you get into the sea, and it is very uncomfortable to walk on. I saw from a small area further down from the Hotel. The Hotel has its own pool. This had Children in it, which I was happy to see but not swim in.

The food quality at breakfast was fine, and the hotel was relatively busy.

The bar and snack area near the pool was a pleasant sitting area, and the food was good quality.

We had one evening eating the Hotel, and the food was good quality, but struck me as expensive.

Paphos is a resort town area, and was not too crowded in Oct, Not exactly kiss me quick, but a notch or two up from that. Eating in the town was OKish. The Euro makes these rather average eating places feel expensive.

For four nights it was OK. I knew I was not stuck there for too long. The staff were pleasant, and the service was fine. The weather was pretty good. So a mixed bag. Maybe I have been unfair to Cyprus, as I really did not explore, but I won't be going back to either the Almyra or Cyprus for another holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

They've changed our room type without informing us prior to our arrival, nor telling us a reason why they did so. So even though we've booked garden terrace room near the spa building, we ended having a room at the 4th floor on the other side of the hotel. We didn't have a choice since the hotel was fully booked, so we took the junior suite they've offered which was ok, but nothing special. The facilities in the room and the decor in the bathroom were poor, in comparison to the ones in other 5 star hotels we've visited. They didn't even had a coffee maker, nor a tv internet in the room.
The coctails and the coffees served at the bar near the lobby plus the breakfast, were very good. In general the hotel was ok, but they still have to work on the quality of service they provide and the facilities in the rooms, especially in the superior ones.

Room Tip: if you are a person with difficulties in walking, it's better to book a garden terrace room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at Almyra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologise for not notifying you in advance of the room upgrade. I can understand why this was disappointing as you specifically requested to be on the ground level close to the Spa.

Our aim is to consistently deliver the highest possible standards in terms of our facilities and guest service, therefore I am thankful for your feedback about it not quite meeting your expectations. I have since followed up with the respective Managers as we are consistently reviewing and enhancing our facilities and amenities, in addition to ensuring we are delivering the most guest focussed service for our guests, which is our top priority.

I hope you do give us another chance! If you do, I would like you to contact me directly so that we can discuss your preferences in more detail to ensure your next stay is more enjoyable

I hope to hear from you soon

00357 888735