Elysium Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$172
$129
Almyra Hotel(Paphos)
$236
$326
  • Pool
Capital Coast Resort & Spa(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$89
Kissos Hotel(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$76
$68
$118
$100
  • Pool
Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$84
$79
$351
$166
Priceline
$276
TripAdvisor
Cynthiana Beach Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
3,626 results
All reviewsroyal gardenbacco restaurantcyprian maisonettehalf boardbeautiful hotelsea viewstar hotelkids clubprivate beachevening buffetpool staffindoor poolwelcome drinkguest relationstennis courtsa la carte restaurantsnothing is too much trouble
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel, have been coming to Cyprus for over 20 years and I can say with confidence this is the best hotel in Paphos.

Service is fantastic, so many staff and so well trained they are incredibly obliging especially the grounds staff and waiters.

The hotel is exceptionally good value (we are on B&B) and the breakfast has a great selection with very happy staff (especially the head chef!)

Grounds are well kept and the pools and beach are great, always enough sunbeds even of you come down at 11:30!

Great for family's and adults too

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rgoldblatt
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The facilities of this hotel are excellent! The swimming pool is big enough for all the guests, the private beach is wonderful, and there are always enough sunbeds. The Spa is an extra gem too, with an inside pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna as well a relaxation room.

ALL of the staff were extremely friendly and very attentive to all your needs.

The breakfast was incredible, so much to choose from.

The bedroom was spacious and very clean. The bathroom could have more light as it was rather dark. The rooms had much needed AC which was great. The double glazed windows shut out the noise from outside but it was noisy from the corridors, especially in the mornings.

This is a lovely hotel, I would come here again!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We visited the Elysium in Paphos after booking a last minute holiday and the Elysium was recommended by a local travel agent. Neither myself or my partner had visited Cyprus before so we were a little apprehensive as we are both quite particular about where we go on holiday. The Elysium surpassed our expectations.

The hotel has a wonderful atmosphere, the staff are friendly and helpful and do everything to make you feel welcome. We have to mention Ivan and Stephanie who went above and beyond to make our stay a wonderful experience.

We arrived late after a delayed flight which meant we missed our first meal in the restaurant. However, the hotel had recognised this and had left us two plates of delicious food in our room on arrival.

The food is exceptional (some of the best food we have had), there is a fantastic variety and every night a different theme is offered, we particulary enjoyed the Greek night! We had booked to go half board with the expectation of eating some meals out of the hotel, however, the food and atmosphere at the hotel meant that we didnt want to leave! The buffet food is freshly cooked with something for everybody. Breakfast is also exceptional. We also enjoyed lunches in the mediterrean restaurant with a beautiful sea view. The hotel also offer a martini night on the beach which we really enjoyed - the cocktails were fabulous!

I visited the spa which was a great experience, I had a massage and would thoroughly recommend this.

The hotel room was luxurious. There is a large pool and garden area with lots of space. The pictures of the hotel do it justice, it is elegant and everything is presented to the highest standard. We would certainly agree that the hotel is worthy of its 5 star rating, the hotel made our holiday in Cyprus and I'm sure we will return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MsHarlands
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I visited the hotel last weekend and stayed for three nights with my boyfriend. The room is ok and the service is not bad. The pools are nice and the atmosphere is quite relaxing.
I don't think I will be going back though because i was disappointed with a couple of things.

There is a sign at the pool which says it is open for swimming until 8pm. We went downstairs with my boyfriend for a swim at 7:20pm and one of the pool boys came and told us that the pool is already closed. I was very upset with this since I planned my day and I had in mind that before dinner I would relax a bit in the pool , take a shower upstairs and then head to dinner.

One more thing which was very disappointing is the fact that we went to dine at the Italian restaurant in the hotel which is an outdoor restaurant and now in Cyprus it is 40 degrees centigrade and very humid so obviously it is very hot. My boyfriend was wearing 3/4 length jeans and a t-shirt and closed shoes and they told us to leave unless he changes into long jeans. I found this very odd since at all the outdoor restaurants in the best places in the world it is ok to wear 3/4 jeans if you are decently dressed. Especially if you are staying in the hotel , I think it is very far fetched to have to explain yourself for what you are wearing.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
ExecEly, General Manager at Elysium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Tripadvisor member Stellitsa66,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your recent experience.
Constructive guest comments greatly assist us in constantly evaluating the level and quality of our services and facilities and therefore all comments of both positive, as well as negative nature, are being thoroughly looked into.

However, in regards to your critical comment about the dress code we would like to mention that we are asking our guests to dress on a smart way. Our Ristorante Bacco delivers first class food to discerning diners and, although by day guests enjoy the freedom of more informal wear, it’s by dressing up to dine at Bacco one delivers a much appreciated visual compliment to the culinary efforts of our team. It then makes for an all round enjoyable experience for all our diners.

I have personally met with you upon your departure and apologized for any inconvenience caused from the fact that you were not allowed to dine at the Bacco Restaurant and at the same time I have explained you that since we have a dress code policy in place we cannot do exceptions because this wouldn’t be fair for the guests who follow this dress code.

We would like to thank you once again for your recent stay and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Christos Papamiltiadous

Reviewed August 19, 2014

The hotel is very nice; the customer service was excellent. Be warned though that this resort is a very popular wedding destination - sometimes two a day during peak season.

Breakfast was excellent, cooked to order and always fresh. Great location too - an easy walk into town.

Room Tip: Hotel is massive, so you may want to ask for a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank hillbillyexpat

Dear Tripadvisor member Hillbillyexpat,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your recent experience and for your positive comments about the service and the breakfast. We are really glad that you have enjoyed your stay.

However, in regards to your comment about the weddings we would like to mention that for the last five years the Elysium is organizing only one wedding during the day.

We would like to thank you once again for your recent stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Elysium

Christos Papamiltiadous