“Spot on !!!!”
Review of Elysium Hotel

Elysium Hotel
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We have always wanted to visit paphos and the elsyium hotel and I'm so glad we did !!! The staff were so helpful throughout our weeks stay .. Especially luigi and the gang in the bacco restaraunt ..
The room the ground the bars everything was just wonderful !!! Thank you very much for a great relaxing week !! Can't wait to return!!! And hopefully with no broken bones ????

1  Thank Scott C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,526)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Myself, husband & 2 year old daughter stayed here at the beginning of June & had a fantastic time. This is our third time staying at the hotel, the first time was when we got married here 4 years ago. The wedding co-ordinator, Mirella is amazing & made organising our wedding very stress free, infact I couldn't believe she still recognised me after all this time, it was like meeting an old friend!

While checking in the reception staff welcomed us back & even allocated us the same room as we had on our last visit. We stayed in room 3212, which is on the top floor with amazing views of the pool & sea. I would recommend paying a bit extra for a sea view!

We had booked bed & breakfast however we did eat in the Mediterraneo restaurant, cafe occidental & in the Epicurean restaurant. The food, service & ambience made it perfect! Yes the food & drink can be expensive but you have to remember this is a 5 star hotel & it is certainly worth it! There are local shops nearby where you can buy water, juice etc. We did use the space left in the mini bar fridge and staff didn't seem to mind.

Although the Angels kids club is for age 3 and over, my daughter was allowed in as it was quiet while we were there. Rachael, the girl that works there is fantastic & does a great job at entertaining the kids. I had no qualms about leaving my daughter in her capable hands. My daughter is still talking about her & asking to go back to see her! It was great having some time on my own sunbathing by the pool!

While we were there the hotel held a Martini night & 1001 candle beach party, both were great! I've got to say the entertainment in the past was a bit on the poor side but it is certainly improving. My daughter loved the childrens entertainer.

The free wi-fi now is great. We did upgrade to the faster one available however we felt it wasn't worth the money as it wasn't any faster than the free service.

One point to make is that the swing park is great during the day however as it gets dark it's impossible to use it, may I recommend some lighting there so it gives us parents something else to do at night to keep our little ones entertained.

The only negative I have about this hotel is the sparrows, especially at breakfast. We ended up eating our breakfast inside as we were sick of cutlery, napkins & the cushions on the seat being covered in droppings. We did also see them flying inside at times & sitting on the fruit/yoghurt bowls, I find this disgusting! The problem seems to be getting worse! Please Elysium try & rectify this!

All staff do an exceptional job which makes this hotel perfect. I'm already looking at when we can return, the place just gets better & better each year!

Room Tip: Pay extra if possible for a sea view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GGraham2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The Elysium hotel is a superb hotel, with everything in it to make a holiday how it should be. Extremely clean hotel and wonderful polite staff. The pool and facilities are tip-top and the food is fab. The location is perfect with restaurants just outside the hotel, or just a 5 minute bus journey to the harbour. Overall fantastic experience!

1  Thank Jayhartas99
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. The staff are excellent and very friendly. Lots of entertainment in the evening and during . Indoor pool, adults only pool, main pool and kids pool are part of the hotel. Very clean rooms. The only downside to this hotel is the prices of the restaraunts however there are a lot of restaraunts and taverns only one minute away. Great holiday, consodering coming again next year!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Elysium for a week in July 2013 with my husband and 10 yr old son. The hotel is stunning, the lobby is bright, cool and airy, we had a wonderful welcome from the Reception staff. The pool area is beautiful and very user friendly as it is not too deep, the water was not too cold but still refreshing when you needed to cool down. We stayed on a half board basis, the food was fantastic, there was so much choice at breakfast and dinner and the waiting staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and well kept by the staff, we had and amazing view of the pool and sea and watched the sun set every evening before going down for dinner. I would recommend this hotel to any age group as it seemed to cater to everyone's needs, it was romantic but still child friendly. Well done for creating such a fantasic atmosphere, I hope to go back one day soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited this hotel in spring 2011, and had wonderful time!
The staff was great, very much service oriented.
The hotel design is just amazing: although being not a small hotel, it is combined of different separate parts that give an intimacy feeling.
Fantastic view, private beach, great value for the money.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just returned from a one week trip with our 4.5 year old daughter and I have to say that this was the best luxury family hotel we have ever stayed in.
The food was amazing, staff are all fantastic and the hotel and grounds are first class. I have never written a holiday/hotel review in the past as I have never been compelled to take the time and effort, however the Elysium hotel deserves to be highly recommended. We will be returning next year and are likely to book a Royal Garden room, although our side sea view room was perfectly acceptable.

Room Tip: If you book a side sea view room try not to get a room directly overlooking the front entrance of th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family