“Worth the drive”

Description: Traditional Cypriot Restaurant 14 kilometres north of Paphos
Rye, United Kingdom
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Having found this little gem of a taverna a few years ago we still continue to return whenever we go back to Cyprus which is every year. It is family run and the food is cooked and presented to perfection. The wine is also excellent as it is from a local winery. It is quite a drive up to the taverna from where we stay but it is well worth it for spectacular scenery on the way and amazing views upon arrival. The balcony is full of pots with lots of lovely colourful and unusual plants. The Meze is a wonderful choice because it is so different from the norm, the different dishes which are served so nicely and the flavours are amazing.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Sheila W

London, United Kingdom
“Welcome rest”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We often stop here with friends on our way back from a day in the mountains and at weekends it can be very busy with Cypriot families so that in itself a recommendation. There is a wonderful view over the valley from the balcony. Food is traditional Cypriot and very good but at weekends, due to the number of patrons, choice is limited so best time is a weekday lunch if you don't mind a wait meaning it is fresh! Most vegetables are home grown and tasty and the local carafe is okay too. Olive oil and honey produced locally (including by the owners) can be bought. There are two dilapidated c. 1950 Ford vans in the car park that would interest an enthusiast!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Stephen M
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My Father-in-law insisted on taking the weary travellers to this little hidden gem. Boy was it worth the journey. Nice scenery into the foothills of the mountains. A traditional old taverna overlooking the hills with lovely views. Now you will think me mad on the next bit-I have never tasted such amazing liver and onions in my life. It was sooooo good we went back again on my wife's birthday. Everyone was impressed with the quality of the food. I have to say lovely toilets! I cannot fault this restaurant, everything home made by the hosts wife. I asked how they made this delicious sweet. He looked at me and said "I just taste the food, my wife makes it". Priceless.
They even have wi-fi. If you have a hire car you really must give this place a visit.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Mulhuis
Limassol, Cyprus
“Good food in beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This place is a bit out of the way, on the E 606 just past Nata, but well worth the effort.

Beautiful place, old wooden tables, old photos, vines etc. We arrived late on a Saturday afternoon (3pm) hoping to get a drink and maybe some food if they were still serving. The owner welcomed us and asked if we wanted a menu and mentioned that he had stifado ready. So of course I couldn`t think of having anything but the stifado. We had salad with village bread, toasted with herbs and oil, and then the stifado with a few chips. Beautiful meal, the beef was beautifully cooked and tender with no fatty bits on it. We did sit out front watching the world go by but there are seats inside and on the balcony outside at the back with fabulous views over the valley. For the 2 meals,salad and bread, a large bottle of water and 2 cokes the cost was €32.
I`ll take photos next time I`m there !!

• Visited November 2012