“A perfect location where you can enjoy excellent food and wine”
Review of Kolios Winery

Kolios Winery
Ranked #46 of 124 things to do in Paphos
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We first visited Kolios Winery nearly ten years ago just as the paved road was being constructed. Prior to that access was via an unsealed track and locating the winery was much more of an adventure. The winery has developed considerably since we first visited and Marios and his family have worked very hard to develop the business to its current level.
The wines are all excellent value for money with Status 99 and Persefoni being our particular favourites. Over the years we have taken a number of expert wine tasters on our 'tour to the clouds' and all have been surprised by the excellent quality of the wine and everyone. bar none, has thoroughly enjoyed the journey.The views from the winery on a clear day are as good as you will find on the island.
The meze is a superb taste of Cypriot home cooking served in the immaculately clean panoramic resaurant facility and combined with the wine is a great way to spend a relaxing time away from the normal tourist trail.
The winery does not pretend to be anything other than it is - a superb location for a facility to produce premium quality wines which are available at an affordable price.

Long may it continue!!

By Craig and Stephanie Jones

2  Thank senojgiarc

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had such a lovely wine at Oliveto restaurant in Paphos that I went in search for a winery where I could purchase some. This winery is an amazing place high up in the mountains of Troodos. All the wines are on display and you can taste them. They have a wonderful area for wine tasting with the most amazing views. We asked if we could have coffee and the very nice lady made it for us with no charge. The wines come in very nice presentation boxes that make them nice to give as gifts.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

visited the winery in August, quiet while we visited.

Short tour of winery and quick tasting but meze was out of this world, so much food, views superb. Purchased white medium dry Persefoni and Medium Rose approx 1 euro cheapier than supermarkets.

Would highly recommend this winery

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited for lunch and wine tasting, the food was well cooked, it kept coming and quality was good, the wine tasting before was ok, I would have liked more detail about each wine and some conversation rather than handed a printed leaflet, the tour with the owner was excellent, he is clearly passionate about the wine he produces and all without irrigation, amazing
I purchased a case of Persefoni and 6 Merlot, all excellent, I seemed to miss out on the free bottle that other reviewers mentioned, but the lunch and tour made up for it, I suggest you go, it's a good experience, you need to book as its busy

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It's a great drive up to the Kolios Winery and the wine they produce makes it even more worthwhile. Its a lovely looking stone built building which doesn't prepare you for the view at the rear of the property. This is where you can have lunch (booking is essential) or have a bit of a wine tasting experience. The panoramic view is breathtaking and makes this winery quite special.
I really like the effort they put in to let individuals taste and discuss the wines on offer. I come here about twice a year mainly to buy the Persefoni Dry - a cracking white wine that sells here at a quarter of the price most restaurants charge for it. The wine here is improving year by year so I trust it will be a place I will return to again and again.

1  Thank Tony H