“Great Wine”
Review of Kolios Winery

Kolios Winery
Ranked #47 of 117 things to do in Paphos
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited for lunch and wine tasting, the food was well cooked, it kept coming and quality was good, the wine tasting before was ok, I would have liked more detail about each wine and some conversation rather than handed a printed leaflet, the tour with the owner was excellent, he is clearly passionate about the wine he produces and all without irrigation, amazing
I purchased a case of Persefoni and 6 Merlot, all excellent, I seemed to miss out on the free bottle that other reviewers mentioned, but the lunch and tour made up for it, I suggest you go, it's a good experience, you need to book as its busy

There are newer reviews for Kolios Winery

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It's a great drive up to the Kolios Winery and the wine they produce makes it even more worthwhile. Its a lovely looking stone built building which doesn't prepare you for the view at the rear of the property. This is where you can have lunch (booking is essential) or have a bit of a wine tasting experience. The panoramic view is breathtaking and makes this winery quite special.
I really like the effort they put in to let individuals taste and discuss the wines on offer. I come here about twice a year mainly to buy the Persefoni Dry - a cracking white wine that sells here at a quarter of the price most restaurants charge for it. The wine here is improving year by year so I trust it will be a place I will return to again and again.

1  Thank Tony H
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We returned to Kolios winery after tasting their stunning wines on our last visit. Alas it was out of season and food wasn't available. This time we had both available and it was to good of an opportunity to miss. we started with a brief wine tasting then a tour of the cellars, we returned to finish our tasting and were asked to choose our favourite to accompany our meze meal. The meze was more like a banquet, course after course with more wine on offer as we went on with our delicious feast. The views from the dining room were simply breath taking. This was a day out that will always be remembered by all of us.

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spectacular views, entertaining hosts/hostess, so much yummy meze and endless amounts of the most enjoyable Kolios wines, all for €20 - bargain! We took our visitors up here on quad bikes, which they loved and was a great way for them to see and experience Cyprus countryside & villiage life on Very short visit. We will be back many time again for sure, & taking all our visitors (+ locals) with us.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Visited this winery couple of days ago - main reason: I love their wine! It did not dissapoint! We got a bit lost on the way, but if you head for the main village square, you will see a big board, so you can't miss it. Stunning views from the restaurant area, we got a lecture about the winery and the wine making process and then the owner showed us around. The mezze lunch was delicious, (even though not that presentable) and for 20eur a head its great value (includes even a cake and coffee). I am not sure why people complained that the wine in the winery is more expensive then in the shops, we found quite the opposite - our favorite wine Status 99 was around 30% cheaper then in the shop and after buying a whole case of 12 (50eur), we got one extra bottle for free. Surely this wasn't my last visit and I look forward to taking another group of friends over there soon.

1  Thank Lucia R